Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi splits with crew chief Jerry Burgess MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi splits with crew chief Jerry Burgess

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi splits with crew chief Jerry Burgess

Valentino Rossi dropped a bombshell during the pre-event press conference for this weekend’s Valencia MotoGP clash in Spain by confirming he will split with legendary crew chief Jerry Burgess for 2014. Burgess was informed of Rossi’s decision to replace him in a meeting this morning, ending their long and successful relationship together. Burgess has worked with Rossi throughout his entire MotoGP career...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 267 days ago (07 November 2013 17:21)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Laughable

He wants to EARN another two year contract..

Don't talk such bollocks and stop twisting words and making yourself look dumb. He said "Next year I have to earn a renewal with Yamaha, so I'll have to be competitive". He knows he HAS to earn it as another performance like this year won't get him another one.

That aside, who suggested he's been happy trolling around in 4th? The bloke is a multi title, many times race winner and that desire hasn't disappeared, it's as strong as ever.  I'd imagine he's spewing at this year's performance.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Shocking

I'm shocked at this. Burgess wanted to retire on top when Rossi went to Ducati, but he begged him to carry on saying he couldn't do it without him and wanted to see out his career with the legendary crew chief. Bet Burgess wishes he hadn't bothered staying on now. I'm a huge Rossi fan, as people know, but this is the act of a desperate man.    

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Spewing?

haha...

The game's up Bulto..

Close to losing it now..drowning in your own regurgitated shite. Not bright enough. 

wosi's inside your head..

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

spin

I have no respect at all for the spin on this. As has been said Burgess stuck with Rossi at Ducati because of the relationship he had with his rider. It has been clear over the last few years that it has been Rossi keeping Burgess in the sport. As a crew cheif he has been more loyal than anybody can expect. The spin seems to be that he has been given his marching papers. If the bond between Burgess and Rossi is half as strong as it is portrayed in the media I cannot believe that Burgess did not take at least part of this decision himself.  Whether he has been let go or simply not allowed to step down gracefully I feel Yamaha and Rossi have dealt him a huge slap in the face.

One thing I will say is this: If the man ever decides to release a memoir of his time in the motogp circus it will be top of my reading list. Jeremy never minced his words and he always knew his ****

Reply to this Topic
owldhairybiker

Mar 13

I have been a Rossi fan for many years now but I fear perhaps Jerry is up to the job still but Rossi is just not able to up his game enough to cope with Markz and his Kamikaze attitude and his sense of invulnerability. I would love to be proved wrong but only time will tell.

Reply to this Topic
clackarelli25

Nov 13

Burgess replacement

I'm guessing he'll make a move for Lorenzos chief. That way he can attack his rival and get in his head as well as give himself a better shot. Rossi is nothing if not ruthless as he proved when he had the pitwall up and wouldn't share data with then rookie Lorenzo whilst trying to get him fired. He is the joker but he carries a knife to stab your back.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

You're really not getting it are you Wosi

Fanboy
An extreme fan or follower of a particular medium or concept, whether it be sports, television, film directors, video games (the most common usage), etc.

Known for a complete lack of objectivity in relation to their preferred focus. Usually argue with circular logic that they refuse to acknowledge. Arguments or debates with such are usually futile. Every flaw is spun into semi-virtues and everything else, blown to comedic, complimentary proportions.

Known for using the phrase
"Object of affection = Best Ever"
However, while people only really say that as hyperbole, fanboys truly believe it.

Troll the internet to spread the gospel.

Insult/chastise others for using public forums to express an objective opinion, no matter how constructive or, respectful it may be. (Go ahead and admit that it's a good game/movie/etc). This fact and anything else will be promptly ignored in favor of cherry picking the negative, and beating you over the head with it.

Tend to resort to petty annoyance replies when backed against the wall. Usually grammar attacks and non-replies.

."drowning in your own regurgitated shite"

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

what a fuggin' joke

first it was the tires, then the machine, blame put on unfavorable tracks, the rivals bike is too fast, followed by the brakes and now the crew chief gets the boot, this muppet is getting his credibility shot again! all the excuses in the world on everything else but himself. He's been chasing his tail this whole season but he'd rather put the blame on the man that's been beside him most of his career (well except Uccio, lol) And what does Yamaha get outta this? they'll be having a confused relic riding one of two race winning bikes well beyond 2014 ..i bet burgess is glad to get off the sinking ship, probably tired of Flos excuses just like the rest of us .. hahaha...:laugh:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

I honestly didn't think Flo could get more desperate.

I wonder if he'll climb out of the cockpit before he nose dives his burning wreck of a career so deep into the countryside that even the 2 championships that he actually may have earned are also overshadowed by his efforts to avoid blame and make up for the talent shortfall he's always been able to manipulate his way around?

Reply to this Topic
Smackbum

Jun 11

Smackbum says:

You never close you eyes ...

Things had been on the rocks for a few years, so lasting the distance was always a pipe dream.  After the triumph of switching to Yamaha and winning the next championship, the tragedy of switching to Ducati and winning feck-all put a strain on the relationship.

Jerry was sticking it out mainly due to loyalty and being at a time of life when starting over with a new rider was not an attractive prospect.

So a somewhat clumsy announcement but I think they are both better off parting ways now, though if Rossi thinks that this is a turnaround moment he should take a look at the SuperBikePlanet poll.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices