Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014

Marc Marquez claimed his first ever victory at the Jerez circuit to continue his amazing 100% record in 2014 after also claiming pole position. Marquez was forced to battle with Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi in the early laps as the pair battled for the lead. But on lap three Marquez pulled the pin and eased away from Rossi, who was unable...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 174 days ago (04 May 2014 14:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

After JL99 the closest rider was Dovi, 20 seconds adrift, if you've got the chassis and engine, then even with all the restrictions factory is still by far the fastest. 

Its a shame we didn't see much action at the front after the first few laps, looks like its going to take a miracle to stop MM93. 

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Have to watch again

I missed the first few laps, as I was making my way back from Box Hill (Bridgestone BT16 pros did a great job!)

The world is running out of superlatives for MM. Stunning ride and qualifying given he wasn't up there all weekend. He's at least on for 11 or 12 wins this season. Cannot take a single thing away from him.

Rossi's form has been super consistent this weekend and as usual his race performance is better than qualifying. If anything his Yamaha was more consistent than the Hondas as both MM and DP tyres started to go off at the end. Good choice on hard front, cracking result.

JL has to be in a world of hurt right now. Oh, and check out the pic of the wee man DP - just excellent:  http://instagram.com/bwinlive#

Reply to this Topic
bikemad123

Mar 09

bikemad123 says:

marc marquez- the predator! quote of the day

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

title decided already?

its hard to think that anyone can trouble mm now, next year is more realistic to any factory rider, but sadly for fans unless ur a mm fan its come and gone really, good to see ducati making progress and hats off to cal for even bothering to ride with the pain.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Bikemad

Yeah - that was excellent.

"If VR DP and JL are aliens...what does that make MM?...."

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

BOOM!

Bautista, Dovi, Bradl, Esparago (snr) & Smith. Great battle.  For sure Dovi is being pushed and as always delivers under pressure.  Shame about his personality by-pass but that shall be forgiven.  A lot of experience.  As for Cal, whilst he needs to learn when to keep is dessert hole shut, he can still bang in those racing gems and fast laps - just needs to learn consistency. 

Rossi knocking on Pedrosa's door (I didn't say back) for 2nd in the championship  who would've thought it in 2014? One thing is clear - his ambition wasn't outweighing his talent today.  And as Notso said many times - you're only as good as you're last race so by default is agreeing that Rossi is awesome.

Jorge will bounce back, the fella is made of stern, stern stuff.  I still want Peddy to lift that trophy after all these years but without a few DNFs from the Quez of Marc, it's going to be a tall order...  Still rooting for the Cap'n though!

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

who would've thought it in 2014?

I did.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

JehovahsWitness

" to make such a stupid mistake was Ben Spies on the factory M1."

And when was that exactly?

As far as i know, Lorenzo turned the M1 into a bike he only could ride and Spies was a world champion for Yamaha just as well, with a totally different style, he had the most torid time of his life on this bike and it took Rossi (and Marquez) for Yamaha Racing to finaly come back to hearth and change the chassis.

This cost Spies his carrer, where was the mistake again?

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

How to make friends and influence people...

...the Crutchlow way.  Hate to throw petrol on Benny's fire but I don't know where to start with this guy.

Always got an excuse at hand.  Tech3 - our bike is rubbish compared to full factory, Dovi has better brakes etc,

Crying about the D16 knowing full well, (before flukily nabbing a factory contract) that the bike is way off the jap bikes

Now he's having digs at Dovi's crew for celebrating a well deserved 5th place and accusing Iannone of 'only getting fast quali times because he's getting a tow'.  Get one yourself or STFU

FFS, talk about talking yourself out of a job.  Maybe he wants a golden handshake rather than quit knowing his team mate and satellite Ducati rider have the measure of him and he's on a hiding to nothing...

Reply to this Topic
marianbv

Jul 13

marianbv says:

@JehovahsWitness

wait, wait .... not criticizing

I just can't find Tardozzi's quote ... do you have a link?

So far, I've only found a quote of Dal'Igna over on GPone (www.gpone.com/2014050413467/Crutchlow-Ducati-ha-poco-da-gioire.html), also saying the culprit was the overheated brake fluid and mentioning that the issue is already under scrutiny at Brembo ...

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices