Skip to content

Discuss This Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Marc Marquez remains upbeat after disaster Down Under

Spaniard Marc Marquez refused to be too downbeat after he saw his commanding MotoGP world championship lead slashed in half after a disastrous Phillip Island race.Marquez knew going into the Australian clash that if he scored eight points more than Yamaha rival Jorge Lorenzo, he would clinch a historic first premier class crown.A dramatic weekend though dominated by major Bridgestone...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 303 days ago (21 October 2013 09:46)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bob, Bob, Bob

''I can feel my IQ plummeting when I even think of logging in here lately, sought of makes me know how it feels to be you Wosi.''

--------------------------------------

You have an IQ ???  -  BTW The word you were looking for is 'sort'

Your remarks kind of remind me of a non-pc joke

Q.  What do you call 30 Australians standing in a field ?

A.  A vacant lot !

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

HurdyFurdy

Topsy turvy. That's one of the best bedwetter excuses to date for Nr.6.

doesnt want to finish in a wheelchair and who can blame him.

So why's he bothering at all? Do you think he likes 4th place? Why'd he take out Bautista at Mugello and potentially put himself in a wheelchair?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Have I gone back in time

is it July or just the same abuse? Spot on hurdy, unless the proddie bikes make a difference.

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Viewership

Here in California we now must watch MotoGP on Fox Sports I think it is.  The last few Moto2 and Moto3 have not been in HD, for some reason.  But lets face it, Moto2 is great to watch more often than the full race of MotoGP, and the last 4 laps of Moto3 are highly entertaining as you usually have a pack of 7 fighting for the podium and drafting/carrying speed is all they've got.

Most MotoGP races have a significant amount of boredom to them.  At least PI had some drama -- and the Lorenzo/MM touch was a calculated "kiss" and there's not much more to say about that.

With so much attention to detail given on every aspect of the race, before one gets on the bike the rider has to be told, "do not begin lap 11 unless you are on bike #2."  It is not rocket science.  Nor is switching a bike during the race.  I mean, compare it to the pits in a F1 race.  Now that's drama.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Call me old fashioned but I reckon most of us prefer the race track to be the focus of where the action happens - not in the pit lane.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Why Australia?

I can think of three reasons - doohan, gardner, and stoner 

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

It's only my opinion.  The Honda is currently the best bike. Not by much by by enough at this level to make a difference. Looks like not much will change for 2014.  All the riders agree. I believe (again just my opinion) that Rossi rides the Yamaha right to the limit. Lorenzo rides it beyond the limit and knows he risks a huge career ending crash but (at the minute) is willing to do so to win the WC.  MM has a slightly better bike than JL and takes huge risks so is nearly impossible to beat. MOTOGP s a risky sport but the riders know the difference between acceptable risk and stupidity.

Rossi rode the Ducati to its limit but wasn't prepared to go to stupidity level for 6th place.  He was part of the Simoncelli fatal crash and has seen his friend die trying to save a crash rather than let the bike go because his boss told him off earlier for wrecking too many bikes.  Stoner would agree that the Ducati doesn't suit the new tyres and in his last year with Ducati he was way over the edge risk wise to win a race on it( but hadn't a hope of winning the WC again on the Duke).  Dovi & Hayden ride the Ducati to its limit now (typically 8th)

If Yamaha can't produce a bike as good as the Honda  pretty soon, JL is either going to quit taking it way beyond its limit and settle for 3rd behind the Hondas or sign for Repsol in 2015.  Rossi said he wants to enjoy MOTOGP and, if Yamaha are happy for him to push to the limit but no further, then that's what he should do.

If DP and JL swopped bikes, I believe 1st would be between JL and MM and Rossi would be 3rd every week.

See - you don't have to hate any rider to have an opinion.  I'm sure none of them care what we think anyway.

Reply to this Topic
dred0

Oct 09

dred0 says:

Mr Zimmerman..

I agree when compared to other facilities (sepang for example) it does seem a little dated but you know I like my motorcycle racing with a bit of an edge - a bit rough round the edges.. It's always been that way.. Hasn't it?

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Rob

Why go to Qatar when its plastered in sand?
Why bother with England its plastered in rain?
Why bother racing a Ducati or a CRT?
Just because

Australia deserves a race a year with far more justification than the 3 USA races they got but didn’t attend in the last couple of seasons. And the 4 Spanish rounds. Spain is economically bankrupt with crazy unemployment levels and debt. Surely if it wasn’t repsol and dorna’s back yard they would’nt go 4 times. The Spanish don’t have cash to buy bikes!
The Aussies have produced decent riders and crews and have multiple world champion pedigree and history with the sport.
It’s the only race in the whole continent.
PI is a superb track that the riders universally enjoy racing around.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rossi tried to ride the Duke to its limit

2011 and crashed his brains out. Then in 2012 he became so disinterested he crashed daydreaming.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices