Skip to content

BMW Would you really take a BMW R1200GS round the world? R1200GS ADVENTURE

You are in... Forums > BMW > R1200GS ADVENTURE > Would you really take a BMW R1200GS round the world?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Would you really take a BMW R1200GS round the world?

Fancy an adventure bike? BMW’s new R1200GS Adventure costs £12,600 for the base model, £14,750 for the XE and £15,350 for the TE model. We’re talking big money here, but would you really take a bike worth a deposit on a small house around the world?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 225 days ago (07 February 2014 10:07)

Post a message in R1200GS ADVENTURE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TIMBITS

Feb 14

TIMBITS says:

R1200GS

No I probably wouldn't take one around the world, too many reviews showing various failures for me to risk that and also for true off road, it's just too heavy. And like mentioned previously...charley and Ewan and a LOT of support. Possibly the 800GSA, much lighter and agile. If I was going to just do roads though, I think it would have to be the R1200RT a fantastic, reliable, comfy ride, fairly good fuel economy and just an all round amazing machine with a real feel good presence to it. Other than that... when I was in Europe in august, I saw more than a few Honda NC700X's panniered up and I got chatting with a few who told me they loved the comfort, DCT, fuel economy ( damned expensive in Europe ) and the all round usability of the bike. Having ridden one recently I would have to agree as it may seem a tad bland but all that torque and wicked balance makes it a laugh in the corners on those winding roads.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices