Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under

Spaniard Marc Marquez refused to be too downbeat after he saw his commanding MotoGP world championship lead slashed in half after a disastrous Phillip Island race.Marquez knew going into the Australian clash that if he scored eight points more than Yamaha rival Jorge Lorenzo, he would clinch a historic first premier class crown.A dramatic weekend though dominated by major Bridgestone...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 333 days ago (21 October 2013 09:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Baaa..

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

It's of little consequence to Marquez anyway...

...with the skills he's shown us this year, he can afford to be upbeat about the situatiuon. He took a gamble, got punted out of the way and was then shown the red card...

That's all gist for the mill for someone like him...he'll come back and toast them all in Japan!..

Reply to this Topic
DoubtingThomas

Apr 13

Payback

IMO he bumped MM on purpose with the red mist down.

That was exactly my thought at the time. A little payback for Jerez. If Jorge's admitting 50-50, you can bet it was more than that.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Wosi, it wouldn't matter if he looked over his shoulder 50 times, he still cut into the racing line of one of the fastest corners on the calendar.

Do you think the insurance company would care if you proved you looked twice before taking right of way of my Gran and still wiped her out? Get real.

Don't know how you blokes can seriously argue Marquez' case in this situation, it's not funny anymore. MCN should care less about nasty swear words and concentrate on kicking dumbasses off instead. I can feel my IQ plummeting when I even think of logging in here lately, sought of makes me know how it feels to be you Wosi.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Like I say Bob..funny how all the Stoner fans have got the hump about MM.

Looking at Casey's face on Sunday in the pits..I reckon he's regretting the decision to walk, setting fire to Carmelo's Bridge as the door smacked him on the arse.

No wonder you're crying into that pish weak Fosters pal.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Wosi I can assure you......

that having ridden the track many times I would not have been within 5 metres of the apex if I were in Marquez shoes, this is not some puffs track like cadwell park where you are rarely out of 2nd gear, this is the fastest track on the motogp calendar where you not only need big balls to go fast but a solid sense of self preservation to stay alive. I know an individual who chooses such a utilitarian mode of 2 wheel transport as yourself may struggle with this concept but I am just sharing the wisdom gained from experience.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

This is from the rules direct from Moto gp website

Blue Flag

Shown waved at the flag marshal post, this flag indicates to a rider that he is about to be overtaken and he must allow the rider(s) following him to pass him at the earliest opportunity. During the practice sessions, the rider concerned must keep his line and slow down gradually to allow the faster rider to pass him. During the race, the rider concerned is about to be lapped. Also, this flag is shown to a rider leaving the pit lane if traffic is approaching on the track.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

no flags were waved

because he should not have left pitlane and I just saw a video where his team are saying or gesturing to turn his number 2 bike off as he has gone past and not pitted on lap 10. 

Reply to this Topic
revbenjamin

Oct 13

revbenjamin says:

Oh Dear

Jesus Christ  what bunch of litte girls >>>> squabbling  scratching and biting like a lot of little bitches.

Listen up >>>> **** happens     get over it.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Fair enough Alex

Yes I was wondering what the Gabbarini throat cutting gesture was all about. He seemed to know the game was up straight away. Was he not part of the inner four of strategy planning perhaps? Or was it a MM mistake? MM was officially in the race though right up to the point where the black flag was shown. This is why the Pedro second place position was allowed to stand. Seems Uncle Carmelo doesn't pay as much attention to old nr.6 now he has a new favoured nephew.

Marquez had a terrible last lap on his chunking tyre. He would've known he was unlikely to come onto track in front of Lorenzo and tried to cut his line to hardball JL. JL though was more than up to it, carrying more momentum and crucially inertia. The odds were always on JL coming out the winner in that wee stoush. A bad fight to pick by MM this time.

That said I think CHR summed it up nicely below though.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices