Skip to content

Discuss This Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Yamaha boss: Rossi a title contender in 2014

Valentino Rossi’s brilliant victory challenge in the season’s opening MotoGP race in Qatar proves that the Italian is a genuine title contender in 2014, according to Yamaha boss Lin Jarvis. The 35-year-old was a close second to reigning world champion Marc Marquez in an enthralling opening to the 2014 campaign under the Losail International Circuit floodlights in Doha. One of Rossi’s best...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 171 days ago (02 April 2014 10:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ivan_lima

Jul 05

ivan_lima says:

Last time

we saw him on a competitive bike was in 2010. 

I'm not getting my ball-kicking DMs out just yet, but I forsee themgetting an airing.

Even arch-iceman Jarvis is having Rossi's 2015-16 contract prepared, because he sees a serious resurgence, and not just based on the Qatar result.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Jarvis is a bigger Flo fan than Wosi, check the stories out from this time last year...

or just read these and pretend it's 2000 and fkn 13!

Reply to this Topic
cornbowl

May 12

cornbowl says:

Fact is

VR46 is still the biggest interest in MotoGP, with the debate still raging on. Lorenzo is not a happy bunny, there's a chink in his armour, I believe his mind set for the next race will be to try and win it, at all costs. If he does it, that'll bring his confidence back, but if he gets beaten or, the unthinkable, another off, then all eyes will be on Rossi to take it to the Hondas.  

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

And

the anti-Rossi-fan posts are as cut-and-paste-boring as in 2013...2012...2011...2010...

I'm looking forward to some balls-to-the-wall racing and there are only two front-runners out there capable of delivering that at the pointy end right now ...VR and MM

Reply to this Topic
gwcrim

Nov 13

gwcrim says:

Apparently Rossi's talent has been noticed elsewhere:

http://rideapart.com/2014/04/valentino-rossi-signs-harley-davidson-2016-motogp/

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

gwcrim

April fool. On some other website he was said to quit with immediate effect....

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

JehovahsWitness

Jarvis was talking (at the time) out of emotions which is not the best way to do it when you are in his position.

In reality, there was a struggle between his Japanese bosses and the Marketing Division, when Rossi left he bruised a few egos, when Lorenzo spoke with Honda back in 2012 he did the same, so it's not as checkered-simple as that, loosing the title to a rookie in 2013 made sure Yamaha RAcing division took their own interest at heart, Rossi is part of their development plan.

Back then, the Marketing Division couldn't have prevailed without a few factors such as Rossi "outstanding machine development sense" global.yamaha-motor.com/race/wgp-50th/column/vol30/ and his availability, renewed threat from Honda after the 2011 deroute and 2012 close call, Pedrosa won one more GP and Stoner could have won again had he not been injured, he scored 1 DNF and 3 DNS and 1 victory less than Lorenzo.

This sort of dat Yamaha racing are interested in, just like they noticed Marquez record first season and speed in 2013.

As a matter of fact, what people tend to overlook are the partial times which consistantly showed Yamaha technicians that the M1 development was going the wrong way since 2011.

In 2011 Lorenzo used 2010 M1 parts up to Le Mans after testing new parts in Estoril in May, in particulr a new swing arm which made the 2011 better in the corner (corner speed) but made it slower in all other aspects, in 2013, they tried to make of the 2013 a similar chassis to the 2010.

For 2014 they changed the bike so that it assessed Rossi demands on points he made when he came back; braking, turning-in and acceleration, this happened thanks to him, not anyone else.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

JehovahsWitness

Jarvis was expressing an opinion the HAD to, considering he works under Japanese who are emotional beings even so they do not show it.

As i said, Rossi left, some people got upset, he did express what the company bosses of this Dpt said about it.

As for "me" making no sense, it would be better for you to dig into it and stop implying the infos i posted are "my opinion" this is a troll's trick, and if you are really into M-C instead of taking things at personal levels you should try to figure it out rather than taking me on.

I do not have an opinion on that, i don't give a toss, i leave emotional compromising to fanboys.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Not exactly.

What  i said was he made comments "out of emotion", perhaps not the best way to put this but they were previously made by his boss, he expressed the position of his boss at Yamaha racing and it is well known (and documented, do your home work like i did) that his boss had been upset by Rossi choice to leave for Ducati, as he did not enjoy learning KLorenzo was talking to Honda back in 2012.

What he said was what was said at Yamaha Racing HQ and he couldn't say otherwise or could he?

Many people doubted Rossi ability to come back to this level, but something is a constent here, his developement skills, which is I.M.H.O what tiped the ballance for him to the detriment of Crutchlow.

Reply to this Topic
gwcrim

Nov 13

gwcrim says:

No, no, it's all true!  I read it on the internet.  They've even highered KR to be team manager.  Can't wait to see those aircooled "Factory" V-Twins puttin' the whoop azz on everyone.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices