Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans

Casey Stoner was able to give HRC technical staff vital information on development of its 2014 factory RC213V MotoGP prototype at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan today. But the Aussie ruled out any plans to race as a wild card later this season after it was rumoured he would make a sensational return to racing in his home race...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 360 days ago (07 August 2013 10:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Nakamoto on Rossi.

"He is a talented rider and we all expect him to do a good race," Nakamoto said when quizzed on Rossi's issues with Ducati.

"After he left Honda, he wrote a book and said it is the rider what matters and not the machine.

"So now is the time for him to prove that. If he comes back to the top we will try desperately to beat him."

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Nakamoto on Stoner

"We held a farewell party for Casey Stoner after Valencia. When the party was over, the two of us stayed on, chatting, and I found I couldn't control my tears... Everyday Casey came up with something new that astonished us"

"Right from the first day Casey came to ride for Repsol Honda, pretty much every day he came up with something new that astonished us. I don't know of any other rider that is such fun to work with. I hope he quickly recovers from his injury, and if he ever decides to come back he will find a warm welcome waiting. I told him that's always on offer".

"Casey is a rider I really love. I couldn't imagine anything better than racing with him. Casey is fast. Really fast. We were constantly shocked that the bikes we had made could go so fast when Casey was in the saddle. When Casey is confident and relaxed about his riding, there is nobody in MotoGP who can come close." 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Someone with questionable mental fortitude questioning the mental fortitude of others?

And likes to speak in the 3rd person? It's not ironic it's moronic...

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Burgess on Rossi

"He's a realist, he knows he's perhaps not at the level of Casey and Lorenzo but he certainly believes he can race with the rest of them," Burgess said.

"At some point in your life you're not as good as you once were".

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Yes..CH987.

There is no doubt on his day, Casey's pace was astonishing..shocking even. That's not what Nakamoto was talking about though is it, in my excerpt from the interview?

When the man speaks with such glowing praise about certain strengths, but in the next breath is so brutally honest about weakness..we listen, or at least some of us do.

About Rossi?..you wouldn't expect any different from him after the way HRC perceived Val dumped them, almost as a traitor.

They promised to crush him..10 years after he left Honda have just 2 titles.

Perhaps they should give Preziosi a call?

Fk me..the turncoat returns, don't forget we have a date out the back of the L&V..amongst the big bins and empties?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

wosi

Unfortunately for #27ers, Shuei Nakamoto IS talking about the man and his personality.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That doesn't make him right though. It's his OPINION and that's all it will ever be bud, no matter how much you credit it as 'correct'.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

mmm..

Perhaps we should listen to you, Bulto & DF? That'd be nice n cozy..

Oh..hold on, we already do and it doesn't make a blind bit of sense.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

This is what makes it so sad about Stoner. There is no doubt he was a fast rider and he could of had the world at his feet, but because of his mental weakness he couldn't reach his full potential.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Firebirds right..

..it's..it's..just sooo sad.

:lol::lol::lol: 

fk..pass me a fresh set of yellow panties. I've just pished mesen.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

these are desperate times

for you Wosi, aren't they?

It is amusing to watch you cycle down through one of these threads, where you start and end with petty malice, obviously having nothing else to offer. You seem to operate with the ludicrous belief that repeating peurile arguments often enough and mixing them with schoolboy insults will somehow make them true. Why don't you threaten to hold your breath until I agree with you? That is about your level. Repetitive petty malice doesn't even make you grandly malicious, just more pettily malicious.

So Nakomoto would have liked Stoner to win a third championship in 2012 and thinks he had the talent to do so? Hardly  startling insights. He doesn't think whilst recognising many excellent qualities that Stoner is a perfect human being? Again, hardly startling..

What is patently obvious is that it is Stoner's success rather than any failings he may have had which so rankles with you, as your multiple mewling posts completely irrelevant to the topic of this thread once again indicate.  In this reality Stoner still won as many championships in his time in the premier class as any of the riders he rode against over the same period, including 2 unequivocally great riders, and more races, 38 in total, 4th on the all-time list, and watching him ride even a single lap in his spectacular style was a joy for anyone interested in the actual sport and the limits of the possible as far as GP bike riding goes rather than in a  pantomime show. Oh, and to join you in perseverating,  the inconvenient truth for you is that 4 of his 7 years in the premier class, 23 of his wins and 1 of his championships were on a Ducati which no-one else could ride.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices