Collins gives HM Plant Honda shorttrack victory
16 April 2010 12:17
Aidan Collins take a start-to-finish victory on his new 2010 HM Plant Honda CRF 450 in the first round of the Shorttrack UK season at the Norfolk Arena, Kings Lynn on Sunday.
Collins had qualified his Honda on pole from his qualifying semi-final, alongside Glyn Pocklington on the H4U KTM with CCM's Tom Woolley and ASR Honda 450- mounted Tim Greig completing the front row.
But Collins made no mistakes as he hit the front, followed by Pocklington, Woolley, Richard Mason, Marco Belli, Greig, Darren Trapmore, Kevin Doolan, Geoff Baldock, Pete Boast, Derek Brindley and Rusty Hodgson.
Going into the last couple of laps Collins had eked out a five-bike lead over Pocklington, who in turn held the same advantage over Belli, but the battle behind was intense witWoolley still holding off Mason,Trapmore,Greig, Boastie,Brindley and Baldock.
Collins gave the HM Plant Honda team their first shorttrack victory – with HM Plant Honda boss Neil Tuxworth watching.
Pocklington took second with three-times Shorttrack UK Champion, Italian Marco Belli taking the podium spot
Round 1 2010 Pozzani Silkolene Shorttrack UK Championship
1. Aidan Collins, 450 HM Plant Honda
2. Glyn Pocklington, 525 Helmets4u KTM
3. Marco Belli, 530 Zeata
4. Tom Woolley, 450 Team CCM
5. Richard Mason, 450 Amp Racing Honda
6. Darrren Trapmore, 450 Kinrade Honda
7. Tim Greig, 450 ASR Honda
8. Peter Boast, 450 Team Suzuki
9. Derek Brindley, 450 Arrow Honda
10. Geoff Baldock, 450 Robspeed Yamaha
11. Kevin Doolan, 450 Silkolene Honda
12. Rusty Hogson, 520 F T Experience CCM