Nurburgring WSS: Lowes on top in first qualifying
07 September 2012 17:37
Sam Lowes started the weekend as he means to go on by topping the time sheets in the opening qualifying session at the Nurburgring today.
The-21-year-old Bogdanka PTR Honda rider claimed provisional pole ahead of his team-mate Jules Cluzel and fellow Frenchman Fabien Foret.
Lowes said: “"It was a good start to the weekend. We had a good pace today and ended the first qualifying with a series of five fast times inside the 1:59 bracket, while everyone else had only done some one off laps in the end, so I'm happy.
"We have a few bits to change and work on tomorrow but I'm feeling good and looking forward to the race already."
Ten Kate Racing Products Honda man Broc Parkes rounded out the provisional front row with championship leader Kenan Sofuoglu in fifth.
Nurburgring - FIM Supersport World Championship - Qualifying 1
1. Sam Lowes (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 1'59.210
2. Jules Cluzel (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 1'59.453
3. Fabien Foret (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) Kawasaki ZX-6R 1'59.637
4. Broc Parkes (Ten Kate Racing Products) Honda CBR600RR 2'00.183
5. Kenan Sofuoglu (Kawasaki Lorenzini) Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'00.222
6. Vladimir Leonov (Yakhnich Motorsport) Yamaha YZF R6 2'00.236
7. Imre Toth (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 2'00.455
8. Roberto Tamburini (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 2'00.510
9. David Linortner (Gerin-Skm Racing Team) Yamaha YZF R6 2'00.787
10. Sheridan Morais (Kawasaki Lorenzini) Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'00.960
11. Vittorio Iannuzzo (Power Team by Suriano) Triumph Daytona 675 2'00.977
12. Ronan Quarmby (PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 2'00.980
13. Massimo Roccoli (Team PATA by Martini) Yamaha YZF R6 2'00.989
14. Gabor Talmacsi (PRORACE) Honda CBR600RR 2'01.212
15. Dan Linfoot (MSD R-N Racing Team India) Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'01.223
16. Leon Bovee (DTC Racing Team) Yamaha YZF R6 2'01.650
17. Romain Lanusse (Kawasaki Intermoto Step) Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'01.660
18. Alex Baldolini (Power Team by Suriano) Triumph Daytona 675 2'01.699
19. Florian Marino (MSD R-N Racing Team India) Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'01.760
20. Jed Metcher (Rivamoto Junior Team) Yamaha YZF R6 2'01.865
21. Dino Lombardi (Team Lorini) Honda CBR600RR 2'01.874
22. Joshua Day (Team GOELEVEN) Kawasaki ZX-6R 2'01.989
23. Mathew Scholtz (Bogdanka PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 2'02.115
24. Miguel Praia (Bogdanka Honda PTR) Honda CBR600RR 2'02.311
25. Balazs Nemeth (Racing Team Toth) Honda CBR600RR 2'02.452
26. Luca Marconi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 2'02.861
27. Martin Jessopp (Riders PTR Honda) Honda CBR600RR 2'03.039
28. Andrea Antonelli (Bike Service R.T.) Yamaha YZF R6 2'03.201
29. Fabio Menghi (VFT Racing) Yamaha YZF R6 2'03.589
30. Luca Hansen (SMS Racing) Honda CBR600RR 2'04.316
31. Danilo Marrancone (KUJA Racing) Honda CBR600RR 2'04.558
32. Yves Polzer (Team MRC Austria) Yamaha YZF R6 2'05.325
33. Eduard Blokhin (Rivamoto) Yamaha YZF R6 2'08.516