Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies committed to MotoGP and Ducati for 2014

Ben Spies fully intends to be back racing a factory-backed Ducati Desmosedici in 2014 after laughing off rumours that he will retire or quit and return to World Superbikes. The Texan will end 10 months of injury hell in Indianapolis next week when he makes his latest attempt to return from a severe right shoulder injury he first suffered last October...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 255 days ago (09 August 2013 10:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

gytr

yes i dont like being right about everything but just look at the stats form the last 2 seasons,even on the factory m1 he was riding poorly compared to dovi and cal,but somewhere along the line he lost his head regardless to bad luck,kinda what happend to jt and many others to date,lost the edge maybe? these guys do a great job risking thier lives without a doubt,but we do respect that(well most do), guess thats what majkes me love bike racing itself and the things surrounding it,just came back from a stag weekend and 4 wheels are fun, but 2 wheels are just in a different league of skill.

i hope spies does get his mojo back but the train is leaving station and he needs to start running again,fast!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ok CHB

I get it !!!! HaHa !    In any case Gold outweighs Silver and Bronze !  

Who was the last GP rider out for 6 months I can't remember but I guess you can !

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I think it comes down when Jarvis said he expected more of Spies in 2012 or his ride will be taken. 2011 he had good fight in him but got outperformed by his team-mate and Dovi. Last year was the lowest point in his whole career it was like he was cursed when there was a chance of getting a good result to boost confidence it just went you wouldn't want to be riding when you;re sick and feeling dizzy would you. I also happen to think he was mis managed by Yamaha when he said a senior employee said we've invested a lot of money in you and then said we've lost confidence in you yeah he was doing bad but never say that sort of thing in front of a riders face.

Reply to this Topic
gixxersixxerman

Mar 12

I hope he turns it around.. Sucks he is on the crap duc.. I know this is about to change fast, as spies can't do crap this year but

Ben 1 win, 6 podiums, 1 pole 1 fastest lap

Cal  0win, 6 podiums, 1 pole, 1 fastest lap

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

don't ever blame Yamaha for the 2012 demise of Spies' season when he was on a full factory bike.  his demise was his own downfall - look at the number of times that he binned the bike in practice and quali that put him on the back foot for the race.  i just don't buy the 'bad' luk argument.

i also don't doubt that he's recovering from a serious injury, but the GP paddock is not known for patience and 'tea and sympathy' - there's a crop of Moto 2 riders that would gladly take the Pramac ride in 2014 should Spies not somehow have a miracle second half of this year.  if he can't produce consistently good point scoring finishes (and i haven't seen any evidence that's likely to happen), and outperform his rookie team-mate, he's toast.

Reply to this Topic
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

His bloody swingarm fell off, and yamaha left a tool attached to his brake pipe, I think I do dare to partially blame yamaha!! 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yeah it was his downfall but some of the things what happened like the swing arm snapping or the brakes getting overheating after one lap has that ever seen before in bike racing curious to know ?

Reply to this Topic
carcleanerboy

Jul 10

He finished the first NINE races last year and was doing fuck all. the bad luck myth is total bollocks.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Doesn't matter how well Ben performed in 2012...

He was out of the door as soon as the VR46 cash-cow went grovelling to Yamaha for his seat back.  

Lin Jarvis making out that Ben was under-performing was just a smokescreen to make it easier for Vale to scuttle back to Yamaha... 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CHBenny

who was the last GP racer to take a 6 month injury sabbatical ?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle