Misano WSB: Max Biaggi takes race one win
27 June 2010 11:47
World Superbike championship leader Max Biaggi took victory in race one at Misano after passing race leader Troy Corser in the dying laps of the race.
BMW rider Corser looked odds on to take BMW's first ever WSB win, starting from pole position and leading the entire race until Biaggi made his move late in the race.
Ducati rider Carlos Checa then passed Corser, relegating the Australian to third, where he finished the race behind Biaggi and Checa.
Highest placed Brit was Leon Camier, who rode his factory Aprilia home in sixth place.
Top Brit Leon Haslam finished eighth after struggling with electronics problems. Leon said: "I'm not satisfied with eighth. It was a tough race and we've been having a few electronics issues all weekend.
"It's frustrating for me because I do enjoy this circuit. Hopefully we can run at the front for the second race."
Fellow Brit Cal Crutchlow crashed out on the fourth lap and was unable to carry on.
1. Max Biaggi ITA Aprilia Alitalia Racing RSV-4 24 laps
2. Carlos Checa ESP Althea Ducati 1198 +0.387s
3. Troy Corser AUS BMW Motorrad S1000RR +0.822s
4. Michel Fabrizio ITA Ducati Xerox 1198 +4.911s
5. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 +5.916s
6. Leon Camier GBR Aprilia Alitalia Racing RSV-4 +8.658s
7. Noriyuki Haga JPN Ducati Xerox 1198 +11.872s
8. Leon Haslam GBR Alstare Suzuki GSX-R1000 +11.907s
9. Shane Byrne GBR Althea Ducati 1198 +16.490s
10. James Toseland GBR Yamaha Sterilgarda YZF R1 +18.458s
11. Luca Scassa ITA Team Supersonic Ducati 1198 +18.646s
12. Lorenzo Lanzi ITA DFX Ducati 1198 +19.315s
13. Jonathan Rea GBR Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR +25.405s
14. Max Neukirchner GER Ten Kate Honda CBR1000RR +31.671s
15. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki SRT ZX-10R +39.658s
16. Chris Vermeulen AUS Kawasaki SRT ZX-10R +48.137s
17. Roger Lee Hayden USA Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +56.316s
18. Federico Sandi ITA Gabrielli Aprilia RSV-4 +56.667s
19. Matteo Baiocco ITA Team Pedercini Kawasaki ZX-10R +57.218s