Skip to content

Discuss This Honda eager to see Jonathan Rea in MotoGP in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda eager to see Jonathan Rea in MotoGP in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda eager to see Jonathan Rea in MotoGP in 2014

Honda is trying to reward Jonathan Rea’s unwavering loyalty to the Japanese factory by helping the British rider secure a MotoGP switch in 2014. The current Ten Kate Honda rider attended the recent German round at Sachsenring to explore potential options for next season. And HRC confirmed during the last MotoGP round in Laguna Seca that it is endorsing the 26-year-old when...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 338 days ago (08 August 2013 11:29)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Jonny Rea

I dont think Rea is in Crutchlows league tbh , and I doubt HRC would supply him with a factory bike , but by sticking with the Dinoblade (My Gixxer is older tho) he's certainly showed hes a Honda Rider . Maybe there'll be a couple fo different stages of  Customer RCV? , anyone remember Loris Capirossi and the RS250?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Poor old Jonny Rea

Slaving away for years on a bike which was constantly promised to improve, but always remained a step behind. A list of his team mates during this time and their collective decidedly lacklustre performances in comparison show how well Jonny's pedalled the blunt 'blade.

I've always been a fan of young Mr. Rea's. Yet once he got Stoners RCV under him last year he appeared somewhat cowed by the GP machine. Too nervous to perform perhaps?

But yeah Jonny deserves a B spec RCV. Just the right environment for someone like him to show us what he can do with a season of a GP machine beneath him. When Rea rides loose and is on it he's a joy to watch.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

It's about time Honda started blowing smoke up his ass,the Japanese talk about loyality and look where it gets you busting a gut on a second rate Superbike they should be ashamed hopefully they will right some of the wrongs they have done to him with a GP bike.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Think reddings in for a baptism of fire!

If Scott and Jonny are on equal machinery next year then Scotty will need his A game, if he struggles with pol now and again Jonnys gonna chew him up and spit him out, Reas got incredible race craft and bravery, rate him very highly!

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

for JR

this is whats best. another year in sbk wont do it for him. he's been struggling to long with that blade, blade? maybe butterknife but thats no blade!!! for JR i hope he wil get a better knife to fight with. if honda dont do it he should go to kawasaki.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

good job

What people have got to remember when Rea rode Stoners bike it was only for a couple of races, His main priority was WSB. He him self said he didnt want to fall of it and even though he wasnt pushing it he still finished 7th and when Stoner was riding it he wasnt many  winning races either. I think that if he had been a full works rider given a few races to get used to the tyres and bike we might have seen him win the odd race. top rider top bloke    

Reply to this Topic
colvill1

May 09

colvill1 says:

Rea better then crutchlow and would spit redding out.Jesus what plant are you people on 

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Huggydave/ not in a month of sundays

Being polite your talking out your sphincter,I like Rea but to be fair his ability to stay bubble up is er....not great however he is at present not on the best machine by any means but is a bit erratic however He is loyal to Honda but spit Scott Redding out ,dont think so chap Redding is on a steep learning curve but has been at the pointed end of moto gp racing for a couple of seasons ,I would swap his cv for Rea's any day oh and his age !

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Butter knife blade - well said

Of course Jonny is a bit inconsistent and erratic, he is putting "the butter knife" blade places it has no right to be. HRC know the score. The old blade is a thing of beauty, I have one myself, but it can't compete with some of those MotoGP derived bikes on the WSB grid.    

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Jeeze there's some tosh on here!! Rea has been riding that shed of a Honda for years,he then gets drafted into Moto GP with the words ringing in his ears 'DO NOT FALL OFF' how good is he?? who knows!! when was the last time he rode a competitive bike with no strings??  the Japanese need to fall on their swords they owe this kid he's wasted enough of his career on Honda.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices