Lowes sets the bar high in final day of testing
19 February 2013 13:39
Sam Lowes picked up where he left off on the opening day of testing to secure top spot at the end of the final day. The Yakhnich Motorsport Yamaha rider slashed a massive 0.443 seconds off his day one best to finish ahead of multiple world champion Kenan Sofuoglu on his Mahi Racing Team India Kawasaki.
Sofuoglu ended the day just 0.181s behind Lowes, but the Turk is a master of race strategy so will almost certainly have an answer for the young Brit in racing conditions.
Sofuoglu’s vastly experienced team-mate and former WSS champion Fabien Foret claimed third spot.
Fourth went to Pata Honda sensation Michael Van der Mark. The reigning Superstock 600 champion is showing that he will be a match for his more experienced Supersport rivals in his rookie season.
1. Lowes (Yamaha) 1'33.076
2. Sofuoglu (Kawasaki) 1'33.384;
3. Foret (Kawasaki) 1'33.614;
4. Vd Mark (Honda) 1'33.874;
5. Salom (Kawasaki) 1'33.950;
6. Talmacsi (Honda) 1'34.048;
7. Leonov (Yamaha) 1'34.140;
8. Menghi (Yamaha) 1'34.258;
9. Roccoli (Yamaha) 1'34.375;
10. Scassa (Kawasaki) 1'34.428;