Skip to content

Discuss This Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Jerez MotoGP: Marquez continues 100% win record in 2014

Marc Marquez claimed his first ever victory at the Jerez circuit to continue his amazing 100% record in 2014 after also claiming pole position. Marquez was forced to battle with Yamaha rider Valentino Rossi in the early laps as the pair battled for the lead. But on lap three Marquez pulled the pin and eased away from Rossi, who was unable...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 134 days ago (04 May 2014 14:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

ElDiabolico

Sorry to conterdict you but to steer the rear wheel the way Marquez does on the RC, you need more weight on the front.

The M1 is not as balanced as it used to be when Rossi was developing them, Lorenzo needs more weight on the rear wheel and it comes with its sets of problems.

First of all, you can't build up heat on the front tyre for hard braking, this last year brought grip problems to Rossi, also the large difference in temperature between loads (straight line and hard on the brakes) means the rubber have to work harder.

Then the rear wheel bias weight and inertia means that when the rear goes, there is not enough weight on the front for good steering authority, have a look at slow motion videos of his crashes from 2001 and you will notice this.

Every single time his M1 got out of shape on the gas, Lorenzo lost the front wheel a fraction of second later, this doesn't happen with a front which is loaded, you have better heat build up for hard braking and can manage weight transfer while retaining steering control, which is the actual M1 issue.

Rossi can brakes harder with the 2014 chassis, but they can't get the grip they need on the rear by changing position on the bike the way Marquez does with the RC, because they can't slide it as much, it still needs to be ridden on the edge of the tyre to carry more corner speed, there is less rubber, degrading faster, the temperature range is not ideal for the rear tyre either.

The best Yamaha chassis were developed by K.R as a rider and manager with the help of Rainey, despite a few difficult year, and later by Rossi and Burgess, they were more balanced than Lorenzo/Zeelenberg chassis, could be slided and still carried more corner speed than the Honda and Suzuki.

Now you don't see Rossi sliding the rear as he as doing in and out with "his" chassis, especially on the brakes, they are getting there but it is still biased for Lorenzo style, reason for their grip issues with the same tyres than the Honda.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Bob Butthead.

As always you have no clue what you are writing about, appart for your favourite sandwitch flavour and the sort of I.Q requiered for your own job applications.

Not everyone is as ignorant as yourself, if you knew anything remotely technical about bikes and how to ride them you wouldn't have a mouth full of it. Get a liffe, retard, i wont mention an education it's far too high up for you.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Top five test times so far

1. Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 38.737s [Lap 28/50] 

2. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1)1m 39.353s +0.616s [6/27] 
3. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team (RC213V) 1m 39.461s +0.724s [5/23] 
4. Alvaro Bautista ESP Go&Fun Honda Gresini (RC213V) 1m 39.635s +0.898s [18/37] 
5. Valentino Rossi ITA         Movistar Yamaha MotoGP (YZR-M1)1m 39.704s +0.967s [4/21] 

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Is it just me or is this site playing up today?

Can anyone catch Marquez. Rossi raced a new chassis yesterday, Jorge is testing a new swinging arm today. Looks like Yamaha still have work to do if they hope to catch MM

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

deGrasse

Read again my post, you are saying the same thing. Sometimes I get the feeling that you are more interested in giving your opinion instead of reading other's comments...

The Hondas are loading more the front, therefore they can slide the bike to aim for the exit and get the bike upstraight in order to go full gas sooner.

The Yamahas are more balanced, therefore less prone to slide, less weight on the front tire, etc. I don't see any contradiction there...

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

CH987

It's not you  this site is full of glitches and extremely fragile !   I can't use half the features on here I constantly get logged out while composing a post  and I'm unable to ujse the toolbar above the 'Your comment' box.

I could list another half a dozen glitches but what's the point - I've emailed MCN several times and they asked me for a list of faults  -  that was in December - nothings happened.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

New frame

Did anyone pick up on the fact the Rossi had a new frame for Jerez ?

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Yeah it was reported

during the commentary on BT

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Has anybody seen ahab?

It seems strange that he's gone so quiet after being so vocal recently.

Maybe that whale finally got him..  

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Quasimoto seems to forget

the Terrapin is (by his own admission) not an engineer of any description. Let's remember his doctorate is an hononary one in the field of SPIN! Data gets compiled, interpreted and translated into metal by factories. Yamaha have very vocally stated their bike is first and foremost built around the requirements of their nr.1 and fastest rider - Lorenzo!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices