Skip to content

Discuss This Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Aspar not expecting imminent RCV1000R upgrade

Nicky Hayden’s Aspar squad has conceded that its underpowererd new production Honda RCV1000R is unlikely to receive a motor upgrade until the fourth race of 2014 at the earliest. A lack of acceleration and top speed was quickly identified as a big weakness of the new RCV1000R, which is Honda’s entry in the new Open category, designed specifically to bolster grid...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 235 days ago (04 April 2014 10:00)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Swallowing Guff..?

Not at all JW, it's what Espargaro himself said on the matter, I'm not swallowing any guff - I always spit.

In addition to the other independent teams all saying it was too complicated for them to use.

I wonder, if the train hit those hose protectors at full tilt, would it get enough air to qualify for the Red Bull freestyle team

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Not that I believe

in conspiracies....

But I wonder if one advantage of having a standard set of electroncs will be that a Factory can no longer make sure that a rider out of favor does poorly.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

aintnothin

or indeed using electronics to separate factory riders into #1 and #2 status.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

isnt Aprilia

bringing a new engine for the teams at lemans?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

JW

That's not true is it, and you know it

The Forward Yamaha came about through circumstance and circumstance only. The deal was for an engine - leased for 800,000 because it was a 'current' spec and Yamaha wanted to retain control over their intellectual property. We haven't actually heard what Forward have paid Yamaha for the lease of the complete bike.

With the original deal, on top of the engine cost Forward would still have to fork out for the rest of the bike, chassis forks, etc etc. So the overall cost of their bike wouldn't have been 800,000. At the end of the lease the engine goes back and they're left with a rolling chassis only good for an M1 engine.

Leasing M1 bikes was never the plan, I've quoted Jarvis below saying it wasn't and also that it was against what Dorna asked for. So why persist with that staement?

Ducati haven't handed anything over to anyone, they collaborated with Marelli to upgrade their 2013 ECU - that's not the same. And those poor less fortunate teams are on record as saying it was no use to them as it was too complicated.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

17th August 2013..

“We agreed with Yamaha to lease the engine and the frame, the body of the bike, so we lease almost a complete bike from Yamaha. We have to take care of the fairing."..Giovanni Cuzari.

Bulto..That's knocking on for 8 months ago.

Will you desist with this circumstances bollocks. Things changed from the original plan..so fkin what?

Yamaha ousted FTR.

It is beneficial to Yamaha for data gathering in the Open class if they use their bike..not an FTR chassis. Thus the team is called Forward Yamaha..and have full technical support from the Factory.

I really don't understand why you keep implying Honda have had the rough end of the stick?..well..I do actually.

They ONLY started complaining once both bikes hit the track and the performance difference showed Nakamoto's claims up for what they were..bare faced LIES.

Dorna were happy about the lease..so were HRC. It's only you and few orange chums that ain't.

Stop apologising for them and making out it's every one else's fault but theirs ffs.. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

It's a pity you can't just discuss something normally instead of constantly referring to Honda apologists and orange panty wearers. It's repetitive and just makes you look a tool

I don't give a flying fck that the Forward Yam is more competitive than the RCVR, it's not like Yamaha are cheating to win the Open championship - there isn't one. The result is another bike that looks capable of challenging for the podium which is good news. Even better is that it's a Yamaha which is my favoured Jap brand.

I don't give a toss about Honda, the issue being discussed was people who should know better criticising the RCVR for what it is and comparing it against the Forward Yam, which isn't what it was supposed to be.

You know it as does anyone with half a brain.

Honda DID complain to Dorna - as soon as Yamaha said they wanted to lease an engine and not sell a bike. Dorna asked them to produce cheap production versions of their factory bikes FOR SALE at a max of 1m. How many more times does this have to be stated. Engine leasing wasn't what Dorna asked for but they allowed it. During subsequent discussions Honda decided to go along with it as they thought that an independent frame maker wouldn't be able to build a chassis that would exploit the best of a factory prototype engine. So yeah, I guess they were pissed when Yamaha rolled out the Forward Yamaha instead which turned out to be last year's Tech3 bike - a bike that was good enough to get a few poles and podiums, not to mention nearly win one or two. Not really a budget entry production bike was it.

Yamaha did what Jarvis said they wouldn't, lease another M1. Quote below. As for cost, I don't know and you don't know whether Forward have had to stump up more than the original 800,000. If it suits Yamaha's purpose of doing a bit of R & D for next season I guess it hasn't, but that would be self serving, not done in the interests of making more bikes available at a cut price. If it was where are Smith's bikes from 2013?Edwards is supposed to be getting an FTR chassis - which is what the original deal was, the loan of an M1 chassis to help FTR design theirs.

Answer this, if Yamaha are doing it for the good of the sport, and 800,000 is the genuine going rate to lease a near full spec M1 (Herve must be delighted if so) why haven't they offered to lease Crutchlow's and Dovi's 2012 bikes? What about Lorenzo's or Spies' old bikes?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well into late Feb the CEII thought

he'd still get the FTR chassis. At this stage the team was still being referred to as Forward FTR Yamaha.

Edwards chassis test 23 Feb 2014 MCN (what's with this retarded website when you cannot link their own articles?!)

Remembering Yamaha had little in the way of interest in their initial proposal to lease just engines. It wasn't until they then offered chassis building technical specs and assistance that FTR Forward signed up. The fact that FTR haven't fronted up (rumoured contract dispute / non payment with Forward) and pukka ex factory M1 chassis' are now used is an unintended consequence. Surely nobody believes this was planning on YMC's part?

No lies from Nakamoto. Just simple internet warriors who cannot understand commercial realities and wouldn't say boo if the Terrapin was HRC mounted.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Pity indeed..

Pity that you seem keen to impress upon us Yamaha is your favoured brand, yet all you do is defend Nakamoto and HRC..manipulating facts, telling lies and repeating shite?

You and your tag team twin are a joke.

..the issue being discussed was people who should know better criticising the RCVR for what it is and comparing it against the Forward Yam, which isn't what it was supposed to be.

Arse about face pal..it's the RCVR which isn't what it's supposed to be. It's the lies and building of a bike, that was so clearly placed into the pecking order so as to not upset HRC's beloved status quo..that irks.

Like it or not..they are both Open class bikes and one is a Honda, the other a Yamaha..they are bound to be compared.  

Honda DID complain to Dorna - as soon as Yamaha said they wanted to lease an engine and not sell a bike.

Did they?..evidence please. 

Nakamoto said "Our [Yamaha and Honda] philosophies are different. We thought, maybe Honda did a misunderstanding, Open class category you have to sell [the bike] to the team. I read the regulation book again and there is no mention you have to sell..."

Dorna asked them to produce cheap production versions of their factory bikes FOR SALE at a max of 1m?

Bullshit as usual..supply some evidence or we're liable to think you are exaggerating again.

Honda decided to go along with it as they thought that an independent frame maker wouldn't be able to build a chassis that would exploit the best of a factory prototype engine.

Another theory stated as fact..link.

Yamaha did what Jarvis said they wouldn't, lease another M1

Can't see any evidence to a reliable source on that either?

..where are Smith's bikes from 2013?

Edwards garage..where are Bradl's and Bautista's is more to the point? In the crusher..

Answer this, if Yamaha are doing it for the good of the sport, and 800,000 is the genuine going rate to lease a near full spec M1 (Herve must be delighted if so) why haven't they offered to lease Crutchlow's and Dovi's 2012 bikes? What about Lorenzo's or Spies' old bikes?

Seems to me you're adopting every thing wosi says lately..from arguments to insults, ya fakin TOOL.

Never heard a peep out of you until recently about leasing vs buying?

You seem happy enough that HRC are using a design on their production bike chassis that very closely mimics the prototype RC213V..but reckon Yamaha have done the dirty supplying a 2 year old frame to Espargaro?

It's not the frame that's the issue here, bozo..it's the engine spec..

..and if Yamaha can supply a competitive package within Carmelo's cost guidelines, and similar to Honda's over rated damp squib..again, so fkin what? More fool Honda.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat..HRC's philosophy and then the back-tracking to justify looking mugs, trying to regain credibility..is akin to your own Bulto.

Difference being..they can still upgrade the bike and make it competitive..

You're fucked. 

Now get busy supplying some proof for your conspiracy bullshit and give wosi a reason to stop pointing out your orange panties are twisted so tight up around that scrawny neck, that your tongue's hanging out flapping in the breeze..

Nay bother son..nostro will be along shortly to get his bellendus cleaned and all will be right with the world.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

No chance

Bollocks Wosi, if you think I'm going to jump to your command and provide more links for you to just disregard and respond with another comment that's way off context again.

I've given you links and direct quotes before - you disregard them because it suits you

You want the quotes, find them yourself. Some are on this forum

I lost interest in trying to discuss reasonably when I read this

You seem happy enough that HRC are using a design on their production bike chassis that very closely mimics the prototype RC213V..but reckon Yamaha have done the dirty supplying a 2 year old frame to Espargaro?

The facts on that are clear. My stance on that is clear - like I said, you disregard it because it doesn't suit your agenda.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices