Skip to content

Discuss This Rain disrupts Casey Stoner’s return to two wheels in Japan MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rain disrupts Casey Stoner’s return to two wheels in Japan

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Rain disrupts Casey Stoner’s return to two wheels in Japan

Casey Stoner has returned to MotoGP action at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan today, the double world champion completing his first stint on a factory Honda since he retired from racing nine months ago. Stoner’s two-day appearance, which was exclusively revealed by MCN last month, is the first of four test sessions the Australian has planned in the coming...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 August 2013 09:27)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

great to see him back..

are these official photos from HRC? i believe thats also the president of HRC on the right thats talking to Casey...hmmm i wonder now if this testing has more to it than i first thought...

Reply to this Topic
toadhancocks

Oct 10

toadhancocks says:

@ridgey

No thats definatly Mr. Myagi, he's been cleaning the bikes.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Do you think

Livio is laughing becuase Casey has just said "Marquez, no worries Myagi san".

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Toad....

Since Benny's recent departure(s) it's nice to see some causal racism on this forum.  Well done.

Will be nice to see the times Stoner sets in these tests, on either the factory bike or the proddie RCV.  I'm not expecting it to be anything other than blindingly fast like Casey always was.  Would be nice to have him back on the MotoGP grid at some point, Ducati or Repsol Honda in 2015??

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

No wonder HRC go out on a limb to get Casey, a rider prepared to push to the absolute limit on any bike

From Crash.net, interivew with Sylvain Guintoli:

Crash.net: 
Can you put your finger on what makes the Ducati Desmosedici so difficult? 

Sylvain Guintoli: 
If I knew, I'd probably still be there. In short, I don't know. 

I'm not the only one who broke his arse on that bike. It's a very different bike in many ways and at the time it was also different to the one they're using now, we were using the tubular frame. It's a bike I enjoyed riding but it just wasn't fast. 

To this day there was only one rider who could make the bloody thing work. Some people say the front end is vague but if you look at how Casey was using it, you could say there was no massive problem with the bike because he could do it. He's not a bloody magician, he just understood it. Either he was more clever or more brave, whatever, he was permanently 'on it' on that bike. 

We had his data available to us and I remember looking at it and thinking ''F**king hell, this guy is entering every corner like he doesn't want to get out'. He was doing things on the bike that you wouldn't normally do. 

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Rain?

With the foresight of the Aussie cricket team, Honda book one of the most expensive test riders in the world, in Japan during August... one of its highest months for rainfall in that region.

Forecast is good for tomorrow. Let's hope he can get close to acheiving in 1 day what he was booked to do in 2... if it doesn't rain.

Reply to this Topic
pannyderosa

Jan 13

pannyderosa says:

5 secs off

Apparently the word is he was 5 secs off last years times with a 1.50.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Wild card at P.I. and Motegi ??

putting all personal feelings aside - I don't think it should be allowed - given Stoner's previous success on the RCV it could disrupt the championship and adversely affect the outcome !

Adie - if he did return to the championship 2014 I doubt that it would be on the Ducati.

Alex - are you the original 'MilkyBars' then ?

And --- please let's not have a 600 post Stonerfest!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Yes

Yes I am 

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

And

wouldn't that be the idea to help a Honda pilot win the championship?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices