Skip to content

Discuss This Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

Five-time MotoGP world champion Mick Doohan reckons Casey Stoner would have slipped seamlessly back into winning contention had the Australian been returning to racing action in 2014. Stoner retired at the end of 2012 after winning two premier class titles, but he has constantly been linked with a future return. Stoner won’t be racing in MotoGP in 2014, but there are constant...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 182 days ago (24 January 2014 10:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

The

2007 Ducati had been developed for two years and had the jump on all the other factories, so CS came from 8th on a Honda RC211V to 1st on a ducati, then 2nd in 2008 and then 4th the next two years before going back to honda and winning again on a bike developed by Pedrosa. Great development by Ducati there then. No one can deny how great a rider Stoner is and the championship would be better off with him there, but the fact remains NO ONE has got the red piece of turd from Blogna to work irrespective of who they are. And for rossi being the GOAT, he is behind Giacamo Agostini and Angel Nieto in world championships won.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Yep Nostro

Same as it ever was!  However glad to see you're still reading my posts - means you're still interested in my opinions!!!     haha.

Think about your last season of racing compared to your peak - how did it compare ? Did the young guns thrash you ?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That's way too simplistic Alex

What, and the Japaense just whipped their 800's up in the off season post 2006? That bike in 2007 had speed and nothing much else. Stoner tamed it. A monumental feat. Let's not forget the Japanese woke up pretty quick smart after Qatar. The speed differential between the Duke and the Yamaha had gone from 16kmph to 4kmph within the space of two further G.P's.

Stoner was on a satellite Honda with third rate tyres in 2006. Even when he was happy with his rubber Michelin often made him run a tyre in the race he hadn't practiced on. Incredible. Still he showed us a fair turn of speed even then. Enough for the Terrapin to put the kibosh on CS as a teammate.

The GP9 was uber competitive. Chundering Casey wasn't though for the middle portion of the season.

Nostro won a race on his final day of racing Saturn, unfortunately I also won a weeks stay in hospital afterwards, which didn't impress the boss to whom I was to marry a month later. The cast was hacked off for that event. Got to be able to hold a bottle properly. The fractured pelvis had pretty much healed, got me out of the dancing though!

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

But

that is what the japanese do, something new all the time, the wick gets turned up in the land of the rising sun, in Italy ok eeet good then 5 years of shrugging their shoulders. The Gp 9 and the lack of handling could well be a factor that Casey took a break from racing as well as his lactose intolerance, he was probably working like ten men trying to get that thing to the finish line. Nicolas Terol had the same lactose problems last year but carried on racing and won at three rounds, at the end of the season he looked like he was back with a bang. The ducati factory had nothing to lose and every thing to gain going into 2008 and they developed that bike before the other factories. They won one championship and that was 2008 and it is as simple as that. Casey said there is a lack of front end feel, a comment that has been backed up by three other world champions(LC,NH,VR) and by dovi and crutchlow. I am glad someone else out there married their boss, I thought I was the only lunatic about!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

2009..?

Now't wrong with him..

He saw the best doctors money could buy and they couldn't diagnose Lactose?..all it takes is a simple breath test!

BUT..his local backyard boonie Quack knows best, finds what's wrong and gives him a sick-note just before he has to go back to work?

Yeah..righto.

His mind was broken..and much like when he was pulled out of school, curtailing his education because some of the big bad boys started playing rough, Stoner quit..bailing after the 10th round @ Donington 2009, way behind in the standings after the worst first half in 3 years at Ducati..unable to face reality.

The video gives us a clue how he was unravelling..."Rossi is extremely lucky. Always has been." haha..whine, moan, cry. 

He looks fresh as a daisy, doesn't he? Absolutely nothing wrong with him apart from shrinking testicle syndrome.

What a stupid decision to run wets. What a bottler and serial quitter the thin-skinned Aussie is.. 

I blame his parents for spoiling the kid..and falling for his dying fly antics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCR6VBngZbE&feature=player_embedded

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Yep, no doubt about it

Stoner is a mere shadow of a man of Wosi's stature. He'd have simply opened the visor of his JEBS helmet to let the vomit fly away, button it down again and point the CX turbo at another way too late apex.

The difference is Wosi would have no one behind him to cop the chunder. Stoner had the entire field chasing him.

Stoner raced for three races in which his illness was a major debilitating factor Alex, before taking a further three off. He had few issues with the GP9 as I understand. It was the GP10 and the hard 'n' cold 'stones where it all started to go wrong for Corse, before falling off a cliff 2011 and onwards.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Straight from the horse's mouth..

..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wr9qPGlefA

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Lorenzo talks Marc v Casey..

“But the difference between Casey and him is that Marc never gives up, when Casey sometimes gives up. Marc never gives up and for this is even harder to beat no?"

Not just wosi who thinks he's a quitter, eh?

Stoner's fragile ego wouldn't be able to handle getting spanked by MM on the same bike..and I 100% guarantee he won't be back..

Why revisit a place that caused so much hurt & pain..where it's plain you're not liked or wanted?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You spoken to Casey's boss have you Wosi?

That sounds like a cheque your arse couldn't cash. You can't have watched CHR's vid either. Because it wasn't plain at all - quite the opposite in fact.

Speaking of giving up. Did you see the way Rossi fell off the Duke at Laguna daydreaming? But hey, think what you like. The Terrapin reckons he's got friends in the paddock too. Ha, ha.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Boss?

Which one we talking about Nostro?

Boofhead Nakamoto..or the real boss, Adriana?

Do all Antipodean males surrender their ambition and trousers when they get married?

Pussies..

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices