Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner tests 2014 factory Honda but no wild card plans

Casey Stoner was able to give HRC technical staff vital information on development of its 2014 factory RC213V MotoGP prototype at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan today. But the Aussie ruled out any plans to race as a wild card later this season after it was rumoured he would make a sensational return to racing in his home race...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (07 August 2013 10:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

None so blind as those who will not see..DF

..is an old proverb, which fits fans like you to a tee.

You keep bleating Ad hominem because you don't like what you read and like to act the self appointed topic moderator, but seem to be missing the point..again.

Some of us have a bit more to say and aren't content blowing smoke up riders and other like-minded fans' arses. We want thought provoking intelligent debate, not a wank fest.

I would counter by saying the topic wosi is trying to illustrate, by using Nakamoto's own words, is bang on the money in actual fact.

The story is about Stoner testing and Honda getting feed back to improve their bike.

I'm saying..given the evidence that Stoner took the Ducati backwards and turned it into a bike nobody else could ride, even at the expense of his results, what's the fkin point?

At Honda it looked a similar story and Nakamoto says as much.

We know the chatter has stopped and Pedrosa's impressive run of results on the 2013 bike. We know the satellite riders didn't have those issues on the same bike as Casey, yet they preferred the new chassis too. 

It seems that Stoners feedback and the way he wants a bike, is at odds to the majority..a bit like most of his opinions.

Now..if you accept the above - and I accept it's clear most of you blinkered soft cocks don't - the question has to be asked..

"Why bother getting Stoner to test so he can fuck the bike up."..a bike that is already doing very nicely thank you.?

IMO..this little series of tests is more about HRC giving him the chance to see how he feels about riding a bike again. To dip his toe back in away from pressure, and to talk about the future.

There are two separate issues which orange bumboys struggle to distinguish between. Riding a bike and setting the bastard up if you like, a more technical task. 

Just because you excel in one area, doesn't mean you do in the other..although obviously it helps.

Honda aren't interested in Stoner's development skills..they suck and Nakamoto knows it.

They are however, very interested in his ability to ride the shit out of anything, despite negative technical issues, and achieve results. It's the very reason they hired him for 2011..and to be fair, he delivered. 

The RCV is a very good bike these days and now they've ironed out problems that affected it in the debut 1000cc season, which may have cost Stoner the title in his mind, Honda want him to try the improved machine and will hope he's impressed. 

They are hoping it will re-ignite some desire and, they can team Stoner with Marquez while letting the under-achieving Pedrosa retire.

So..after joining the dots for you dolts, I'm hoping you can now see the big picture.

Stop banging on all hurt, about thread topic and how HRC getting Stoner to test proves he can develop a bike. It doesn't and is not what this is all about.

The big question is..has Casey got the balls to admit to himself he ain't the best in every single area that adds up to winning titles?

If he can drop the chip off his shoulder and stop telling everyone how upset he is, put his trust in HRC to deliver a package, concentrate on just riding the bike - an area in which he has few peers - and start to enjoy himself..we may not have seen the last of Casey Joel Stoner.

'Joel' ??

Shouldn't that be 'Joey' ??

Hahaha..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

yeah yeah yeah Wosi (to paraphrase Kimi Raikkonen)

so you repeat the only vaguely negative thing Nakomoto has ever said concerning Stoner ad nauseum, even containing as it does yet further recognition of Stoner's ability, whilst ignoring the direct quote from him in the topic header about the quality of Stoner's feedback, and the quotes posted by others from Rossi himself  concerning his inability to do anything with the Ducati and Stoner being correct about the mid 2012 season tyres. There was also that period of bitter self-recrimination by Nakomoto when Stoner decided to retire, to the extent where I suspect sharp objects, particularly swords, needed to be kept away from him for a time.

I actually don't know or particularly care whether Stoner can develop bikes or not, and am not sure what contribution a rider can make under the current formula anyway, but all indications (ie lap times) were that the original 2012 bike before the late weight and tyre changes was a rather good thing, as Stoner has said.

The ad hominem against Stoner, although less in evidence in this recent post, is a given, it was your ad hominem against other posters to which I referred, not that it worries me personally when directed at me.   

Reply to this Topic
Farnarkle

Jan 13

Farnarkle says:

Ah, DF, you miss the point

Good ol' Wosi is in fact just being the complete Stoner fan, by satirising the spurious arguments and regurgitating the nonesencical and often false statistics fo the typical 'blinded by the light' Rossi fanboi.

It's obvious to anybody with an intellectual quotient exceeding their age in years that Wosi's statements have the validity of  those of a politician caught raping a chicken - and that is exactly where his target audience has their attention-span. Sad little people, trying to establish some sort of raison d'etre by their hatred of Stoner.  Sadder still, they probably try to pull members of the opposite sex (or frogs, quite possibly) by their avowed adherence to a mutilated paradigm.  They believe that by continuously chanting a mantra they can change the shape of the horizon and convince the populace that the world is truly flat 

Let's not be unreasonable here - these people have the consciousness of worms and the real horixon is beyond their capability to comprehend.  Don't blame them or rage for intelligence - they are merely a stain on the underpants of the real world. 

Stoner's record and his achievements will stand for themselves.  He is a legend in motoGp and for Ducati at least, a God that bought to them success so far beyond anything achieved by any other rider that they can only walk the corridor of the pictures of his success on their machine and pray that the failure of other far lesser mortals will not bring their products into disrepute. HRC can validate their participation in motoGp in the era of the 800s only from Stoner.

Wosi is one sad little mouse-fart into the universe.  Still - and to be fair - he is amongst the leaders of the pack of what - 10 or so? - people in the universe who try to bring Stoner's record down. Most of the rest are incoherent imbeciles - and that is being gracious.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bullshit Baffles Brains eh Farnarkle. If the forum is such a drudge why bother ? Your pseudo-intellectual post baffles nobody.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Hey Wosi, can the words "intelligent debate"

..and "orange bumboys" actually work together in an intellectual discussion?...

Just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Yes mystery

Any argument I have ever made is undone by my inability to spell in Japanese. I admit to being only able to spell in English (quite well) and French (passably well).

I will make a note to myself to  hand back my First Class Honours degree and withdraw my 50 publications in the English language on Monday.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

it is obviously not mysterious

at all that you would join the carping Benny. What on earth do you think I am bitter about, btw? I certainly have none concerning my spelling ability or lack thereof, or people misspelling my name, which has happened to me all my life.

In the unlikely event Mr Nakamoto follows the forum I apologise to him for not spelling his name correctly whilst defending him from having it taken in vain.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

mostly of Irish ancestry

actually Benny, hence my surname being one of those easily misspelled by one letter, to which I take no offence myself and hence consider of little consequence in general.

Do you actually have anything to say, now that you have burst back onto the forum in splendour, btw?

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

That

Wales needs to enlist the English, Scots and Irish to beat a team from 2 states of  Australia, going by the last 8 or so Rugby tests Wales on their own have played against Australia anyway. How many Rugby world cups have you guys won btw?

Actually the Lions tour seems to have re-invigorated interest in rugby in Australia about which I have been concerned, and "your" victory also ensures the survival of British and Irish Lions tours, a wonderful tradition I would not like to see die.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

I see almost no circumstance

where Stoner would wildcard at PI this year, or where Honda would even want him to, other than both one of their riders being injured and the championship already being decided, neither of which I would wish for.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices