MCN Donington WSB: Scassa takes supersport win
27 March 2011 14:21
Factory Yamaha rider Luca Scassa continued his dominance with a win in the MCN-backed World Supersport race at Donington Park.
Scassa led from flag to flag, with team-mate Chaz Davies the only rider coming close to taking the lead. Davies tried to outbrake Scassa into Redgate on the final lap, but nearly collided with his team-mate.
It looked as if James Ellison would finish fourth but the Honda rider appeared to have a problem on lap 15 as Robin Harms and Gino Rea eased past him down Craner Curves. Ellison eventually finished just outside the points in 16th.
Gino Rea finished third after battling with Harms for fourth place for the majority of the race. After passing Ellison, Harms ran on to the grass, giving Rea plenty of time to ease the bike home.
Despite a slow start, reigning British Supersport champion Sam Lowes was up to third place by lap seven, but was forced to retire on lap 12 with a technical problem.
1. Luca Scassa (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) Yamaha YZF R6 33'40.762
2. Chaz Davies (Yamaha ParkinGO Team) Yamaha YZF R6 33'41.032
3. Gino Rea (Step Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 34'01.136
4. Robbin Harms (Harms Benjan Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 34'04.231
5. Broc Parkes (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 34'05.634
6. David Salom (Kawasaki Motocard.com) Kawasaki ZX-6R 34'12.763
7. Massimo Roccoli (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 34'22.890
8. Florian Marino (Hannspree Ten Kate Honda) Honda CBR600RR 34'24.588
9. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Lorenzini by Leoni) Kawasaki ZX-6R 34'33.698
10. Alexander Lundh (Cresto Guide Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 34'36.718
11. Miguel Praia (Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 34'41.479
12. Roberto Tamburini (Bike Service R.T.) Yamaha YZF R6 34'42.569
13. Ondrej Jezek (SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 34'46.868
14. Balazs Nemeth (Team Hungary Toth) Honda CBR600RR 34'49.290
15. Marko Jerman (MD Team Jerman) Triumph Daytona 675 35'13.361
16. Imre Toth (Team Hungary Toth) Honda CBR600RR 33'45.095
17. Mitchell Pirotta (KUJA Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 34'09.710
RT. James Ellison (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 33'20.680
RT. Pawel Szkopek (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 28'29.601
RT. Jack Kennedy (Team Appleyard Macadam R.) Yamaha YZF R6 23'50.698
RT. Bastien Chesaux (MACH Racing) Honda CBR600RR 22'28.360
RT. Sam Lowes (Parkalgar Honda) Honda CBR600RR 19'07.710
RT. Luca Marconi (Bike Service R.T.) Yamaha YZF R6 14'56.745
RT. Ronan Quarmby (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 11'11.639
RT. Vladimir Ivanov (Step Racing Team) Honda CBR600RR 5'47.642
RT. Danilo Dell'Omo (Suriano Racing Team) Triumph Daytona 675 1'31.094
NS. Robert Andrei Muresan (PTR Romania Honda) Honda CBR600RR