Skip to content

Discuss This New MCN August 14th: Forza Italia! General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > New MCN August 14th: Forza Italia!

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

New MCN August 14th: Forza Italia!

In this week's MCN paper, available in newsagents, on iPad and Android from August 14th: - Forza Italia!: An Italian special on bikes that changed the world- Plus: Agostini interviewed by John McGuinness- MotoGP: Stoner back in action on an RCV- BSB: Shakey takes his 50th win- Sporty 125 buying guide All available in print at your local newsagent, or on iPad...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 335 days ago (13 August 2013 11:28)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
topendz

Nov 06

topendz says:

Series 1 Laverda Jota

For me it all started at around 12 listening to the roar of a series 1 Laverda Jota 180 coming down my street.  The rider, my brothers friend, was just a legend to me and I still remember his name to this day, Peter Baron. I thought he was a god on this incredible machine. I own two Ducati motorcycles myself these days but still dream of owning a Jota myself. However getting one over here in Canada is extremely rare and costly. To me the Laverda was the ultimate iTALIAN muscle superbike in its day!

Reply to this Topic
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Guzzi

As a young lad, and after three years of riding (only) Japs, I rode my first Italian bike in the late 70's, a MkII Le Mans. In giving it some squirt, It took me to the white lines, dropping down with heavy engine breaking it took me to the gutter. This wasn't bad riding, it was raw torque!

Once mastered, it became an utter joy to ride. 

That day, I was converted to the 'V Twin', and to Italian bikes per se. 

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Fastback

Yep, I chose Italian V Twins over Jap fours in the 70's and have yet to try a four that dosen't leave me cold.

Reply to this Topic
jekyllandhyde

Apr 10

no foreign access =(

i was so excited when I saw the Android version. Then, I found out that it is not possible in Spain =

Reply to this Topic
mobit

Jun 07

mobit says:

Yet Again MCN Overlook The 851

Bikes that changed the world 1980's = Bimota DB1 !!! Wot Bimota took a 750 aircooled Duke and put some fibreglass body on it for an exorbitant price. sold less than 700. THE Italian bike of the 80's and early 90's HAS TO BE the 851. Four valve heads, water cooled, fuel injected, sexy as fcuk once they replaced the 16 inch wheel with a 17. And when you really compare it, it was the nearest thing to a real race rep until Yam brought out the R7. I owned a series 3 in the early 90's (white frame, shortened sidepanels - like an 888 but without the crappy gold superbike stickers) and it was sublime - like a bulldog, and for my money better looking than a 916, which of course only existed because of the 851.

Reply to this Topic
kfisher33

Aug 13

kfisher33 says:

my best friend's aunt makes $66/hr on the computer. She has been without work for 10 months but last month her pay was $18406 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this site....WWW.ℛush64.COℳ

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices