I was looking for an all-rounder with an upright, relaxed riding position. I didn't want to stretch forward like on a V-Strom. 90% of my riding is in heavy city traffic and I have to get on and off the bike a lot in a day. That eliminated my first choice Kawasaki Versys because it's just too tall for that. The other 10% of my riding is for fun rides out of the city and I want some power. The Strada is ridiculously easy to ride, not
intimidating at all. It would make a great beginner's bike. It handles snappily like a small bike, but has the big 660 engine. Hard to believe how different it feels from a Yamaha XT (too torquey for traffic) which
uses the same motor. This is a well-thought out bike. I am very pleased. The front glove box is genius, the LCD display is nicely laid out and fully functioned (the BMW F650GS, by comparison, for 2000 euros more doesn't even give you a gas gauge), the seat is comfy, though a trifle narrow, and the bike is comfortably low enough to put your feet flat on the ground. The brakes are great. It has integrated bungee hooks. People keep stopping to ask about and admire the bike. It's a good-looking, good-sounding machine. A few minor negatives: I'd like 1st and 2nd gears
to stretch a little farther, the bike could be a tad bit taller for less bend in the knee, and, as others point out, it's a bit rough around 3000 rpm. Also, Aprilia put a chirpy scooter horn on the bike. I am going to replace that ASAP.