Skip to content

Discuss This Danger bikes wanted! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Danger bikes wanted!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Danger bikes wanted!

Danger bikes owners needed! MCN are looking for owners of some of the most ferocious motorcycles ever produced for an upcoming test. Specifically we're looking for owners of: 1986 - 1988 Kawasaki GPZ1000RX 1997 - 2001 Suzuki TL1000S 2004 - 2005 Kawasaki ZX-10R 2011 - current Aprilia Tuono V4 We'll be using the information to help with our article and there may be a chance you get...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (06 August 2013 17:03)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I heard that only tough guys

ride the Multistrada "Classic"

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

Yep

You need to be ard to ride something so ugly! 

Reply to this Topic
comfysofa

Apr 13

comfysofa says:

RSV4 factory - (non aprc) easily the scariest bike ive owned (and still own) - its a violent work of art.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Any of these god awful self assembly Chinese "bike in a box" things should be given a mention for danger. The build quality of a Fray Bentos pie tin outshines them!!!!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

What?

How could the Kawasaki H2 Mach IV be left off the list of danger bikes?

Reply to this Topic
rockabillyboy

Sep 10

The Kawasaki  Z.L.1000 eliminator & the worst handling bike I have ever ridden [and I started on a sprunghub  1953  Triumph ]  an early  Yamaha XS 650 ,both take some beating .       And  p.s.  How come M.C.N.  are allowing all the  SPAM !  .

Reply to this Topic
Trumpton3

Feb 08

Trumpton3 says:

Ha ha

I think we all spotted the odd one out was the Kawasaki GPZ1000RX or was it a miss print ?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

A mis-print? Nope

The RX was a piece of the proverbial in comparision to its Gpz900 predecessor, posessing none of the 900's balance or feel. The thou' had a horribly soft front end which was cunningly combined with little feel. I was very disappointed in the thing as it looked the bollocks at the time.

Reply to this Topic
Bob_1

Feb 05

Bob_1 says:

GSXR1100K

I owned and sprinted a GSXR 1100K. A notoriously bad handling bike with a brilliant motor. You couldn't relax on it, you had to stay in charge or it would have you through the nearest hedge. I fitted Pirelli Hi Sports in an attempt to give it better traction, they worked but the bike shredded them in a few hundred miles and a following rider commented that the rear wheel was off the ground a lot of the time.

A neighbour bought one too and even after Maxton had rebuilt the suspension it was still evil. I'd changed bikes to a ZZR1100 by then and there was no way the "Sports' Suzuki could stay with the 'Tourer" Kawasaki. We were riding over Dartmoor, before the 50mph limits were imposed, going quite quickly and my friend on the Suzuki stopped, I thought he'd broken down. When I went back he said it was either stop or crash trying to keep up, that says it all really.

Therefore I nominate the GSXR 1100K to be included in the Danger Bikes article.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices