Skip to content

Discuss This Exclusive: Cal Crutchlow ready for Ducati challenge MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Exclusive: Cal Crutchlow ready for Ducati challenge

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Exclusive: Cal Crutchlow ready for Ducati challenge

Cal Crutchlow has admitted the challenge of making Ducati’s struggling factory Desmosedici machine a winner again in the MotoGP world championship will be the toughest of his career. Speaking for the first time since the British rider signed a two-year deal to join the Bologna factory from the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 squad next season, Crutchlow told MCN in an exclusive...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 August 2013 12:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Good luck Cal but don't expect great things if Ducat's track record is continuing. Even Stoner had had enough because they wouldn't listen to him.

Reply to this Topic
thedokter46

Mar 09

thedokter46 says:

deluded

challenging at the front er ru honsetly suffering from a mental illnes tell ya this cal not as long as you have a hole in ur arse will u get a podium on that bike it aint going to happen not even in the wet mate sorry ....... ur having a laugh u have spat your dummy out and taken your bat n ball home signing for that garbage from the best bike out there yam ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its suicidal bollox very very disapointed in the lack of comon sense ............... ur trying to prove something to make yam regret thier lack of what you percieve as your god given rights to a factory bike and contract but u cant demand mate you have to play this stupid game they play ur replaceable in any team ...................... and if you dont do the biz at ducati 90% on that fact u will be gone mate replaced by an up n coming new star where to crt or back to wsb a failed gp star id be very careful here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,u will be compleatly devestated wen you test at end of season its going to demolish your soul,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  the gamble u are taking is with ur entire career ur going from having ur name in lights to ppl asking wtf is inside ur head is it a fuking bubble ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this move has proved one thing its got to be about the money cos anyone with a functioning brain wouldnt touch a ducati with a fuking barge pole not one of the very top guys which you are top guys are you rossi marc yourgay dani thats it sorry think uv made the worst mistake of your career ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, we needed u up thier best racer we had since barry without any doubt cal showed the world mate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  this is gutting watching valentino in hell on that garbage was awful now you fuking sickening it is utterly sickening

Reply to this Topic
mattleon

Feb 09

mattleon says:

Doktor46....

Mate you need to look at the bigger picture. And deluded?? Wouldn't go that far....  You got to remember, this is a job for these guys - and from what Ive read, quotes such as "Ducati have offered him enough money to mean he would never need work a day in his life again" - I dont blame him from going there!!  

These boys aren't sitting in an office all day, they're risking their lives, and you NEVER know what is around the corner.  Look at riders like John Hopkins, Juan Lascorse etc....   All it takes is one (or a few) big crashes, and your career can either be over or never have the potential it used to.  Cal right now is in his prime, and he is no DOUBT, thinking about his future.  Yes it will be bloody hard for him on the Ducati, I agree with you on that - and I'm certain had there been an offer from the factory Yamaha or Honda team, even if it were for a lot less money, then he would have ripped their arm off for it.  But what else does he do?  

And if they are two very tough years and the results don't quite come....  Do you think that will be the end of his career?? I don't! Do you think, if Ducati don't get this bike fixed that at the end of next year teams aren't going to be looking at Dovizioso?  'Course they are.  A quality rider is aloways going to be a quality rider...  Has it ruined Vale??  haha. Exactly!  In my opinion, Cal's thinking "F*** it.... I'll go there, take on a huge challenge, and if I CAN make it work (wow, imagine that!! - it is not beyond possibilities remember!!) great, but if not, no doubt in a couple of years, i'll walk away with a few million quid in the bank, and then jump back on my Yamaha, and when Rossi eventually paves way..... Im sure i'll be in for a very good chance of getting it".   Until then, honestly....  What else is better he does? 

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Most top sportsmen/women have fairly large egos, so when Cal says that it will be a tough challenge, which it will be, you know at the back of his mind he is thinking.....I am as good, if not better than the rest,  I am going to be the one to tame this beast.                                                                                                                                              Don't get me wrong, I want him to do well, but in Ducatis current guise, he ain't gunna do it.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

Dictionary

I'm sure you can spell betta than tht mmmmmaaaaaatttttteeeee doktor full of it. Where's me staffy gone mate.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

He'll look great in red!

If ducati are carrying on racing something's got to change, there at the bottom now and surly anything they do can only start to make the bike better, they certainly know how not to build a bike now, cals a good man for the job, hope they prove alot of people wrong next year! 

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Pretty clear the lure of big money and to be called a full factory rider was enough for Cal. He deserves it on this seasons performances, in fact he deserves better than the poisoned chalice factory Ducati! But who can blame him for that, he can afford now a big pension which is important when these guys can have no career with any one bad fall.
He was at Yamaha at the wrong time I agree….and perhaps he may now find himself at Ducati at the right time. Preziosi is now long gone, the Germans have taken over and their engineers are now working on their version of the Desmo. So no doubt eventually they will sort the bike out, it is what they do. And then, although the bike will have very little left of the Italian version, there is a good chance the Ducati will be up at the front again. Cal beating Dovi? Not sure that will happen, it didn’t at Yamaha on equal machinery. 

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Good doktor...

don't let Crutchlow's cheap talk fool you. A bitch would ride a pig for money and Crutchlow will ride that Ducati, make no mistake, for the money. Deluded yes, just like any fool thinks money can buy you happiness... well he's in for a nasty surprise. The pressure, the bad results, the crashes, the humiliations (watch out for those CRT's!).....does he have any brains or is he the village idiot of motogp?

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Ed the lizard

I'm 1 to 467 I'm such a fan haha, 

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Ed

Oh come on mate, I know it's u and krapps really, along with me ur his biggest fans ha ha! 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices