Jonathan Rea back at the top in free practice three for British Superbikes
Knockhill British Superbikes: Jonathan Rea back to the top of the timesheets in third free British Superbike practice
30 June 2007 11:52
HM Plant Honda's Jonathan Rea shot back to the top of the timesheets to record the fastest lap at Knockhill in the third free practice session for British Superbikes.
The Ulsterman, who as fastest in free practice one, managed his best time of 48.376 on lap 28 of his 40 laps around the Scottis circuit to knock his Bike Animal Honda's Leon Camier off the early pace. This was just under two tenths quicker than his best time yesterday afternoon.
Leon Haslam recovered well from a poor start to the session this morning to record a best lap of 48.393 shortly before the end of the session.
Jonathan Rea's teammate, Ryuichi Kiyonari, finished the session in third place after his best lap of 48.434 on the 33rd lap of his 46 completed.
Chris Walker (Rizla Suzuki), James Buckingham (Quay Garage Honda) and Chris Martin (Honda Red Viper Racing) all left it late to record their best laps on their last time around.
The British Superbikes riders have had good weather so far this weekend with the sun shining on the Knockhill circuit today, and they will hoping for more of the same tomorrow for their two races.
Free practice three results:
1. Jonathan Rea GBR Honda 48.376
2. Leon Haslam GBR Ducati 48.393
3. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Honda 48.434
4. Tom Sykes GBR Honda 48.582
5. Gregorio Lavilla ESP Ducati 48.624
6. Leon Camier GBR Honda 48.643
7. Shane Byrne GBR Honda 48.803
8. Cal Crutchlow GBR Suzuki 48.933
9. Tommy Hill GBR Yamaha 48.933
10. Chris Walker GBR Suzuki 49.018
11. Karl Harris GBR Honda 49.340
12. Stuart Easton GBR Kawasaki
13. Hudson Kennaugh RSA Yamaha 49.613
14. Sean Emmett GBR Suzuki 49.856
15. Scott Smart GBR Kawasaki 49.987
16. James Buckingham GBR Honda 50.049
17. Ollie Bridewell GBR Suzuki 50.049
18. Tommy Bridewell GBR Suzuki 50.260
19. Steve Plater GBR Yamaha 50.282
20. Tristan Palmer GBR Honda 50.467
21. Aaron Zanotti GBR Yamaha 50.498
22. Chris Martin GBR Honda 50.506
23. Marty Nutt GBR Yamaha 50.647
24. Peter Hickman GBR Kawasaki 50.695
25. Tom Tunstall GBR Honda 50.928
26. Paul Barron IRL Yamaha 51.213
27. Macolm Ashley GBR Kawasaki 51.911
28. Neil Faulkner GBR Yamaha 52.829