Tommy Hill took the win in race two ahead of Kiyonari
Brands Hatch BSB: Tommy Hill takes race two win
25 April 2011 16:55
Swan Yamaha rider Tommy Hill has taken victory in the second race of the 2011 championship at Brands Hatch today to go to the top of the championship standings.
It looked as though race one winner Shane Byrne would take victory again, leading from the start, but Hill stayed with the Honda rider and made his move at Druids to relegate Byrne back to second.
Reigning champion Ryuichi Kiyonari then pounced after a mistake by Byrne and set his sights on race leader Hill. Kiyonari had left it too late though, and was unable to pass Hill, finishing second.
Swan Yamaha rider Michael Laverty managed to stay with the leaders for the majority of the race in third place, but once Kiyonari passed the Irishman he was unable to keep pace with the front runners and finished in a lonely fourth place.
American John Hopkins finished fifth ahead of Scotsman Stuart Easton onboard the MSS Colchester Kawasaki. First race podium finisher Tommy Bridewell was unable to replicate his form from race on, struggling mid-pack before crashing out on lap 25.
1. Tommy Hill GBR Swan Yamaha YZF-R1 23mins 03.483s 30 laps
2. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN HM Plant Honda CBR1000RR +0.142s
3. Shane Byrne GBR HM Plant Honda CBR1000RR +0.598s
4. Michael Laverty GBR Swan Yamaha YZF-R1 +4.463s
5. John Hopkins USA Samsung Crescent Suzuki GSX-R1000 +10.089s
6. Stuart Easton GBR MSS Colchester Kawasaki ZX-10R +11.984s
7. Michael Rutter GBR Rapid-Bathams Ducati 1098R +13.048s
8. Dan Linfoot GBR Sorrymate.com SMT Honda CBR1000RR +13.897s
9. Peter Hickman GBR Tyco Honda CBR1000RR +18.431s
10. Gary Mason GBR MSS Colchester Kawasaki ZX-10R +18.473s
11. Chris Walker GBR Pr1mo Kawasaki ZX-10R +18.633s
12. Alex Lowes GBR WFR Honda CBR1000RR +22.211s (E)
13. Loris Baz FRA Motorpoint Yamaha YZF-R1 +23.515s
14. Glen Richards AUS WFR Honda CBR1000RR +23.884s (E)
15. Martin Jessopp GBR Rapid-Bathams Ducati 1098R +30.732s
16. Steve Brogan GBR Jentin Honda CBR1000RR +30.741s
17. Simon Andrews GBR PR Kawasaki ZX-10R +35.911s (E)
18. James Hillier GBR Bournemouth Kawasaki ZX-10R +42.174s (E)
19. Patric Muff SUI Tyco Honda CBR1000RR +42.192s (E)
20. Scott Smart GBR Moto Rapido Ducati 1098R +45.514s (E)
21. Barry Burrell GBR Buildbase BMW S1000RR +45.611s (E)
22. Aaron Zanotti GBR Quattro Plant Spike BMW S1000RR +45.896s (E)
23. Tom Tunstall GBR Doodson Honda CBR1000RR +1 lap (E)