Skip to content

Discuss This Lotus superbike: MCN world exclusive General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Lotus superbike: MCN world exclusive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Lotus superbike: MCN world exclusive

MCN has the world exclusive images of the new Lotus superbike in this week’s issue of the paper along with details of the project and how running prototypes are already out testing.We have exclusive high resolution images of the new Lotus C-01 superbike as well as exclusive information from those close to the project revealing more details about the 200bhp...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 248 days ago (15 January 2014 12:29)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

And it,s main

competion will be a HARLEY V ROD / NIGHT ROD. Not really Superbike material. although it prob is a super bike. See how she goes in the Superbikes at the TT .Racing improves the breed.  As stated below car blokes should stick to cars. Get the guy who posts all his own designs of bikes on here, Benzini or what ever, now he,s got some real class.

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

A superbike ??

For the love of god will someone please get Andy Downes a new pair of glasses!!

How the hell is this monstrosity a superbike? Another expensive cafe racer for the Tom Cruise,s of this world.

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

KTM

Oh by the way it,s apparently got a Ktm rc8 engine.

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Having studied the images again, and carefully considering all that is presented for our delectation and information regarding the proposed offerring from lotus, I am compelled to make one final suggestion - KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F*"k me, it's so ugly I'd rather sh%g my ex than be seen near it. And she no looker!

Reply to this Topic
IsraelsRSV

Feb 11

IsraelsRSV says:

Not made by Bikers

I don't know why Lotus have even bothered. It looks Crap. Not usable. Clearly designed by a car designer not a bike designer. Big white elephant. Fuss about nothing. It'll soon be forgotten. I'm not expecting to be buying a Lotus Motorcycle in 10 years time.

Reply to this Topic
alexiemcn

Jan 14

alexiemcn says:

From what I've read in MCN and elswhere this has no links to Lotus other than use of the name under licence. It will be interesting to see the real thing as I suspect it will be much more formal looking than the CAD styling drawing seen here.

Reply to this Topic
dangerousnick

Jun 12

Wow!! all i can say is Lotus you sure know how to make one BUTT UGLY mother f**ker

Stick to making cars

Im not surprised the source who supplied the pics wants to stay annonymous this is a real let down, and even more so if the engine is supplied by KTM? Lotus should surely be making their own instead of robbing someone elses?

Reply to this Topic
ClaretEverywhere

Oct 08

Calm down everyone

I can't believe so many people are attacking this with so much venom. These pics are clearly CG images, not pictures of the actual bike, and were probably a deliberate 'anonymous leak' just to provoke a reaction. You can bet that the finished article won't be the same. I mean, why on earth would you need all that bulbous bodywork to enclose a compact modern V-twin? I won't be suprised though if some of the cafe-muscle-cruiser-rod styling cues are kept though. Fashionable, innit.

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

Meh

My comment on this supershite is, Meh!! That's all it deserves! Send the designer back to college, quickly!

Reply to this Topic
BobLeDuc

Jul 11

BobLeDuc says:

The leak and pictures have served their purpose...get the project into the collective consciousness and stir up conversation....

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices