SUZUKI GSF600 BANDIT (1996-2005) Review

Published: 24 November 2006

"So successful it spawned a whole class – budget middleweight roadsters"

Suzuki GSF600 Bandit motorcycle review - Riding

"So successful it spawned a whole class – budget middleweight roadsters"

The Suzuki GSF600 Bandit was so successful it spawned a whole class. Budget middleweight roadsters. The recipe is simple take one aging but acceptable supersport engine, bung it in a basic, straightforward roadster chassis and price it as keenly as possible. The first Bandits proved best sellers, great for novices and as all-rounders. Latest versions are now 650cc and there’s an all-new engine in 2006. All, including the half-faired versions are great value.

No glitter or baubles here, but the back-to basics steel-tube cradle chassis does a decent job. Cheap, unadjustable forks are a little on the soft-side but overall the Banfit handles well enough for most and is comfortable and practical, too.  For the money, you certainly won’t be complaining…

Derived from the old ‘teapot’ oil-cooled GSX600F. The Suzuki GSF600 Bandit is outdated as a supersports, but fine as an all-rounder. Free-revving, flexible-ish, novice friendly and solid as old boots. The GSF600 Bandit isn't cutting edge, but no messing honest instead.

Forget the budget price for moment, the Suzuki GSF600 Bandit is a solid deal. In a nutshell it’s made by a repoutable manufacturer and is using proven, old tech components – so what can go wrong? The answer? Not a lot. That said, GSF600 Bandit's often dropped (by novices), caned, ridden through winter not always maintained properly and generally given a hard time, so inspect closely.

The Suzuki GSF600 Bandit’s sheer value for money. It’s always been the cheapest in class and if the Yamaha FZS600 Fazer knocked it off its perch in pure performance terms, the GSF600 Bandit still rules the roost when it comes to squeezing every last pony out of every pound spent. You can buy cheaper, you can buy better, but nothing has ever had absolute value nailed to it quite like a Suzuki GSF600 Bandit. Find a Suzuki GSF600 Bandit for sale.

Insurance group: 12 of 17 – compare motorcycle insurance quotes now.

Pardon? What did you say? With price the over-riding criteria the Suzuki GSF600 Bandit was never going to offer much in the way luxury. That said, the twin clocks are stylish enough and the switchgear and mirrors are OK, too. That’s you lot on the Suzuki GSF600 Bandit, though…

37 owners have reviewed their SUZUKI GSF600 BANDIT (1996-2005) and rated it in a number of areas. Read what they have to say and what they like and dislike about the bike below.

Review your SUZUKI GSF600 BANDIT (1996-2005)

Brilliant bike...new rider or a cheap second bike

28 October 2016 by Andrew Brassington

I bought mine as a first bike after DAS in April 2015. Having had a go of a few supersports and tourers, it is forgiving. Plenty of power but a smooth power delivery. Fuel economy is brilliant...50+ mpg on a run. Around 45mpg when absolutely caned on the roads. Predictable handling and comfortable on ordinary journeys. On a ride up to Scotland, with heated grips and good gear, I was crippled. That was a 3.5 hour ride non stop. The engine is very vibey through the footpegs and handlebars. Bar-end weights and an aftermarket seat make a massive difference. For a new rider or a cheap commuter bike....brilliant. Worst feature, lack of fuel gauge!!

Never carried a pillion. Brakes need regular maintenance especially the rear caliper which is underslung, worth removing it regularly and cleaning all the brake dust and road salt etc off. Have ridden a GSF600 with braided brake lines....these made a massive difference.
Smooth power delivery, literally seems to pull from any gear and is very responsive. The power delivery seems sensitive to the exhaust system, I have used two different air filters but a good aftermarket set of downpipes and an end can, has made a massive difference. In my case a Delkevic set of downpipes and a Beowulf end can.
Paint finish, metal and wheels overall are good. For a 17 year-old bike. Slight surface corrosion on front of frame behind oil cooler, and on swingarms. Given my bike was kept outdoors for a good few years, this is par for the course. The finish just isn't as good as more expensive bikes.
Assuming 6,000-7,000 per year (like me) DIY oil, filter and other filter changes come to about £100.00 pounds buying parts yourself (that is two services plus brake pads and other bits) . A major service including valve clearance adjustment and shim replacement cost me £250.00. Should not need valve clearances doing for a while. I had to replace the downpipes and end can (downpipes were 16 years old and a weld let go, end can was 14 years old and aftermarket). That cost me about £300.00. An aftermarket can and downpipe has made a massive improvement..people hear me with the Beowulf can. And power delivery is smoother all the way through the rev range.
Heated grips...vital on any motorbike. Lack of fuel gauge is a big factor, something to careful of on a run. I have used Michelin Pilot Road 3's. I haven't tried others but they are confidence inspiring....they grip and grip and are solid in the wet also.

Bought from a dealer, Norman & Birch in Stoke-on-Trent, spot on service. £1500 for a 2000 GSF600S with 31k miles in Apr 2015. At that time it was possibly £200 over private prices...but worth it for a bike with history.

mr

14 April 2016 by les waydick

worst? that bloody fuel tap. the best, well it's just the smile on your face when riding the bike. it has such good manors

at the moment only 4/5 but come the rebuild and who knows
cant fault it
the only reason its not five is because of that fuel tap
so simple to work on
yer right ! ..... what equipment

Found at the back of a warehouse covered in crap and with 63.000 miles on the clock and it had been there of a number of years. after a bit of work got it going and used it for 10 months. It's now in my garage totally stripped down with a new powder coated swing arm and rear wheel and tyres and bearings all round callipers stripped and new seals fitted. new chain and sprockets complete service and engine wash inside and out, front end has new fork seals and forks powder coated along with disks and callipers being serviced completely and will soon be back on the road to be ridden for one day and polished for six. This shows how easy it is to work on this bike I have never touch a bike before finding this bike. Seeing this bike at the back of a warehouse neglected reminded me of "ME" after I was T boned off of my last bike. And it deserved to be given another chance to be as good as it could be, or as good as I could get it

Lord Janus

12 February 2016 by Hubert Janus

sweet

lacks puff
nae probs
basic

got it for a song

01 June 2015 by Dwight Mitchell

It is easy to do maintance on this Bike and even for its age the mechanics of the Bike are still very good ... it has a few electrical problems but due to the age of the bike this can be expected .... Taking the bike to 90 mph requires very strong neck muscles .....

The bike is best warmed up ... it takes about 5 or 10 min for it to get to operating temprature but once it is there it ticks over very nicely ... The suspention is adjustable for a hard or soft ride ... I have adjusted if for a more comftable ride and to be honest you could ride for about an hour and a half before needing a break...
It is very responsive and even at its age now it is quick of the mark..
The Overall quality of the motor and the frame is very good
Because this is such an easy bike to service and repair the costs can be kept very low.. I have only paid for the spares and done the repairs and serving myself ... including changing the chian and sprokets...
Avoid a top box, I have always found that in high winds the bike can wobble a bit on the Motorway

Just get one and smile.

29 May 2015 by Rick

This was my 1st bike after passing my test about 12 years ago. Since then I've had a ZX600R, a Mk1 Fireblade and a VFR750. And now I'm looking at getting another Mk1 Bandit. What can I say? Love em to bits.

First Big Bike

08 January 2013 by chazmeercat

My '98 Bandit has been my first big bike since passing my test and moving from a CBR 125. Initially the size and weight was daunting, but once it's moving it just feels light and stable and with enough road presence to stop car driving taking liberties. The lack of a fuel gauge or light has caused problems once or twice, but after a couple near misses I’ve worked out tank range. I've only ridden this restricted to 33bhp, but it still seems to accelerate well (for a newbie) and gets to motorway speeds and above with ease. A screen may help with some of the wind pressure at speed as I can really feel it on my chest and head, but it's not a big problem. I've had no reliability issues, although it can take a while to start when left unused for a few days, but once running and warmed up is fine. I love this bike, but am switching to a Yamaha R6 to fully fulfil my midlife biking crisis :)

GSF600N

18 June 2012 by catsick

Owned the bike for 12 years now, first gen Bandit 600. Only mods include prog fork springs, jack up kit and predator exhaust (full SS system as original rotted). Couple of issues to iron out but otherwise a perfect machine :)

Bandit 600S

27 October 2011 by Furious607

I have owned this bike for 3 months now and have loved every minute for it. Due to my restricted licence, it has been restricted to 33bhp but still has enough power to get you into trouble. I commute 30 miles a day and am getting about 50-55 MPG. All-round it’s a good first big bike or just a normal every day bike and always leaves you with a smile on your face. Highly recommend it.

Just get one

03 June 2011 by mogulthrash

What an honest bike. Great value used. It'll rust and the exhaust collector will rust out. However you'll grin every day on it. Ive just put a Stebel horn on it - well worth doing cos the std horn is useless. 50 mpg sensible riding. Genuine 120 mph +. Starts, rattles and runs for ever.

Value and reliability

27 November 2010 by stevieboyni

What more can be said about the Bandit? It's a great bike! I owned a 1996 600 'S' a couple of years ago and it was great fun. Perfect for a weekend blast or even touring! I loaded mine up with luggage and took a 1300 mile trip around Ireland in 5 days and the bike did not miss a beat, even though driving on on some terrible roads at times and exposed to awful weather it kept going! The brakes aren't the best for sure and the front forks can be a bit bouncy but the engine makes up for it. Although lacking in a bit of torque it's a gem and responds well to a decent can and dyno. Had mine tested at 86bhp! Very novice friendly but not the lightest bike so watch it if turning sharply at low speed. Spares are plentiful and bike is easy to work at. I eventually replaced my Bandit with a VFR but still have very fond memories of it. Well recommended!! :)

Good Bike

21 April 2010 by djpert1

I bought my 1999 Bandit 600N a couple of weeks ago. It is restricted due to my licence but has plenty of power up to 9k then it just goes flat, but i've been told that that is where the rest of the power normally kicks in. The bike only had 11,500 miles on it which i hav already aded another 1000 miles to. So far so good. The handling's good, the riding position is all day comfortable, and I've been averaging 50mpg (I dont like to hang around!!!). When i first got on, it felt very heavy but as soon as it starts to move it is as light as air. Very stable and confidence inspiring. However, the bike is not perfect. The front forks are a little soft and it is pain to do any engine work as you need to take the tank off (which takes time if you dont want to chip the mint paintwork). The brakes seem fine - after I rebuilt the front calipars. I would recomend a fly screen as motorways are hard work otherwise. Also, a tail tidy looks soooo much cooler than that grotesque thing it had before. All in all, a great bike that can do pretty much anything. I love every minute I ride her and deffinatlely have chosen the right bike for me. Also, at £1200 I cant complain!!!

First Big Bike...

17 April 2010 by lmcgregor

I picked up my Bandit 600 (1998) on Thursday and have done roughly 200 miles. In that time all I can say is that I love this bike. I had been riding a CBR 125 for the last 2 years so I was quite intimidated when the keys to my Bandit were first handed to me as I new I had to get home on it. After riding for about an hour all the worries I had were gone. I found it very comfortable and easy to adapt to. I’m on a restricted licence so it’s been limited to 33 bhp but I think it has more then enough power for a big bike newbie and the restrictor kit hasn’t taken any of the fun out of riding. Now as I said above the bike is 98 and for a bike of its age I think it looks great. I won’t be able to comment on some things until I had it a while but my overall verdict is that I would defiantly recommend this bike.

Great Bike

28 December 2009 by donut1965

I bought a 2001 mk2 600 bandit soon after passing my test in Sept last year.I have loved every minute of riding this bike though I did find it quite heavy early but soon got used to it. Servicing it fairly straight forward although I did have problems fitting new rear brake pads due to poor design. It has got plenty of power and I have no problems keeping up with my friends FZ6, FZ6 Fazer and Honda Hornet.Fuel range is very good though I don't have a fuel gauge so have got into a habit of fueling up every 100 miles which costs about £8.00/£9.00. It has a nice smooth gearbox which is much smoother than the FZ6. The Bandit 6 is a great bike that will serve you well.

Wolf in sheep's clothing

12 June 2009 by MrDarcyZX6R

Had a 2000 model Bandit from new and it was my 1st 'big bike'. Plenty of power for a newcomer, comfortable ride and excellent handling (i could take turns faster on this than many race-reps i've ridden). Build quality was slightly iffy in places when compared to more expensive bikes, but then you get what you pay for. Ultra reliable though, the only problem i had in 4 years was the brake calipers seizing (design fault). The bike is also very heavy for a 600 which may catch some smaller riders out. Overall, a great 1st bike.

First bike, best bike

26 January 2009 by phillholmes

My first big bike, and it looks and sounds great, thanks to my brother keeping it very maintained, forget the plastic fantastics, go for a bandit and have something that will get noticed

Kickass!

19 July 2008 by PingSpike

What else can I say, it rocks :)

El Bandito!

13 November 2007 by tamlin23

This, as for so many others, was my first bike. Fot this reason I could never hate it. It had a scorpion exhaust, that assisted those pops and crackes to be heard when slowing in gear, which for me is one of the best engine sounds! I shall be honest though. The forks dive badly, the brakes are decoration I think, because they don't seem to affect the speed of the bike much and the bike does not instil confidence in corners due to feeling rather top heavy. Don't trust the fuel guage, it lies! Reading this you might think I had bought a well used hack, not so. It had done 2500 miles and was only a couple of years old. Very clean, and was like new. So why is it so bad? In my opinion its because its so cheap. So there is nothing more negative to say really. You get what you pay for! For a cheap bike to pin to the stop at every opportunity (provided you wont need to stop in a hurry) it's great fun. If you decide to buy one, change the exhaust for something that lets your hear it, and you will forgive it for anything....well....almost.

Bandit Good depending who you are

11 October 2007 by bikeboardsurf

My 1999 Bandit 600 was my first big bike. When I first had it I loved it, it gave me everything I wanted: affordability, good handling, lots of character, bit of oompf, reliability and smooth yet fast in the country roads. However by the time I was 22 (and was riding the bike derestricted for a few years) I found I was needing more, the engine became OK, the suspension seemed a bit soft and things seemed a bit bland, even with modifications, I wanted a new bike. In summation the bike is amazing for a first time bigger bike and if you want a good all rounder that is comfortable and gets you from A to B quickly then the Bandit is for you. But if you've been riding for a few years or maybe want an extra shot in your chaser you may find you'll eventually be want a bit more than a Bandit 600

Great value, real bike

18 July 2007 by Lightning Boy

I had one of the original Bandit 600s, bought it before the reviews came out and was really impressed it. I've had countless bikes before from tourers to customs, trailies to race reps, many of them Suzukis and I look back on the Bandit with some fondness. Considering it's "budget" status, it never let me down, handled, stopped and look spot on. I gather they dont take crashes very well, but no modern bike does. Innitially I fell for the "back to basics" aspect and found that seemed to be just right for me at the time. Overall, for a budget middlewieght, the Bandit really hits the spot.

Great value, real bike

18 July 2007 by Lightning Boy

Basic

25 April 2007 by lfcfan

It was ok... covered 48000 miles before it got really worn out. Not made to ride in all weathers, or proper distances. Didn't break down much but the electrics rotted in the end. You can buy them cheap though.

Superb. Excellent reintroduction to biking.

08 August 2006 by deanbaker101

Had my Bandit for a couple of months now after returning to biking after 10 years. Had a CBR600 last time. The bandit knocks the spots off it. Fitted a 14 tooth front sprocket last weekend. The difference is astounding. Pulls from 20mph in top gear. Lost some of the top end but I dont often go over 90mph anyway so would rather have the better acceleration. Reccomended upgrade. Strengths: Excellent MPG 50+ if you dont abuse the throttle. Easy to maintain. Easy to ride. Just a totally outstanding machine.  Weaknesses: Front forks too soft especially when braking. Brakes need a bit more than normal effort to stop quickly but you get used to them . Gonna try some sintered pads next time.

Great bike for the money

07 July 2006 by goose66

Well I bought my bandit new for £3500 and have now coverd over 12000 miles on it. So far it has done everything I've asked of it. for saying it has been used every day for the last 2 years come snow rain and shine the paint work has stood up quite well. I have given it a good clean on a weekly basis, and fitted a scott oiler, along with a top box and fly screen. the only down sides to the bike are poor front stoppers and way too soft front suspension, but I have fix the latter with different fork springs. also there is vibration between 55 and 60 mph. All in all it makes for a good cheep run about. Strengths: Value for money and it makes a great commuter. Weaknesses: Poor brakes and soft front forks.

Just returned to biking after 20 years- mid life crisis! Saw Bandit in local dealer. Fell in love!

08 May 2006 by startup

Wolf in sheeps clothing. Mind you after 20 years a moped would seem fast. Great acceleration, great fun, reasonable economy and stable up to motorway speed limits. Low insurance costs.This is the ideal first 'big' bike, or resurrected biker like me. Strengths: Power, low centre of gravity, (I'm 5 feet 8 inches, with short legs, and can put both feet on the ground) Handling is also very sure, especially for the born again biker. Weaknesses: Paint finish. Generally pretty good, but look for corrosion underneath. Bikini fairing not much use at speed, 'uncomfortable' buffeting at high speed. Also a 'pig' when cold until it warms up, takes a couple of miles!

So much for so little....Highly recommended if you're on a budget

29 April 2006 by ianalaidler

I bought this bike because I got an excellent deal on it and for no other reason. At first I was worried what it'd be like since it was so cheap...but damn this is a great bike for your money. Not the most exciting bike or the fastest but it`ll never let you down. Good tank range, good comfort and fun when you want it to be. The best feature of this bike - it is idiot proof! Countless times hamfisted riding and late breaking have been saved by this bike. It is uncrashable and I this would make it an awsome bike if you're new to big bikes and I'm convinced that because of the confidence it gives my riding has improved 10 times over. Strengths: Cheap bike/parts/insurance, easy to ride, reliable, add panniers and it`ll tour, loads of aftermarket parts. Buy one they`re a bargain. Weaknesses: Overtaking needs the right gear and a little planning and the finish aint great, that`s about it.

Bought Bandit from new as everyday transport, fun at weekends and light touring.

26 November 2005 by biker01

Fantastic, reliable, economical with no faults apart from replacing exhaust due to rust in 28000 miles. This bike will have a go at anything and is great fun so long as you don`t try racing. All you need in the real world and all for £3995. Has been through 4 winters and still looks good with a little care. Not a problem if you are in love! Strengths: Reliability, economy, cheap to run and easy to home service. Weaknesses: Paintwork on frame in some places. Not bad for price though.

Bandit Dark Blue, all standard bar rear hugger

17 August 2005 by rashton

The bandit has seen me through the daily commute and the sunday blast up to breacon. I have stored the bike outside under an oxford cover, through winter and it wasnt the coldest winter ever the bandit started first time everytime. Through summer the bandit moved forward into a agile machine that allows you to take your riding to a new learning experience where grip is king and allows you to corner faster and harder than you ever could in winter. Also if there aint one already buy a hugger it will help keep the rear shock in good condition. Strengths: Overall the bandit is a comfortable, brisk, fun all round naked 600. Weaknesses: Unless you keep on top of the cleaning it will rust badly through winter (once a week thorough clean and a quick rinse to get salt off in the evenings depending on the weather). Its heavy and at 200kg it takes a short while to get used to pushing about.

After my first review I thought an update was in order after six months of ownership.

02 May 2005 by Evogt

Well not much more to add really. The bike has been very reliable over the winter and I have covered 2000 miles. The biggest problem I have is corrosion on the heal plates and the chain adjusters. I have washed the bike after every ride and yet things still corrode. I now use the scott anti corrosion spray which has seemed to help. The braking is still good and have not encountered any fading and the handling is still good, apart from a speed wobble at 120 MPH (maybe a steering damper will help with this) Above all still very happy with the bike. Strengths: Ease of use, low maitenance costs, relability. Weaknesses: Build quality, speed wobble. Not the fastest bike in the world but its enough for a newer rider. Experianced riders will find that it wont excite to much.

The GSF600.....OH MY LORRRDDD! Wot a bike!

29 April 2005 by snetwomble

I have to say I agree with all the other reviews on this page, I have a GSF600 in burnt orange, it is my first big bike (tried ridin lots of others) and I havent stopped grinning since I bought it! It can be burbled around town and copes extremely well in traffic, but you can also open it up if you feel the need to and it still has the power to scare you silly! This is an all rounder bike so the handling does not compare with some of the race bikes you see on the road, but cant really be faulted (upright bike not a leaner) The bike is my daily rider so needs to be practical, which it is, but it also keeps me grinnin like an eejit (daily) with a little blip of the right hand. Strengths: Good handling, price wise...unbeatable, good daily rider, power when and wherever you want it, EASILY upgraded..power and looks. Weaknesses: None found so far.

In black It has done 6k miles in 5 months with no problems!

29 March 2005 by soft_spread

I have used this bike every day to commute on and it is a great bike. I have had no problems with it.(You read about people with their bikes going through chains and sprockets within 5k and bikes rotting and bearings going). But as of yet I have had no problems which I am very proud of the only things I have had to replace is a set of rear brake pads and that is it. The only changes I have made to the bike are a Scottoiler fly screen and heated grips. I must say there are much better bikes out there and performance wise the are much better handling and faster bikes but considering the cost of the bike and insurance plus what it will cost to run, this is a very good bike for the real world. Strengths: This is a very easy bike to ride and someone with very little experience on larger bikes this is a bike to have. But one warning it is heavy 200kgs! This isn?t really a strength of the bike but I will mention it is insurance £540 TPFT I am 18 with 1yrs no claims that is very good. Weaknesses: The biggest problem with this bike was the build quality you can't just leave it over the winter if you use it every day. I found that I needed to wash it every Sunday.

I have just bought a bandit 600s 2001, I have had a bandit before which was great

15 February 2005 by chascab

The bandit I have just bought is very nice but I am dissapointed with the headlights, the road spread is not very good. Strengths: Nice upright riding postion. Weaknesses: Headlights.

Excellent all rounder

12 February 2005 by stephencornes

Great bike that does everything you could want well at a bargain price. User friendly for new riders but has a power surge at 9k that makes it great fun. The performance is underrated, its not just as fast as the Fazer or Hornet, but a decent rider can make all the difference. Strengths: All round capability. Weaknesses: Keep an eye on the finish when used in poor weather especially if there has been salt on the road. Fairing not much use as its too narrow and low.

Great First Bike....Broke the mould when released, still great value........

18 October 2004 by beany25

My first bike, and although having nothing to rate it against, I love it, every ride has me grinning like a fool. brilliant to learn your craft on. plenty of 'add ons' out there. easy to work on, easy to ride. Strengths: Good brakes, superb engine (over 8000 revs) it howls. Weaknesses: Suspension is fairly soft, and the non adjustable front end is a shame. needs TLC to keep it in best condition.

17 September 2002 by jonn

Don't like the bad vibes thro handlebars around 55/65mph. Otherwise a lot of bike for the money.

08 July 2002 by lancsjohn

First 'big' bike, extremely pleased so far, bought in the new silver colour so I get quite a few glances 'cos its unusual. Quiet sound to the engine which I like, its even been mistaken for a bandit 1200 the engine looks so big. Acceleration is excellent, and i'm still running it in (not execeeding that 6000rpm for the first 500!!). A few fellow 'bikers' have commented that the 600 is gutless, ha!!, theyve never even tried one! All i can say is I'm well pleased with it....10 out of 10.

01 November 2001 by busalover

First bike was 600 Diversion. Great first bike, but Bandit outclasses in every way. Bandit looked excellent in black and would have suited the gold race can that was delivered the day I rode it into a dry stone wall. My fault, bike lost traction for an instant, enough to have me sit up mid corner and hit wall. RIP Bandit. See www.thegreigs.co.uk BIKES for more. I would recommend the 600 Bandit to anyone. It's a bargain. It may be out-classed by the Fazer, Hornet and SV, but it's right there as a do everything road bike and I'd have another (when the plaster comes off).

20 April 2001 by wolverine

I love the retro style and the responesive engine and brakes, the wing mirrors could be better.

Year introduced 1996
Year discontinued 2005
Original price -
Engine type 16v transverse four, 6 gears
Frame type Steel tube double cradle
Front suspension None (rebound later)
Rear suspension Preload
Front brake 2 x 290mm discs
Front tyre size 120/60 x 17in
Rear tyre size 160/60 x 17 in

1995: Suzuki GSF600 Bandit launched.
1997: Suzuki GSF600 Bandit now with centrestand and grabrail as standard.
1999: Suzuki GSF600 Bandit now with forks with adjustable rebound damping.
2000: Suzuki GSF600 Bandit updated model with new frame, longer wheelbase, new bodywork, lower seat height.
2002: Suzuki GSF600 Bandit now with fuel gauge as standard.
2004: Suzuki GSF600 Bandit now with catalytic converter.
2005: Suzuki GSF600 Bandit discontinued (replaced by 650cc version, see seperate review).

Suzuki GSF600N Bandit is unfaired, GSF600S Bandit is faired. For practicality and long-distance comfort the faired motorcycle is the one to go for. For looks and hoonability, go for the naked.

• Suzuki GSF600 Bandit motorcycle review - Riding