Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati keen to see Nicky Hayden in WSB MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati keen to see Nicky Hayden in WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ducati keen to see Nicky Hayden in WSB

Ducati doesn’t want to cut axed MotoGP rider Nicky Hayden completely off its payroll in 2014 and will try and tempt the American to ride a Panigale in World Superbikes. The 2006 world champion has not had his factory MotoGP contract renewed for a sixth season, but there is still serious interest in his services with a range of WSB and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (09 August 2013 10:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Maybe Hayden could be the test rider for Suzuki in 2014 with a few wild card rides. It's hardto say if Nicky is a good bike developer, cause let's face it. Ducati doesn't really listen to anyone do they. There is nothing wrong with Haydens work ethic. Hard work in 2014 and factory rider in 2015 should be good for both Nicky and Suzuki IMO. Hayden is not an Allien but close enough to deserve a decent GP bike.

Reply to this Topic
ichabod

Jan 09

ichabod says:

Nicky

He was fast on a Honda, so if he decides to go to WSB, he should pick any Japanese brand and leave that lame Duc to someone else......

Racing should be fun for him again and not a constant struggle......what is the point?

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Spies & Hayden

I say Ducati should get spies and Hayden into wsbk on the pani watchacallit

Reply to this Topic
jonnyrocket

Mar 09

jonnyrocket says:

Americans...

need to be in WSB period, Hayden and Spies would make great additions and reignite the americans interest in the series and then hopefully the SPEED channel may start its coverage again?

Reply to this Topic
Chish2

Aug 13

Chish2 says:

sheene fan7

I meant that after his World Championship he was gone in 2 years as you say. And I was also comparing with how Pedrosa has become the journey man and yet no red card from Honda. Yet.

But it all comes down to Yamaha and their rush to sign Espargaro in May, which put Cal out of work for 2014 (given Bradley had a deal with Tech3 for 2014) and the dominoes started to be shuffled. I bet Cal's management were on to Ducati the same day they learned what Yamaha had done. Ducati saw an opportunity and Haydon was on his way. No one will convince me Cal would have moved from Yamaha if they had given him the contract they gave Espargaro in May and promised a factory bike and ride. Its all he wanted, had produced the results and they offered it to someone else! Madness.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

hmm

Nice insult to Hayden.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Hayden was never rated by Honda management even after his 2006 championship. He was told straight after he would be number two to the newly signed Pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Well...

Nicky 1, Pedrosa (for whom Honda bent over backwards) 0.

Ducati:  not so easy to ride; will be competitive in 2 years minimum I think.  After all, Honda and Yamaha aren't standing still.

WSBK on a Ducati:  might be fun, even though it's somewhat of a slap in the face; they want to sell bikes in the USA.  Is this a better choice than a CRT ride?  I think so.

Would like to see him on a Suzuki in 2015, if that's all there is.  I think this he is a better choice than Randy De Crash-A-Lot. 

If Spies retires from Ducati after 2014, would his bike (or perhaps Iononne's) be available?

Another interesting question is whether Yamaha will re-sign VR after 2014.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

hayden

with the new rules next year for wsb the duc may have a chance! with the cost cap the good bikes will all have 600 in them.

Reply to this Topic
Revilo612

Jul 13

Revilo612 says:

I'd like to see Hayden in SBK

It would be nice to see him continue with Ducati and ride the Panigale, because it's not a bad bike, Eddi La Marra, Niccolo Canepa, Ivan Goi and Tristan Palmer have proved this, I just don't think Checa and Badovini are aggressive enough, so maybe if Hayden rode it, he could lead Ducati back to success. Although, there is a strong rumour he will be riding for Forward Racing on a FTR Yamaha, maybe alongside Colin Edwards, I can't see Honda wanting him to ride their new production bike, as they have their eyes on Jonathan Rea and have possibly already signed Scott Redding, so one of these two options are probably the best bets. Or maybe he will sign for Suzuki, but I can't see that happening either.  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices