Skip to content

Discuss This Bradley Smith boosted by engine braking improvements MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bradley Smith boosted by engine braking improvements

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Bradley Smith boosted by engine braking improvements

Bradley Smith put a tough Catalunya GP weekend behind him today when the British rider set the second fastest time during a post race test session in Spain. The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 rider raised his spirits after a deflating 10th position in yesterday’s 25-lap race with a lap of 1.41.224 that left him just 0.040s behind Marc Marquez. Smith tried revised...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 126 days ago (16 June 2014 21:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Bultow.

You've eared the man, considering you can't figure what does what on a chassis, his comments are quiet clear, not so long ago you couldn't believe one could use the rear brake.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Once again - what are you talking about DeG

But never mind, tell me again DeGrasse, how do you slide a speedway or grasstrack, or longtrack, or dirt-track (as in Oval in the USA) bike into a corner when none of them have a back brake

Ask KR about the last one as that's what he used to race

I won't hold my breath for a logical, accurate or relevant answer.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Bultoboys

Actually 1) You're WRONG about the lack of rear brake, some of them have them and one of the guys who started taking them off was..... K.R.

2) You couldn't hold your breath time to figure out when you got your wires crossed and smokin', plus since you speak of your @ss and makes a lot of windy noise instead of making sens...

Oo oooooooooooops!

www.motorcyclenews.com/shared/pagetemplates/netstarcommunity/originalimagedisplay.aspx

www.motorcyclenews.com/shared/pagetemplates/netstarcommunity/originalimagedisplay.aspx

oO

What i am talking about is what i always said, about setting and riding from last year...

K.R gave an interview about what he was doing on his 0W45 in 79 and his 0W35 the previous year to minimise weight transfer, and this was done by dragging the rear wheel to pre-compress both suspension before hitting the front brake.

He even tried to use front disk and caliper on the rear, but of course you knew that all along didn't you?

And you also know why Yamaha Racing are developing rear braking with caliper and engine braking further for their 2014 M1, no relation there either....

btw, i know it works because i tried  and adopted it on Yamaha Cantilevers 350 RDLC and TZ, something that still woks up to 1000 cc and improves braking no end, allowing for shorter braking distances and more stable bike, which in turn give you the choice between higher corner speed or earlier acceleration.

But eh, i suppose you also have this experience too and know it was just me making this up, that i also was lucky as **** to write this 6 month before Yamaha Racing decided to revert to ol' K.R settings and methods, including Galbusera starting work on Rossi M1 doing his rear and anti-skidding first.

Don't you genius? Don't you?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Blah Blah again

I never once argued that point with you about using the rear brake to sit the back down

But I did argue the point about using the back brake to slide a bike into corners as it isn't the rear brake that makes it turn into the corner - hence my question below, which once again you can't answer because you don't know.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

user virgin

Your last post is one of the most accurate posts I have seen on here for a long time.
It is quite true and very obvious that the clowns that argue like little girls day and night do not really have much of a clue about anything.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Bultoboy

As usual you talk out of your @ss. When one doesn't have the turnability, one CAN use the brake, you should stop arguing because the more you do, the more it becomes obvious that you know fcuk-all bout it.

As for K.R i appears that he was using rear brakes or not depending on tracks and bikes, as the AMA history and photos proves, only one ignorant here: YOU.

"It was a spectacular debut, but it was also the bike’s only moment of glory. Roberts tried to ride it at two more races, but reverted to his twin both times. At the end of the season, the AMA wrote new safety rules outlawing such machines in the future."

www.motorcyclemuseum.org/asp/classics/bike.asp

buelligan272: That's why i labeled them SloMos, they can't figure this out in a century, too slow in their heads, never been fast enough on a bike to put 2 + 2 together.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

uservirgin

The only difference between a good super-sport and a GP bike would be in the number of setting options, which you don't have on a top manufacturer's model, bar perhaps something like the R7 (complete with all kits), excentrics front and rear mainly, forks and shocks travel, detent, rebound, compression, suspension linkage etc (by memory).

But the main basic principles remains the same, depending on conception design, chassis geometry, weight distribution, they all would respond to the same laws of physics in a similar fashion within the limits of their own design (Honda, Ducati or Yamaha chassis?), add to this rider's personal settings and you have a good picture of what is needed IF you know the basics. ps, NOPE, i don't know everything.

OW02. R7

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

As usual DeGrasse

You are unable to understand what someone has written and respond directly to the point

Have you ever noticed, when the riders are braking really hard on the front brake and the back wheel is in the air how it swings slightly from side to side like a pendulum.

Is that caused by the rear brake? No, as the rear brake isn't being used and if it was wouldn't be doing much anyway with the wheel not in contact with the ground.

When a bike turns into a corner with the rear wheel sliding, it is not the rear brake that causes it to turn into the corner.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices