Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi splits with crew chief Jerry Burgess MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi splits with crew chief Jerry Burgess

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi splits with crew chief Jerry Burgess

Valentino Rossi dropped a bombshell during the pre-event press conference for this weekend’s Valencia MotoGP clash in Spain by confirming he will split with legendary crew chief Jerry Burgess for 2014. Burgess was informed of Rossi’s decision to replace him in a meeting this morning, ending their long and successful relationship together. Burgess has worked with Rossi throughout his entire MotoGP career...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 266 days ago (07 November 2013 17:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

CHR..

Apparently..it wasn't mutual.

Jerry was contracted for next year but couldn't commit beyond then.

Rossi is looking at riding beyond 2014, but will make a decision after 6 or 7 races next year, so needs things as clear as possible from the start and preferred to get it over with now.

Valentino told Burgess of his decision face-to-face. There is no ill feeling.

Matt Birt's piece doesn't give this insight and on first reading it, I jumped to the conclusion Jerry was being dumped because of results, which although they've been disappointing from my point of view as a fan, haven't been that bad..certainly not bad enough to give Jerry - a legend himself and deserving of much respect - a swift kick in the knackers on the way to picking up his P45. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Jeremy

might be wondering, what he can give Valentino to remember him by, for their last race together on Sunday, maybe a dropped valve by lap 3, lol. Burgess was hot property before Vale came on the scene. Nicky and Jerry, now that might be good.  

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

CHR

Apparently it was mutual but you are quite correct in what you say but as usual we are not getting the full story!

Reply to this Topic
bolland27

Jun 09

bolland27 says:

Rossi/Burgess

The big difference is Rossi is past it ... Burgess isnt !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Was he pushed?…

..I think this is quite telling from Valentino.."In the last few races I’ve felt I wanted to work in a different way. It was a difficult choice to make. Yamaha had asked me some time ago, but I decided recently."

Why would Yamaha suggest this some time ago, unless of course they felt JB had outstayed his welcome? I think until Burgess himself comes out to put the record straight, this story will always have the potential to look somewhat murky and will run and run..

Let's hope the decision was by mutual consent, as it would be a shame to tarnish the reputation of such an outstanding partnership..

Reply to this Topic
bolland27

Jun 09

bolland27 says:

Burgess/Redding

How about Jerry Burgess linking up with Scott Redding !!!!!! Mouth watering combination.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

bellend27..

Now there's a surprise?

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Sort of blows away the theory...

...that Vale is quite happy to roll around in fourth place and his presence at yamaha is purely for marketing reasons?

Why part company with JB if he is quite happy to play second fiddle to Jorge and the honda boys?  No guarantee that it will work of course...

Reply to this Topic
Krapp

Apr 13

Krapp says:

Tennis players do it all the time. I'm not winning - you're fired.

Poor Rossi, desperate he is. Guess is painful for a winner to realize you can't win anymore. All this looks more and more like a desperate attempt, like those who go to the surgeon trying to fix their faces.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Change is the spice of life..

He wants to EARN another two year contract..

Why not shake it up and roll the dice..?

Rossi has done this throughout his career..some you win, some you lose.

A true maverick.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices