Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha explain Open M1 test refusal for Jorge Lorenzo MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha explain Open M1 test refusal for Jorge Lorenzo

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha explain Open M1 test refusal for Jorge Lorenzo

Yamaha denied Jorge Lorenzo’s pre-season request to test an Open class spec YZR-M1 because it made no sense in letting the Spaniard evaluate a bike they had no intention of him racing.MCN exclusively revealed earlier this month that the double MotoGP world champion had requested an Open-spec YZR-M1 test because he felt 24 litres and access to softer compound Bridgestone...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 177 days ago (28 March 2014 14:10)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Level playing field ?

This could only be achieved by introducing either a one make series or a Moto2 style Moto1 class.

However this is untenable as the factories would not support it ... the only reason factories go racing is for marketing purposes and motorcycle development. It's all about selling bikes.  They don't do it for the love of the sport.

I agree in the theory of what vds45 and AlexDaBomb69 are saying but the practicality is a non-starter. If that's what you want best go club racing.

Dorna are doing their best to level it up as well as they can but  there will always be a factory-biased tilt. Besides which it's the factory prototypes which race fans ultimately want to see.

Reply to this Topic
Richard1967

Apr 09

Richard1967 says:

Factories?

Sod the factories , problem solved

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

I rather think

the cream has already risen when it concerns the factory seats. The days of the likes of Didier de Radigues buying a factory seat are gone.

I can't believe how much snivelling is going on here. The field has rarely (if ever) been deeper, in terms of riders and machinery,  than it is today.

The factories have always dominated since Otto first slung an engine in a hobby horse. They do it for the reasons Saturn said as well as corporate prestige.  Although you can never really take the emotive equation out of racing, it's part of the DNA of Yamaha, Honda and Ducati. Their retail positions have come in no small part  on the back of track success in many and varied motorcycling disciplines. The factories pick winners and focus their energies in the main there. That's their perogative.

No amount of rule tinkering is every going to find this mythical 'level playing field'. Get over it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

GP riders favourite corners

Bike magazine May 2014. Jorge Lorenzo - turn 12 Philip Island.

"There is something magic about the last corner at Philip Island. It's a bit up and down, the line is very important and you can slide for a lot of metres in fourth gear. The feeling you feel in this corner - sliding in fourth gear at more than 200 kmph - is maybe the best feeling that you can feel on a bike."

If anybody knows about sliding a motorcycle around P.I it's the man who's been quicker around there than any other.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Nostrodamuss

Right. "Sliding" a heavy bike due to g forces is NOT back-wheel steering you still can't get the basics... "Sliding" in fourth gear at more than 200 kmph? Are you sure you ever rode a motorcycle at all?

It's called Drifting, you troll, the wheels stays aligned and the bike doesn't move around its steering column, which is something he hates.

Go learn you basic physics before posting stuff you don't understand.

btw the quickest guy when he was there on this track was Stoner, race lap times 2013 Marquez was faster.

You made your point, you have the I.Q of an anvil. 

The funny thing is that we already established this but he won't give up...

Lorenzo on Stoner: He is on another planet.

Well we all know this.

Marquez doing a Stoner... LOL!

Someone who knows about "sliding", actually back-wheel steering, simply because he introduced the technique to Moto GP, on Marquez:

"I just watched a corner there that i wanted to watch on and he is doing something a little bit different than the rest of them on it.

And the thing that he is doing there is that he just sets it sideways a little bit, you're talking about 5 or 6 inches but it makes a difference because it actually steers the bike".

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Some are blind

others are ignorant, quite a few are reality deniers, many are bigoted and many more are just plain thick. But only one special MCN poster remains true to all of these attributes.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Drifting...

On a seaaaaaa 

Of forgotten teardrops  
On a lifeboat 
Sailing for your looooooove  
Sailing home...

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oi ahab

is it bluto?

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Nostrodamus-us-us.

You're BOTH blind and ignorant my friend, reverse psychology doesn't change that, i know a lot of British riders whith regular riding techniques who knows all heavy bikes drift (both wheels) in particular courriers, they take them out in the wet and figure that for themselves, but eh, you don't seems to be aware of the first thing there is to know about M-C.

I don't want to know how slow you are not to have noticed that sort of things for yourself, unless it never rains in N-Z and you dont ride on asphalt at all, because i understood you weren't British and living in a sligtly less developed -place.

Now you come here, bring the technical levels at its lowest possible, mix-up virtually every topic on the subject, can't figure what back-wheel steering a bike is, that even road bikes slides, even so Moto GP website is full of infos on that and most regular riders have a little experience of "sliding" bikes...

I take it that all you know about M-C is Nitendo-related, not real life. Get out of your mum's room and stop using her PC, perhaps you will end up riding a skateboard one day. Who knows.

Yamaha website:  BIOS from SEASON
BIOS from AtoZ
CHAMPIONS

Kenny Roberts

his aggressive riding style of sliding the rear tire (rear wheel steering), and his hang-off riding posture is now the standard in the GP.

global.yamaha-motor.com/race/wgp-50th/race_archive/riders/kenny_roberts/

Now show us a source saying Lorenzo style is to back-wheel or rear-wheel steer the M1 please.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Here is Jorge record for back-wheel steering. source Moto GP and enthusiasts.

youtu.be/eResxp7jALs

youtu.be/rDe2I6rG_Z0

youtu.be/85C-fns3R6E

!!!

youtu.be/sEjtpmsan74

youtu.be/39VcgIVUuUY

Now here is a guy who is visibly used to back-steer a bike that obviously designed and set up to be back-wheel steered since 2011, in 2008/09/10 we could understand he was getting used to it but then and his setting doesn't help, 2011/12/13...

Here is a close call (early 2008, look at the M1, it looks like it loves been back-wheel steered with his settings...

Twisting to knots.

Compare. Marquez-RC

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices