Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith: Pol Espargaro just another teammate MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith: Pol Espargaro just another teammate

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith: Pol Espargaro just another teammate

Bradley Smith says new Monster Yamaha Tech 3 teammate Pol Espargaro is just another rider he has to beat to safeguard his own MotoGP future beyond next season. Current Moto2 world championship contender Espargaro will partner Oxfordshire rider Smith next season after the Tech 3 line-up was finalised following Cal Crutchlow’s decision to complete a two-year deal with Ducati’s factory squad. Smith...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 351 days ago (07 August 2013 13:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

YES

at the end of 2014 to hopefully move onto bigger and better things.” YESYESYES please go!! Go to Ducati please!!  we have seen amazing stuff from you and you deserve the Ducati!!!

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

Something he must do in 2014

Beat Pol Espargaro. He can take as long as he likes to learn the ways of the MotoGP bike this year as long as he's ready to start challenging the higher positions come next year, and he must beat P. Espargaro, otherwise he may struggle to find a competitive ride for 2015.

Reply to this Topic
Chish2

Aug 13

Chish2 says:

yzm1

So you can do better than Bradley?  yeah right!

The guy is in his rookie year and showing he is able to learn quickly and improve. He also has guts riding with a busted wrist. He is overshadowed by Marquez because he is banging in some superb results on a factory Honda but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be where he is in a satellite team. So what has Espargaro done to justify coming in as a Factory rider on a factory bike in Tech3? If you go by results then it should be Redding. And why did Yamaha go after Espargaro in the first place when Cal was beating factory Yamahas? Please do enlighten us as you seem to know it all ...

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

First race of 2014

True. At the end of the day it is about results relative to the type of machinery ridden. But I give Pol a few races max before he starts to beat BS. In fact I'd be a little surprised if Pol isn't ahead of BS at the first race of 2014.  Pol after all did rather well to challenge MM in 2012 given he was challenging a Repsol squad which more than likely had more info on the Honda engine than any other team. Not to mention the massive amount of private testing that the Repsol moto2 team conducted under MM.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Espargaro is no Marquez

His moto2 season isn't over yet either,Better men have failed on a Yamaha than Pol in there first season,Redding is easily as deserving ,The pressure will be on him from day one as well can he deal with it ?? We will see

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

No, I'm going to save judgement of Bradley until next year and see who is beating who on the M1.

Reply to this Topic
AussieInSUI

Mar 13

AussieInSUI says:

results?

What has Bradley done to deserve the tach3 spot? A total of 3 GP wins. All three comming after Bradley had raced moto3 for 3 years. So in the 4th season 2 wins and the 5th season 1(but to be fair to BS also a lot of podiums too). But hailing from the UK is not enough. Obviousely tech3 can see talent in Smith. Perhaps it is just a matter of time. Personaly I think moto2 or CRT is where Smith belongs.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

The carrot will be dangling!

And for Bradley that's carrots pol! He's defiantly got incentive next year, hopefully he'll surprise, not just next year but towards the end of this year, confidence will grow as his injury repairs barring he doesn't chuck it bad and I hope we'll see him mixing it with Bautista, the dukes and Bradl regularly towards last few races, he isn't Marquez who's unreal but could b better than pol still by end of 2014, I hope so, Bradley's a good lad who's got his shot, deserved or not he's having a pretty good rookie year! 

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

I must say, i reckon Tech3 has a mediocre rider lineup at best. But the rider battle within the team might be quite interesting in 2014. Bradley was on a shite bike in Moto2, and is improving in MotoGp. Pol is really good in Moto2 on a good bike, but who knows what he can do on a MotoGp bike? I still reckon the current top 3 in moto3 are all more talented than the 2014 Tech3 guys. Especially Alex Rins! Fastest rider in Moto3, and quite a tall lad or at least it looks that way on the telly. Bigger and faster bikes would suit Rins IMO. His racecraft is poor, but that is the 1 point at wich he can get better. On topic, Braddaz and Pol could be evenly matched? But i don't see them getting regular podiums.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

?

And why did Yamaha go after Espargaro in the first place when Cal was beating factory Yamahas? Please do enlighten us as you seem to know it all ...

Yamaha wanted to keep Cal. But Cal wants to leave him self. in 2012 he wanted to leave Yamaha. its because of Yamaha he could ride in 2013. it was Cal's own choice to leave yamaha and take on that non performing red bike! they didn't contract Pol to ditch Cal. And Pol was on MM tail all season long and mm was on the cheating bike. So...... thats why i quess. Cal vows not to wreck tech3 or yamaha because he can't. Yamaha could if they wanted have pol this year and Cal would be without a ride in MotoGP.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices