Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans

Casey Stoner was able to give HRC technical staff vital information on development of its 2014 factory RC213V MotoGP prototype at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan today. But the Aussie ruled out any plans to race as a wild card later this season after it was rumoured he would make a sensational return to racing in his home race...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 358 days ago (07 August 2013 10:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

"..a non existent chatter problem"..is not making up stories?

Seems that despite all his whining, it was Stoner who believed the problem wasn't as bad as he'd made out..otherwise he'd surely have taken the new chassis like Dani did with marked improvement.

Is Nakamoto making up stories too, by pointing out Casey was too flustered and immature to make the correct choice?

There isn't anything to argue about DF..this is what happened.

Your refusal to accept reality, while hardly surprising, is not ol wosi's problem..it's yours.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

sorry wosi

I  forgot that my past references to you being unfamiliar with the concept of irony were no exaggeration; you would appear to be equally unfamiliar with the related phenomenon of sarcasm.

If  Rossi hadn't had chatter in 2006 (a problem which can exist for him apparently, but not for a rider you don't like), and hadn't crashed in 2010, he might have 2 more championships, Doohan would very likely have had 2 more if he hadn't crashed in 1992, and possibly another if he hadn't crashed in 1999, Rainey would likely have at least 1 more if he hadn't crashed in 1993, Lorenzo's crashes this year may cost him this championship.

So what? That's racing, as Casey Stoner, someone who as opposed to you knows a thing or two about  winning premier class races and championships has said,  and doesn't change the 2 championships and 38 race wins which so rankle you  (particularly, it would seem, and for fairly obvious reasons,  the championship and 23 race wins for Ducati) leading to your incredibly boring, unoriginal, repetitive, peurile jibes at/about him, just as the occurrences I have listed don't change the even greater achievements of those other riders.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Ifs buts and maybees

Call them what you like, just showing you the reality of a situation that you seem to think has some sort of significance.

"..a non existent chatter problem"..is not making up stories?

Not too many posts ago you were telling anyone you thought might care that Honda created a new chassis to overcome the chatter. Now you're claiming they created a chassis to overcome something that didn't exist....

You need to keep up with your own spin, otherwise people may begin to realise you're full of shit...

Seems that despite all his whining, it was Stoner who believed the problem wasn't as bad as he'd made out..otherwise he'd surely have taken the new chassis like Dani did with marked improvement.

The kind of improvement that left him trailing in Stoner's wake at the next race. You really don't get it do you.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Comprehension..

Although you've got the wrong end of the stick Bulto, regards 'the chatter problem'..it illustrates my point about DF making up things to suit.

Indeed, I did mention the chatter being a problem. Everybody and his dog - woof - was subjected to Repsols dilemma often & long. HRC built the 2013 bike as a counter measure.

DF's problem - as you should have guessed from a rare vitriolic outburst, much prized by wosi btw- was that I implied the issue was not as big or debilitating as Stoner made out.

He was the MAIN protagonist in HRC's campaign of dis-satisfaction against Dorna's introduction of the new tyre and increase in weight limit. Pedrosa had a bit part. The other RCV riders didn't have a problem and Stoner even went as far as to say it was because Bradl & Bautista weren't riding fast enough.

In my view it was more a political stance that gave Stoner the opportunity to vent his anger, a favourite past time. It certainly didn't seem to hamper his performance that much..

The first 7 races of 2012 saw him bag 3 wins with 6 rostrum in total, not making the podium only once, a 4th in Catalunya. Going into Germany where he made the error that undermined his whole championship, he was joint leader in the standings.

You've just said it yourself..he won at Laguna, his 4th win in 10 races on the old chattering chassis, so how big exactly was this mystical issue that had him launching into attacks on Dorna left, right & centre?

My reference to 'non-existent' and making stuff up, is because DF got the hump about me picking holes in Stoners excuses.

DF is implying, along with your confused self now, that wosi said there WASN'T a chatter problem - which of course I did, while questioning it's gravitas - and he is now trying to pass it off as irony and sarcasm..which is questionable when you're as anal as him and doesn't tend to come over particularly clear in print.

Especially when I know he has a big problem accepting wosi's point, because it shows Casey up for a typical Aussie and the moaning little shit he is. 

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

moaning

is admittedly your area of particular expertise Wosi, and certainly only indulged in by you and a few of the other usual suspects in this thread, in no way relevant to the topic of this thread (testing of next year's HRC bikes), or the rider concerned from whom  the only statements I have seen indicated he enjoyed riding a GP bike again.

Don't credit yourself with being able to disconcert me with the 100th repetition of some of your most tired and discredited arguments, although it reinforces to me why Stoner got jack of the whole circus and the  vapourings by the likes of you which surround it.

Once again, why have Nakomoto et al bothered to get Stoner to do the testing and turned up en masse to watch and welcome him doing so if his input is of no use as you contend by your even more than usually confused arguments? You also did in fact  argue simultaneously in this thread both that the chatter was a minor problem ( I presume by a personal communication from Dani Pedrosa or Casey Stoner, as only they by definition would know how serious it was, unless there were other HRC race riders in 2012 of whom the rest of us are unaware), and that Stoner was remiss in not immediately switching to a new chassis designed to address it, or are there (heaven forfend) multiple Wosis now posting on the forum?

Also again, I applied your argument regarding Stoner's 2012 season to Lorenzo's current somewhat similar situation precisely because I think it to be totally invalid, something commonly known as satire, another concept around for centuries of which you would appear to be unaware.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

He was the MAIN protagonist in HRC's campaign of dis-satisfaction against Dorna's introduction of the new tyre and increase in weight limit. Pedrosa had a bit part. The other RCV riders didn't have a problem and Stoner even went as far as to say it was because Bradl & Bautista weren't riding fast enough.

No he wasn't, Pedrosa was just as annoyed about it as well you know and Honda themselves also made the same statement., but that doesn't suit the cause does it. Stoner was also quoted more than Pedrosa, something else you're aware of but ignore.

As for Bradl and Bautista, he may have had a point wouldn't you say, seeing as you and many others have accused them of repeatedly underperforming. Neither were they on full factory spec bikes

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

as I recall BB

some bloke called Nakomoto was also somewhat of a protagonist in regard to the weight and tyre changes, Stoner initially only saying in regard to the latter that the other riders apart from Pedrosa were wrong. It would seem Rossi and Lorenzo now also agree with them, and MM is presumably not in much of a position to agree or disagree not having ridden the old tyres.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

mission accomplished..

wosi's cause is to show up fanboy flouncers such as your good selves, for exactly what they are..and the shite you both come out with in the name of defending the moaning Kangaroo boy with a bucking horses head, says it all.

Some bloke called Nakamoto recently confirmed what wosi and one or two others have been saying all along..Casey Boner is fast but fragile and doesn't operate under pressure.

You have to question his mental fortitude.

For a fella who supposedly didn't give a chuff about anything but the racing, he sure seemed to pay a lot of attention to whether he was being respected enough.. it affected Casey in his job. Stoner repeatedly dropped bollocks both on and off track, and it retired him early..

The stress was too much.

He won't be coming back because it would do his head in for good when people started asking the same old questions, about his all to apparent weaknesses..

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I see

Wosi that whilst sticking with the only remaining string to your bow, ad hominem, that you have broadened your range of Monty Python characters to include the Black Knight as well as the  guy in the argument sketch. He didn't think he was losing either.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Brain fade..

ad hominem (Latin for "to the man" or "to the person")

Nakamoto on Stoner..(the man or his personality)

" Round Eight in Germany, and all our plans went out the window. In that race, he didn’t even need to win, finishing behind Dani would have been good enough. It was impatience that led to his crash and a no-point race result. And this led to his behaviour at the following GP in Italy..he couldn’t calm down and get his set-up done properly, and rode a poor race to finish eighth which knocked him right back in the championship points table. If only he had finished properly in Germany, he would likely have ridden as steadily as usual in the following races and possibly would have escaped injury in Round 11 at Indianapolis."

" When it came to choosing his bike too, while Dani was full of praise for the new chassis, Casey reckoned it wasn’t much different and stuck with the older one. It wasn’t just Dani..Stefan liked the new chassis and used it for the final GP at Valencia, and when Alvaro tried it in the post-season test he also declared it excellent.

" Now that I think on it, pushing Casey to test the new bike after the Italy GP was maybe a mistake. I guess I should have waited a bit longer until he had regained his composure. If I’d waited, he might have been able to see things clearer and appreciate the quality of the new bike...I wouldn’t say his personality is completely mature yet."

Unfortunately for #27ers, Shuei Nakamoto IS talking about the man and his personality.

The boss of HRC relates how, in this instance, he believes that Casey's mind set was distracted and on a  negative. He blames himself for not man managing properly but, in reality he shouldn't have had to wipe a twice WC's arse for him. A Husband and a Father.

Sport at this level is 95% between the ears. When the going gets tough, the tough get going and all that business..

For me and plenty of others who watch the racing, Casey Stoner was a hell of a rider..but a great racer?

No..

When the going got tough..he generally bailed.

The antithesis of dogged - woof woof - Australian sporting heroes.

Rather a disappointment given the ability.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices