Glen Richards set the fastest time in practice for the BSS round at Oulton Park
Oulton Park British Supersport: Triumph top Supersport session with Glen Richards
18 July 2008 16:52
Glen Richards has continued to prove the Triumph 675’s racing prowess with a runaway performance in the first day of practice for BSS at Oulton Park today.
The MAP Embassy Triumph man set a best time of 1.40.537 in this afternoon’s session; a time good enough to be six tenths faster than anyone else on the day,
Richards, who is looking to further stretch his 20-point lead in the Supersport standings this weekend, was also quickest in the morning session by a full second in damp conditions.
And it was Richards who took the chequered flag here at round three of the championship, taking Hudson Kennaugh on the final lap round the outside at Lodge.
Gearlink Kawasaki man, Chris Martin, was the closest to the dominating Aussie, setting a best of 1.41.12 this afternoon, taking the second fastest time away from Ian Lowry who was knocked back a place on his Relentless Suzuki by the ZX-6R rider in the dying seconds.
Steve Plater took the fourth fastest position in only his third Supersport appearance this season, ahead of the man second in the championship standings and the winner last time out, Hudson Kennaugh.
The British Supersport field will be competing in their qualifying sessions tomorrow at 11.15 and 16.25.
OULTON PARK BRITISH SUPERSPORT FREE PRACTICE RESULTS
1. Glen Richards MAP Embassy Triumph 1.40.537
2. Chris Martin Gearlink Kawasaki 1.41.124
3. Ian Lowry Relentless Suzuki 1.41.198
4. Steve Plater AIM Racing Yamaha 1.41.448
5. Hudson Kennaugh Raceways Yamaha 1.41.499
6. Craig Fitzpatrick BLDS Couriers Yamaha 1.41.504
7. Marty Nutt Nutt Travel T&G Yamaha 1.41.580
8. BJ Toal Virgin Media Yamaha 1.41.790
9. Aaron Walker TJW Racing Honda 1.41.916
10. James Westmoreland Centurion Racing Honda 1.42.058
11. Paul Young MAP Embassy Triumph 1.42.233
12. Joe Dickinson Trucklinks Yamaha 1.42.316
13. Rob Frost Team Buff Triumph 1.42.558
14. James Webb Padgetts Honda 1.42.614
15. John McGuinness Padgetts Honda 1.42.677
16. Steven Neate Gearlink Kawasaki 1.43.582