Skip to content

General Going to regret asking this... General

You are in... Forums > General > General > Going to regret asking this...

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Going to regret asking this...

I'm trying to find a pair of bike boots,not flash "race"ones but real bike boots that you can actually walk in.Like they used to wear with "seaboot"socks rolled over the top.Was a firm/shop somewhere near Leicester I think but can't find it.Any ideas where I might get some?Please.:smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 341 days ago (05 August 2013 17:21)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shaunthesheep52

Dec 12

seaboot socks ........

well " squeeze me teats " and call me tony .....was on about them yesterday ..... had them in 1976 when i had me 1st road bike ... white fluffy socks over me bike boots .....ahhhhhhhhh them were the days ...used too be able to do it " 3 times " a day then ....now ( sadly ) the mrs can only coax the mummy out of the crypt every now and again .... thanks for the memory CB13 ....... 

Reply to this Topic
ninjachica

Jul 08

ninjachica says:

Seaboot socks

Used to wear them in my Derri-boots :biggrin:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

OMG...............

:shock::shock::shock:

I still have mine ....and the "Mascott"  wax cotton......whiffs a bit...:upset:...... the sheepskin gauntlets are a bit ....crusty....but the "Kays Catalogue"... Kangol helmet......ain't too bad........:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Yep...

I was right:lol::lol:

Reply to this Topic
stevebaldy

Aug 07

stevebaldy says:

i seem to recall

my first biker boots were made of rubber with extra padding on the ankles and an extra strip across the top for gear changes.....:huh:.....so in fact,.....wellingtons!!..:shock:....and yup, looked very fetching with my sea boot socks over the top  (also still got mine)

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I dunno

about socks over the top crap but the following two items are the best boots I've had for walking: Daytona Shair (or something like that, it's the same as the Roadstar or something like that but made for Heine Gerike) is second best whilst if you want the best for walking then you're looking at Altberg boots - they've a new one out called the Roadrunner or something. They are cheaper then the Daytona and come with proper walking boot soles. If you want to go walking in them then you can quite happily. I had the Clubman Roadsters which like the Daytona lacks a little in the protection department but are very comfortable in all weathers (I've ridden at 70mph at -7C on a naked bike and been comfortable as well as not being sweaty in warm weather). The problem was that the waterproofing went and the soles wore out after just over a couple of years, or (at that time) about 30,000 miles.

Reply to this Topic
CB13

Apr 10

CB13 says:

Thanks...

phil,will investigate further the boots you mention.:smile

Reply to this Topic
babyblade41

Aug 05

babyblade41 says:

Have you tried army surplus

just a thought:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
BaldE35

Oct 06

BaldE35 says:

ALTBERG

:wink:ARE THE DOGS BOLLOCKS IF YOU WANT TO TRY FURTHER  AFIELD.

http://www.altberg.co.uk/category/motorcycle-boots/

OR WHY NOT TRY DOC MARTINS SHOP

http://www.drmartens.com/page.asp?navid=74

YOU'LL GET A BETTER DEAL IF YOU GO TO THE SHOP RATHER THAN BUY ON LINE AND IT'S A GOOD RUN OUT. PHONE FIRST AS THEY DO NOT HAVE EVERY SIZE IN THE LITTLE SHOP.

NO IDEA WHY THIS LAPTOP IS STUCK IN UPPER CASE...

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Boots

I use ex-para boots.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN