Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014

Ben Spies fully intends to be back racing a factory-backed Ducati Desmosedici in 2014 after laughing off rumours that he will retire or quit and return to World Superbikes. The Texan will end 10 months of injury hell in Indianapolis next week when he makes his latest attempt to return from a severe right shoulder injury he first suffered last October...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 August 2013 10:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

''This 10 month break I took to get me back to 100% was the smartest thing to do ''

--------------------------

Really Ben ? - Jorge and Dani must be dickheads then.  You'd better get up to speed pretty damn quick man.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Lucky them

that is all

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

what a joke...

...a nice long break while he collects a big fat cheque for the year . Forgot this guy is even in Motogp...

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Dont bother

Is my guess as to what they think,With the shortage of  rides as it is this is a joke ,there are people out there who would give there gran away for that ride ,old sick note should do the decent thing

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Spies

is going nowhere, like the rest of the Ducati boys, watch out for the CRT's Ben.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Spies has just shot his career away I guess he will have some good company next year and beyond when he is locked in battles with CRTs and the works Ducati riders assuming Audi actaully have the bike sorted out.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

If I was Ducati

I think I'd be getting my lawyers to explore a breach of contract. For Spies to need to take 10 months off to recover from an injury, he must have known before the season began that he wasn't anywhere near fit enough to race a Motogp bike. Essentially he's had a nice long vacation at Ducati's expense.

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

Hmm....

Makes you think how any outfit in todays economical crisis can afford to drag someone along for 10 months without getting anything back. Nicky is busting his ass to make Ducati succeed, where Ben is kicking back selling his burgers back in the states, saying "Oh well, I am injured" where young more enthusiastic talents want his seat, Ducati management got to wake up and hire yesterdays news.

Don't really think Ben cares much about Ducati, verses his paycheck, what an insult to Ducati. I think I will just sell mine and go with a brand that wants to move forward.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

You are right SM, but not only that, why isn't he being slated. You can bet your your ass that if a certain ex-Ducati rider had that time off, these pages would be full of it all day, month, year, long.

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

The mans a feckin oxygen thief!!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool