Skip to content

Discuss This Silverstone WSB: Rea braves tricky conditions to take race win World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Silverstone WSB: Rea braves tricky conditions to take race win

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Silverstone WSB: Rea braves tricky conditions to take race win

Pata Honda rider Jonathan Rea braved changing conditions during the first WSB race at Silverstone today to take his first victory of 2013. The start was delayed after rain began to fall, but the race eventually got underway on a dry track. Title contender Tom Sykes started from the second row, but moved in to the lead on lap four and was looking...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 260 days ago (04 August 2013 13:09)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Super stock race

Did anyone see the super stock 1000 race, full grid, cheap to run bikes,close racing what more do you need?

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Well done Jonathan - Good to see you back on the podium (and top step) I hope you continue the run mate....

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Agree shawno

Glad to see him up there, an Aprilia,BMW or Kawasaki sure he'd of being on top step many more times, well done Jonny! 

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

Well done Jonathan, Honda needs to get the RCV streetbike homolagated for superbike duty or else Jonny will be jumping ship...i think hes had enough of riding underpar bikes for awhile now..

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

@bluehaze60

I appreciate your point, but also completely disagree with it.  Whilst superstock racing does provide entertaining racing - it's just not the same.  A fully fledged superbike sounds truly savage in the flesh and are noticeably more 'special' than the superstock machine. Think group b rally cars versus WRC machines of today - it's just not the same spectacle at all.

Impressive ride by Rea though - certainly made the most of the conditions - would have also been in with a shout in the second race too had he not struggled so much to get by Sykes initially.  The Fireblade is just so behind all the othe bikes at the moment - it's essentially a 5-6yr old design now - desperately needs an update if Honda want to remain competitive in the championship.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Race bike specs

Their is a big gap between superstock and WSB you only have to compare lap times. But something must be done to reduce costs and get a full grid.The  way to is BSB Regs they have cut costs drastically by taking away the electronics. My sugestion is seeing DORNA run both MOTOGP and WSB Why dont they scrap prototype MOTOGP bikes which have even bigger problems to fill the grid(CRT is a waste of space) Make WSB spec bikes the premier class "MOTOGP" and their should be a BSB spec bike for WSB. This would drastically reduce costs of both classes and hopefully we should start having full grids again      

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

@rachetman

I think it would be a real shame to lose the prototype nature of MotoGP - it wouldn't be the same series at all in my eyes - to use another car analogy, it would be like F1 cars being switched for DTM machines.  It would also devalue WSB significantly - there was a time when being WSB champ was nearly as prestigious as being a 500GP champ.  I think this was due to the contrasting riding styles required for a 500 vs a Superbike - being very quick on one wasn't necessarily a guarantee you'd be fast on the other.  I think the switch to four strokes in MotoGP and the increase of electronics in both championships has made them converge somewhat though and already devalued WSB from what it was. If the bikes became even more similar WSB would be more like a support class rather than a standalone series.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

simplebystander

Their isnt that much difference between MOTOGP bikes and WSB bikes at a recent test the ducati MOTOGP bikes were their along with theWSB bikes and the quick WSB bikes were faster than the Dukes. Costs have got to be cut and While the WSB bikes are expensive they are alot cheaper than MOTOGP bikes. Another big issue for both both championships are television rights. With WSB only being shown on SKY (which I have got) Sponsors are hard to come by because of the narrow publicity they recieve. It could well be the death of the current MOTOGP format with BT having sole rights to television. Both series need a big review on costs and not putting them on terestriral television is  a really bad move on behalf of DORNA 

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Why

Does every superbike thread become a debate over the significance of the series, it currently is what it is, 2 races with Brits and Italians winning, If Tom Sykes came past me on a bsb bike with his fairings on and his wsb I really bet I couldn't tell the difference, anyway I really hope tom gets back to his winning ways and his championship domination back on track!

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

errrr...

by the way...well done jonny. let's hope it gets damp and wet for the rest of the season, a wasted talent.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle