Skip to content

Ask an Expert Quiet Helmet recommendations Bike accessories

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Bike accessories > Quiet Helmet recommendations

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

PaulFargo

Oct 12

PaulFargo says:

Quiet Helmet recommendations

Hi Guys,

Its' time for a new helmet, I ride a street triple so I'm in a upright position. I find ear plugs very uncomfy  and so are looking for a full face helmet that is quiet at high speeds, I have about £400 to spend have looked at Shoei Quest, HJC R-PHA 10+ and Arai Rebel and liked them all in the shop. Does anyone own these helmets and what do they think of them or have any other recommendations.

[This Topic has been modified by the Moderator]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (03 August 2013 17:57)

Post a message in Bike accessories

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

Hi

Had many helmets over the years, but now on my second Schuberth. Quietest I've had.

Reply to this Topic
bbstrikesagain

Nov 08

My Shark

RSR2s are quiet, I knew they would be thanks to reviews on webbikeworld,  Maybe not quite Schuberth quiet, but even that won't be silent, or safe for your ears.

If you ride fast and often then your ears need plugs, regardless what lid you wear.  I've found nothing as comfortable as Alpine MotoSafe.  I've tried foamies, putty, custom silicon, but it's always back to the Alpines.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

The Quest

I've found it okay but not the quietest. Fit the chin guard and wear a scarf and it's much, much better. I can't use ear plugs as they set off eczema and without the scarf I notice the effect on my hearing after riding.

I use a scrim scarf which traps a load of air and as a result is good in hot or cold weather.

EDIT: Oh and I'm aware wearing a scarf may make you look like a dick but I'm not only used to it, I relish in it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
peternguyen

Aug 13

peternguyen says:

Schuberth is my choice

I also go for Schuberth.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale