Skip to content

Discuss This Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Road closed to bikes only near Ace Café

A local council has banned just motorcycles using a road near the famous Ace Café in North London as part of a six-week trial following months of complaints about anti-social riding and racing on the road. Brent council has now banned motorcycles from Rainsford Road after a number of complaints about dangerous riding and large groups of bystanders. The ban has...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 2 years ago (20 August 2013 11:43)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Roll on the end of Stunt Monkey season.

Reply to this Topic
madproffesor

May 04

madproffesor says:

I think blocking the Queens Highway is an offence in itself, look at the issues around the Fracking sites in Sussex, maybe the Ace Cafe should open up an oil drilling site there and get the police to ensure that the roads are open to the 'Workers' arriving on there bikes!

Reply to this Topic
weasel64

Mar 07

weasel64 says:

dont

give a rats ass , I don't go down to londonistan anyway it's a sh1thole !!!!

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I think

that if you decided that Novas are usually driven by chavs and like morons and banned them from a road you'd have an outcry. It's your right to liberty being violated in that you are stopped from entering an area. If I lived down that road I'd be screwed as I only have a bike for transport. What would they do then? NO BIKES! (Except this one).

It's also discrimination as it's targeting someone because of their association with property. You own a bike therefore you can't go down here.

Enforcement of this ban is going to cost just as much, if not more (as it's all day and night) as it would cost to police the damn thing properly. You'd need CCTV and an operator to go through and pick out numberplates for violations.

Why not do just that? Film the buggers and section 59 the lot. If they do it again then they lose their bikes. Simple. I'm sorry but I'm a sensible, safe rider and I take absolute exception to this crap just because I happen to favour one form of transport. In court this simple wouldn't stand up at all.

The worst part is they know where they're doing it, what time of day they're doing it and can count on the residents to let them know they're doing it. Send an undercover car down with a camera and just catch them all in the act. It's simple, effective and easily dealt with.

Once the section 59 lands on the doorstep they'll stop and if they're caught doing anything antisocial with their bikes again within a year they lose them. That's what the fucking legislation is there for - for the 1% of tossers who own vehicles and use them like wankers. Banning an entire section of society from an area is what they do in fucking police states, not in a supposedly democratic country where we have the rule of law.

I pay my taxes for the enforcement of the law, not so they can ban me from certain areas because a few tossers who happen to own something similar to me aren't being prosecuted. It's fucking outrageous.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

back in the 90's

they where trying to do that here alot in some parks. also at the Rock Store in So Cal they just upped police patrol and slowed it right down.

Reply to this Topic
firkit

Apr 05

firkit says:

Twats

Vicitimastion jumps to mind 

if u were black or female or gay u could claim it so why should we not as bikers ?

Reply to this Topic
pippawilky

Nov 10

pippawilky says:

what about the Arabs in the supercars in Park Lane and Knightsbridge, maybe they will close the roads there. I think not, different set of rules for the rich.

Reply to this Topic
pippawilky

Nov 10

pippawilky says:

Why not have a mass bike protest and block some prime roads in London, if the council can do it so can we?

Reply to this Topic
triday12

Jun 06

triday12 says:

What is there were compliants about drug dealing, and by coincidence the people involved were one racial type, would the council then ban all similar types in that area ?????????

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

I'm not in favour of speed cameras but if the situation is as bad as they say, why don't they put a couple down this street and allow bikers down it. I also would like to know if this bike ban is legal. Come on MCN, you have legal advisers, let us know.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices