Skip to content

Discuss This Virgin customers to get MotoGP MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Virgin customers to get MotoGP

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Virgin customers to get MotoGP

Good news was announced today for British MotoGP fans using Virgin's TV services, with an agreement signed between them and BT Sport that will see MotoGP available on Virgin's services for the 2014 season. The three year deal will give users on their most expensive XL package free access to BT Sport 1, 2 and ESPN as well as offering it...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 342 days ago (15 August 2013 17:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Yes!

I knew my personal indifference toward BT would bear fruit eventually

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

It still begs the question

How many of those 5 million will be interested in MotoGP - not many - as I would suggest that the vast majority will only tune in to football. That's where they will make their millions. For BT, MotoGP is just a bit of froth on their coffee. Do BT and Virgin think that viewers will desert Sky in droves for MotoGP - not on your Nelly but they might for the football.

Reply to this Topic
Bonly1

Aug 02

Bonly1 says:

I'm a Virgin

customer and have got XL TV.

HAPPY DAYS!!!   :)

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

'Saturn' sums it up.

The bottom line is there will be less viewers than last season. That's not really the best outcome for any minority sport.

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

yeah bit pissed off about this just took out 18months sky contract and with the extra package so I could watch it on erurosport and now it wont be on there no more - so yes I will be deserting sky for bt at the end of my contract

anyway fck that whens the next :)

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Nice one

I'm on the old virgin package and had been thinking about binning it ,Branson has saved this customer for certain ,a hundred quid a month for phone tv and broadband was starting to jar me off ,I just hope the mad welshman benny binbanned doesnt have it or better still they cut his benefits and his broadband off ha ha

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Yeah and I hope there is a change of the commentary team too.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

This all started with Kerry Packer, the bastard, now we all have to pay through the nose for what we used to recieve as a public broadcasters right. Boycott all subscription tv and sport will return to the Beeb and ITV.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

It's an ill wind

That blows nobody any good.    Good on you if you've got BT or Virgin but overall there will be more losers than winners. Shame !!

Vmax4steve  - Boycotts while in theory are good never actually work because when push comes to shove most just cough-up (medical joke) and the boycott fails. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

If Marc Watson of BT Sport was really interested in getting his channel available to huge viewers then why on earth encrypt the channel when it is already on channel 58 & 59 of every TV with a Freeview tuner in the UK?
Let’s be clear here, money is the priority not viewer availability. At least it opens the door for Motogp a bit with this deal, but certainly still has put the sport light years behind where it was on a free to air channel.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices