Skip to content

Discuss This Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade

Nicky Hayden’s Aspar squad has conceded that its underpowererd new production Honda RCV1000R is unlikely to receive a motor upgrade until the fourth race of 2014 at the earliest. A lack of acceleration and top speed was quickly identified as a big weakness of the new RCV1000R, which is Honda’s entry in the new Open category, designed specifically to bolster grid...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 166 days ago (04 April 2014 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

All this 'talk' about a new bike that has completed ONE race at a one off track where Yamaha are usually strongest.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Silly old Saturn

But Stoner never said anything of the sort did he? Jeez the bloke only had a squirt of half a dozen laps on the thing, stating it felt good, just a little softer than the full fat version. Yet somehow you lot think it should be a world beater at a bargain price, and with 'lil Nicky on board?! Ha, ha, ha.

The bike is produced for sale Wosi, accordingly it's a proddie racer. Just like Uncle Carmelo asked for - before a whole host of 11th hour rule changes.

Some may not have noticed but unless they've won there's no end of things a racer is unhappy about.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Still avoiding the question Wosi, changing the context to deflect attention away from the fact that you won't answer it.

The desire of Hayden etc for a faster bike is only natural, but not relevant to what the RCVR is - it's what Dorna asked for, a production version of a factory prototype at a lower price than it costs to lease a full prototype. Lower cost = lower spec = less performance. Not rocket science.

Now answer the question

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Honda have been caught with their pants down

thanks to a typically over conservative approach. Yamaha's effort makes the Honda look weak. I have no doubt the Honda will get faster, its just a question of when. For Reddings sake I hope the alledged  4th round upgrade is substantial.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Exactly Nostro

his employment as a tester for the proddie was nothing more than a cheap publicity shot by HRC to bum up their product.

The whole issue of the Stoner comments made public (foolishly) by HRC is the crux of the whole debate. It was misleading and in hindsight a regrettable statement.

Nicky and Scott's main issues are lack of power (losing 0.6) on the Qatar straight alone and corner entry speed. Both these things are fixable but a major disappointment nonetheless. Judging by their interviews they were led to  believe the bike would have better pace from the off and lap times would be closer to the factory times.

Remember the production twin that Gibernau cut his teeth on ? He got that up amongst the factory and satellite bikes didn't he ?   That's the sort level that was expected.   Teams and fans alike expect more from the might of HRC.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Who's mislead Saturn?

Not Aspar, not Gresini, not most sensible forum posters. And mislead by what? Did Stoner say this thing would be a world beater? No. The 0.3 seconds was attributed to a Honda test rider. My immediate thought on that front was well they're generally a couple of seconds off factory GP rider pace, so 0.3 is fairly meaningless. Which is why the teams that brought the things considered nearer a full second to be a more realistic estimate of performance disparity. Honestly I cannot understand all the brouhaha you and you ilk are stirring up. You, Wosi, Alex and a fair few others are so incredibly lacking in pragmatic comprehension.

Look, the type of sponsors willing to stump up for the RCVR are those looking to indulge themselves as much as anything. Sponsorship is more charity than hardnose profit driven expenditure. It's a bit of prestige, glamour, a chance to impress some clients. Or do you think M7 expect 'lil Nicky to win the world title this year as you so obviously did the moment he signed up?

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Well it worked Sadturd392! They sold all their bikes and are leading the championship.

Hard to argue with that!

Riders will always want more, especially slow ones who need excuses. Looks like the few people who aren't disappointed are the ones that actually paid for them?

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Questions..questions..

I don't usually re-post old comments to back up a stance..I don't feel the need as my comments are unambiguous and clear as crystal. Also..the archive of my previous posts is available for all to see as wide open..not something you can say for the regular Honda fanboys club. Something to hide boys?

Most of you know exactly where I stand on a multitude of issues.

I do this for Bulto, who appears to have his head so far up his own arse, he has lost sight of reason and in the hope we can  move on and discuss this topic like adults.

This is just one comment Bulto, there are plenty more.

Now STFU you troll, and answer me this..because I can't get an answer out of any of you Honda loving apologists..the subject which, goes to very heart of your fanboy indignation that we shoud dare to question HRC & Nakamoto.

Feel free to chip in Nostro..

Define what Honda mean by The spirit of the rules, when they use the phrase to feign the same indignation you lost display, and try and make out they are a victim of Dorna?

From the Honda won't use full fuel allowance for new production racer thread..

Look at the comments, and you'll even see fellow Gumby Jamie agreeing. 

User's Badge

wosihoundsays

This anal pre-occupation with fuel economy in RACING has gone beyond a joke.

Why would Honda NOT use the maximum 24 litres?

Surely it can't be just to have bragging rights - "We beat the Forward Racing Yamaha's with less fuel" - although it wouldn't surprise me.

I'd hazard a guess that with a litre less than allowed, HRC are effectively performance capping the new bike.

Could it be the new RCV1000R production racer poses a serious threat to full fat factory Repsol bikes, with an extra 4 litres?

Corner by corner mapping strategies to save fuel and squeeze every little last bit of juice out the orange are track and race specific..they'll never see the light of day on production machinery because they're irrelevant and totally impracticable.

All the money and development time spent getting Marquez' billion dollar RCV213V to dominate while sipping 20 litres, is under threat from a proddy racer with less than a gallon more fuel in it?

Fkin crackers..what the hell are they trying to prove?

Such a shame Ducati can't offer a serious threat to the Japs with their ill handling Desmo..I'd give my shrivelled left knacker to see a rejuvenated Stoner taking it to them on a customer D16 that's allowed 24 litres and 12 engines.

Come back Casey..we miss you..sniff..sob.. 

03 October 2013 20:28

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

OK

what was expected from the RCV1000 was what Aleix is doing with the Yam getting it amongst 'em. Shake up the status quo - give the series a bit of oomph!   

Not just line up and slot into the boring procession behind the aliens.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Maybe that's what YOU expected sadturd392 but you and reality are rarely seen out together.

DeWosi, the only thing I get from that is that you're a Flossi and Stoner fan all rolled into one...

Just like DeGrasshole, how quaint! Hahaha hahaha haha.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices