Skip to content

KTM Video: KTM 1290 Super Duke R group test 1290 SUPERDUKE

You are in... Forums > KTM > 1290 SUPERDUKE > Video: KTM 1290 Super Duke R group test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Video: KTM 1290 Super Duke R group test

Triumph's Speed Triple is MCN's long-standing king of the traditional naked litre-class bikes, free of traction control and rider modes. At the other end of the spectrum is Aprilia's Tuono V4R, which grabbed all the accolades with brutal power and myriad electronic rider aids. But now there's a new 'Beast' fighting for naked honours: KTM's 1290 Super Duke R. We took all...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 225 days ago (10 January 2014 17:01)

Post a message in 1290 SUPERDUKE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

Test

Enjoyed the test but for feck sake get rid of that sh1t music , I want hear the bikes not listen to that drivel

AND GERT RID OF THESE FECKING SPAMMERS

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

Speedy for me

Defo speedy no fannying about with electronic gismo's just your right hand to control your bike.

And the cost plays a big part for me I have owned three speed's and they get better and better.

would love a aprilia but cant afford one

Reply to this Topic
hatchplot

Jan 14

hatchplot says:

Noise Pollution

I got 1 minute into the video and was driven away by the noise/music.

Pity as I really wanted to know the conclusions.

Reply to this Topic
dmacle

Jan 14

dmacle says:

1290 TC & wheelies

The TC struggles to keep the front down in street and sport modes. I haven't tried a prolonged wheelie yet but it's easy to get a good bit of air, just whack the throttle open in 1st, 2nd or 3rd. A wee tickle of the clutch or a bump in the road and it'll lift easily in 4th too.

Here's how to turn MTC and ABS off: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DQmPWYaY7c  I'll try this on the move once it's a bit warmer and first service is out the way.

MTC is incredible on the road - I was out with a mate on his ZX10-R who couldn't keep up as he couldn't stop it wheelspinning (at half throttle), where the 1290 just slipped a touch, then gripped, lifted the front wheel an inch, and f*cked off along the road. The ABS is good too, thankfully, because it's far too easy to pile on a lot more speed than you expect!

Exhaust noise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lzt_W5iZeM It's not easy to record exhaust noise on the move as wind noise takes over very quickly.

I'll publish any other videos I make on the youtube account the two here are on.

Reply to this Topic
mdlark

Jan 14

mdlark says:

sound

Those inersted in a mtorcycle want to hear how it sounds. One can only hear brain numbing distraction. When the ptch man crows about  the products wind sounds block the message. Heck they could lip sync that if need be. Thank God for mute. The film doesn't show the bikes very well at all. A wast of time

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices