Sepang MotoGP test: Simoncelli ends test on top
03 February 2011 17:14
San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Marco Simoncelli has surprisingly ended the three-day Sepang MotoGP test on top.
The Italian has been on top form throughout the test, finishing in the top five on the previous two days.
Honda again dominated the test, with five out of the top seven riders on Honda machinery.
Casey Stoner, who finished day one on top posted the second fastest time, with champion Jorge Lorenzo a close third.
Valentino Rossi finally managed to break into the top ten on the final day with the tenth fastest time as he continues to get used to the Ducati. Team-mate Nicky Hayden was the fastest Ducati rider in eighth.
Cal Crutchlow again finished 15th, ahead of Moto2 champion Toni Elias.
1. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 0.757s (42 laps)
2. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.811s (42 laps)
3. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 0.845s (46 laps)
4. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 2m 0.945s (51 laps)
5. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 2m 1.002s (60 laps)
6. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 2m 1.241s (44 laps)
7. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 2m 1.353s (63 laps)
8. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Team 2m 1.534s (60 laps)
9. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 1.651s (32 laps)
10. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Team 2m 1.842s (52 laps)
11. Hector Barbera ESP Aspar Team 2m 2.030s (42 laps)
12. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.057s (48 laps)
13. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 2m 2.159s (57 laps)
14. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 2m 2.645s (29 laps)
15. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2m 2.717s (44 laps)
16. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 2m 2.916s (55 laps)
17. Bike #T1 JPN Yamaha Test Rider 2m 2.965s (41 laps)
18. Kosuke Akiyoshi JPN Honda Test Rider 2m 3.452s (3 laps)
19. Bike #T2 JPN Yamaha test Rider 2m 3.621s (32 laps)
20. Nobuatsu Aoki JPN Suzuki Test Rider 2m 4.700s (46 laps)