Skip to content

Discuss This Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

Five-time MotoGP world champion Mick Doohan reckons Casey Stoner would have slipped seamlessly back into winning contention had the Australian been returning to racing action in 2014. Stoner retired at the end of 2012 after winning two premier class titles, but he has constantly been linked with a future return. Stoner won’t be racing in MotoGP in 2014, but there are constant...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 219 days ago (24 January 2014 10:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

I wasn't...

...saying that you had said any of those things, i was using them as an example. I wish you could read your own comments through somebody elses eyes, you seem to be the one in the cult! The "Rossi is the Devil" cult and it has blinded you to anything else to do with the Sport. To you every post is related to Rossi, and anyone that likes Rossi is stupid or a "bedwetter". I like Rossi, but i also like Stoner, Marquez, Lorenzo, Crutchlow and all the other riders in the paddock. I don't hate any rider or try to demean them or their achievements, to hate a rider or a team is not what the sport is about. This isn't football.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Let's break the chain

(no pun intended)

This might interest you Nostro - did you commission this one ?

http://www.bikeexif.com/kawasaki-z1a

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

LOTW

If you want the sanitised, heavily edited C of E version of MCN go and sign up to the site of the Great Rossi Fawnicator - David Emmett with his Motomatters. If he doesn't like what you say he'll delete your posts or even edit them to paint you a fool, but hey that's his prerogative as the site owner. It's a happy wee prozac fuelled village is MM.

I don't give a tinkers cuss what you think of my tone - every little bedwetter out there has fully earnt my condescension through the stupidty of their posts. Mine is not abuse for abuses sake as with Supermario amongst others. Rossi earns my distain through his own many and varied cowardly acts and an arse that couldn't cash the cheques his ego was writing. If you disagree with the content of my posts then have a crack sunshine and we'll see where the cards fall eh?

But enough about me. Is your COW going to get the Brit GP in the near future?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I love the Z1's Saturn

The period paint works well well the gold forks on this example too. But I prefer my classic specials a little more closer to standard in visual form. So right side uppers, spoked wheels and steel swinging arm for me. I actually hope to start on my own Tonti framed Guzzi bare bones cafe racer project road bike in the not too distant future.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Personally

I like the old + new concept - Croz's bike is stunning.

I understand the purist point of view tho' I have a close friend who restores Classic bikes - he's recently completed a 1962 Triumph Trophy and a 1937 Norton 'Inter' he's currently working on a 1962 BSA Gold Star DBD34 - all in authentic original trim. 

Anyway enough of the sensible stuff - The Stoner story is practically a mirror image of Graeme Crosby's - is it an Antipodean trait ?

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Yep Nostro, you have indeed proved my point majestically and  I couldn't have expected a better response.    To reach the heights of Benny?????......Nostro hasn't got that high yet. 

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Don't get me wrong Saturn

I'm all for modern suspension and braced chassis' in the case of the big Jappa's. Perhaps single pot Brembo's which are more than effective enough anchors - certainly for the road. Bikes are made to be ridden hard. So for me a more standard silhouette and less obvious modern bling. Each to their own though. Croz is a fuggin' legend alright too.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

COW?

Sorry i'm missing something there, I realise it is probably blindingly obvious, enlighten me?

I don't want the sanitized version, as i have said everyone is entitled to their own opinion! The point i was making was that because someone has a different opinion to you does not make them wrong. You're right there are some people on here that don't have any arguments grounded in reality, and it is annoying when someone argues until they are blue in the face when you don't agree with them. There is always going to be a bit of name calling, it is just banter, but recently you seem to have blown up with it! Previously i always thought your arguments were logical, recently however they seem to just centre around Rossi.

And "have a crack"? Again i'm not even sure what you are asking me to do?

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

COW

Circuit of Wales my Welsh friend. And Saturn that is a bloody lovely Z1. I have been looking into getting a cafe racer/flat tracker type of custom for a second bike but that Z1 has got me thinking.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

how about this

Cafe racer kits by Metisse Nice.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle