Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha explain Open M1 test refusal for Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha explain Open M1 test refusal for Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha explain Open M1 test refusal for Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha denied Jorge Lorenzo’s pre-season request to test an Open class spec YZR-M1 because it made no sense in letting the Spaniard evaluate a bike they had no intention of him racing.MCN exclusively revealed earlier this month that the double MotoGP world champion had requested an Open-spec YZR-M1 test because he felt 24 litres and access to softer compound Bridgestone...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 179 days ago (28 March 2014 14:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

And

he has said he is not happy with it and his pre season testing has shown that, he was top at P.I but that was that. If he was happy with the current bike why would ask to test an inferior piece of kit. You can blame Bridgestone but Rossi has them working and so does mm and dp. The race at COTA is the real test for the 2014 tyre as it wont suffer from the humidity problem that Bradl and Bridgestone have talked about , but NOOOO lets go back to last years compound as it is better for the factory bikes. It stinks of bullying from the factorys so that they dont have a repeat of Qatar.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

AlexDAbomB69

His riding style demands a lot more of the tyres on the edge, this year they don't have the same level of grip.
It's the same for everyone but the other guys don't have this 250 cc style with a lot of weight on the rear wheel and longer wheel base.
They can (Rossi and Marquez) slide bikes, they can control bikes on lower level of grip and still go fast.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Careful DeGreasehole, I've noticed you are losing your 'accent' in some of your more recent posts.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

I can assure you no other factory rider liked the new medium tyre at Qatar Alex

And as much as Lorenzo shat the bed and moaned at Qatar, he only kept getting better.. Until he crashed on cold tyres. Rookie mistake but let's not jump to hurried conclusions.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

Butta Bob

Exactly what I was thinking.... haha ha    But he should be ok "Slipping" up as he is a firm believer in speaki.... errrrr um, steering from his rear. It is after all the only "approved" way of racing a Moto GP bike and the majority of posting on this forum.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Rookie mistakes. Hmmm?

Jorge made two last year and they cost him the title.  (discounting the lifeline that was thrown to him with the debacle at PI)

He can't afford many more and upping his game to match Marquez has to result in more rash decisions from a usually cool character.  Sort of like Rossi vs Jorge in that season before the Mugello crash? 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Info:

Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director
“Not a good beginning of the season. The pace was finally good after a couple of days testing. Our target was to have a good start but not go crazy and push a lot because we knew it was quite slippery. Jorge lost the front very suddenly like Bautista and Bradl did so I think it was a tricky point of the track and it caught him out. We have to look forward and I think its good to see that even with problems we are able to find solutions which is a positive point.”

Bridgestone reflect on unique challenges of Qatar

"As expected we had big variation in tyre strategies for the race, with all our front and rear slick options being utilised. I am happy to see that Marc was able to be so competitive on the hard compound rear slick, we made a big development with this option late last year for improved edge grip and the race result today showed it’s a viable race option for this year."

www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/Bridgestone+reflect+on+unique+challenges+of+Qatar

Marquez didn't seems to have an issue with tyre grip and the reason are well known, he can deal with it + the RC is designed for sliding.

With the 2014 chassis, Rossi can set his bike up for being less dependent or grip at the edge as well as being better on the brakes.

Massimo Meregalli doesn't "assume" anything when he says Jorge has an issue because of his style when grip levels are low, it's logical as well as mechanical and he is well positioned to know.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

it's all bullshit

I really believe they should all at the same material to work with from each manufacturer there is no point of the factory bikes is just making some people are better put everybody on the production bikes and the cream will rise to the top and I think you would be surprised who actually is very good how can you possibly compare Danny on his factory bike to Scott Redding on a production bike and fair championship just makes the Spanish look better than they really are just my opinion

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Smith

Bradl and Bautista may argue about how cold the tyres were when they crashed, and this my point no one likes the new compound so bin it off and bring back last years better compound and watch the factory boys p!ss off further into the distance,  I have to agree with vds45, level the playing field more for the sake of the sport and not for the factorys. We want to see more manufacturers in moto gp so stop bowing to the big boys and lets get others involved.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

AlexDAbomB69

You still have to wonder why the fastest guys doesn't crash on the same tyres and even wins on the hardest ones...

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices