Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Cal Crutchlow ready for Ducati challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Cal Crutchlow ready for Ducati challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Cal Crutchlow ready for Ducati challenge

Cal Crutchlow has admitted the challenge of making Ducati’s struggling factory Desmosedici machine a winner again in the MotoGP world championship will be the toughest of his career. Speaking for the first time since the British rider signed a two-year deal to join the Bologna factory from the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad next season, Crutchlow told MCN in an exclusive...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 August 2013 12:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Benny

So, it all becomes clearer. Eddie the famous transvestite is the "real" you. Now I understand this sick fixation you have with Crutchlow.

Reply to this Topic
Calfan

Oct 12

Calfan says:

poor Benny

He just can't take it. I guess i'll just have to get that BT broadband thingy now to see Cal thrash em on the Duke. That'll take a chunk out me pension.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Full factory is Cal speak for rich

"Full Factory" in this case means lots of upgrades that don't make the bike any faster, as opposed to the odd bit that makes his bike faster trickling down from Yamaha's factory team. Full factory just means rich. 

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

home free...

Well done to Cal. Now he will earn millions and can retire whenever he wants. A very talented and lucky man. Who wouldn't like to win the lotto? And Cal has just done it. A very sound financial decision.

Reply to this Topic
Shepatron4652

Apr 09

smart move

Even after his excellent performances Cal would have eventually been pushed down the order at Yamaha or even lost his ride with Pol coming in on factory contract and other young blood impressing all the time in Moto2. He didn't have much choice but to have a Factory Ducati contract on offer and not many other rider's lined up for it (even if the bike is a dog right now) is still a clever move for Cal. He could win a few races on a Satellite bike in future but the factory riders will always have more chance of a championship. Its not a long term option. And who wouldn't want to be in a top MotoGP team on big bucks, hands up who'd prefer CRT... Didn't think so. Audi will give Ducati plenty of funding and time to develop so it's only a matter of time and different riders input to eventually make the dog behave. Also the fact that Dovi and Cal pushed each other so hard at Tech3 is only going to be a positive rivalry to get good lap times out each other. But Cal is the Terrier and is a braver overtaker than Dovi so I can see Cal edging better results than Dovi in future.

Well done Cal, Smart move and I hope you can tame the beast!

Reply to this Topic
busaman195

Aug 09

busaman195 says:

will

Will only read about it thanks to BT.good luck cal ...for next year..

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I'vebeen the hero

"Full Factory" in this case means lots of upgrades that don't make the bike any faster, as opposed to the odd bit that makes his bike faster trickling down from Yamaha's factory team. Full factory just means rich. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done bud, you've summed up Cals move in one sentence......... ''as opposed to the odd bit that makes his bike faster trickling down from Yamaha's factory team''.  That's ALL Cal will ever receive!!!!!!! How the f--k is he meant to beat the works boys with a bike full of 'trickles'!? Jeez.

The Duke move is so bloody obvious that i'm baffled why the majority don't get it. Stay at Yam and he'll get the odd titbit or go to Ducati and receive the best the factory has to offer. And who's to say it won't be a weapon next season?

Job done. Well done Cal.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

The bottom line is..

..if it's a good move for Cal, then it's a good move.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHR and Pacey

Completely agree ! We all make our choices and he's made his.  Race on........

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

We won't know how good his move is til Valencia and the first test of next season if they still have it. As for money, he'd just bought a new house in a tax haven, so he was never the kind of skint we think of... Anyone saying it's a good move becasue next year will be the one is probably half mad and still relying on the lottery for their pension... Everyone but Stoner and Rossi have ended their careers in motogp by going to Ducati it will take a fucking miracle for Cal not to follow suit.. He's clearly happy but he hasn't ridden it yet.... Dovi was exactly the same beofre he rode it...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices