Skip to content

Sport How will this change us.... MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Sport > MotoGP > How will this change us....

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

mooncat52

Jun 03

mooncat52 says:

How will this change us....

This morning it reminds me of getting up that Friday morning in 1997 when Labour had finally made it into power.....the reasoning for this is that as long as I've been a regular visitor to these boards (well about four years now) we have been living under the rule of Rossi.... Rossi's always been champion, we all knew it, a few people didn't like him but it didn't matter, he was boss, anyone who disagreed (like Nippon) would get shouted down, pulled apart and pretty much called an idiot. Bu now its all changed. I've been quite shocked at how some users masks have completely slipped since yesterday afternoon, some people who always seemed really laid back are full of venom and hatred for NH, and it seems the most popular comment from the last 24 hours is just "well he won't win it again". I'm wondering, will this change at the top so to speak spark a change in these boards? Will those people who aren't Rossi obsessives finally be given a chance to say what they want, or will it become even more of a closed shop, where all we will have for the whole winter is "he'll win it next year, Nicky is crap, Nicky never deserved it...blah blah " Just curious....its a whole new world for bike racing this morning....and I'm interested in how the users here are going to adapt. :) Edited by: SarahC on October 30 2006, 15:51

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (30 October 2006 10:54)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
vazy

Jan 05

vazy says:

Champion

I've mentioned elsewhere that this is not the first year or the first series when the best rider did not win the title. Had Rossi crashed 5 times we may have viewed things differently. For my money on a level playing field the leader board would have read like this. Rossi Caparossi Haydon Pedrosa Melandri. 2007 season Rossi Pedrosa Caparossi Melandri Haydon / Stoner Cant make me mind up about Nikano or Roberts. But which ever way you look at it 07 will be tight.

Reply to this Topic
fnwanker

Jan 03

fnwanker says:

top post mooncat

IMHO, the real fans stay the same and we know who we/they are. It makes me laugh but Mick Doohan's prediction was correct but I think I said this last year, Mick was out by a few years when he said NH would be the next world champion :-) This year we have seen possibly the best season ever simply because the level of competition and the number of bikes/teams that could win was so high. NH won and was pretty modest in doing so, VR lost and was highly complementary about his competition and didn't whine or give excuses. They basically called it like it was. My hope is that next year we see somthing akin to the gang of five (EL, WR, KS, WG and MD), those people who can't handle change or the unexpected probably shouldn't follow MotoGP :-) cheers, nj

Reply to this Topic
Adieu

Aug 03

Adieu says:

Typical shite from Nippon

I don't mind Nicky as a bloke, and I wouldn't have minded him winning the championship, if he was forced to take the win. (much like JT went some way to justifying his championship in Magny Cours). That didn't happen. We didn't get the race we were hoping for - far from it. Had a great weekend in Valencia though, helped by Beefus and his mate who are top blokes. Shame didn't get to meet Mat, and Armstrongracer on saturday night - we came very close :(. Baylis was the best thing about the race for me. I sure didn't think he'd got that in him. He managed to do what Sete's not all year, and what Edwards has not ever. I think Edwards just had the edge on him back in the WSBK days. Don't seem so now. Oh, yeah I was pig sick when Tony got in and when the backstabbers ousted Maggie.

Reply to this Topic
Beefus

Jun 04

Beefus says:

Adieu

...Yep, top weekend mate.. The race could have been better but we all got a good show in Cheste on Saturday night!!...Nutters!! :-)

Reply to this Topic
ninjasquaddie

Jul 04

Beefus

How did the atmos compare with sat night in the square in Assen?

Reply to this Topic
armstrongracer

May 04

Valencia..

Highlight of weekend was Cheste, Rossi falling took the shine off the actual race. Spent the whole night laughing my head off at the madness of it all. Actually the laughing thing could have been passive toking, the amount of dope being smoked openly was incredible. Watched this lad completely destroy a naked 600 suzuki thingy. Just reved it until flames came out of the head gasket. He then went back to finish it off like a Matador. Roded it then threw it on its side. When flames started appearing from under the tank I legged it sharpish. Wierd running into this Litchfield lass wearing an Alan Carter tee shirt. Last saw her circa 84, still well fit at 40+ Love this country.. Still making my way back, Granada today, Cordoba tomorrow, ride thro the mountains yesterday one of my all time top 5 biking experiences...

Reply to this Topic
mekon

Aug 02

mekon says:

armstrong

So it beats a weekend at Mondello then? :)

Reply to this Topic
mender

Aug 02

mender says:

What about Troy!

In all this wittering on about, did he deserve it or didn't he, we seem to have forgotten what a fantastic job Troy Bayliss did. What a class act even Loris couldn't catch him! Nicky Hayden did a good, year long consistant ride and got the title, Rossi has some tough luck but he fell off, on his own at Valencia. We can all look forward to 2007 when Rossi still wants it, Hayden wants to keep it and Troy is back in the mix(hopefully)

Reply to this Topic
keith11g

Oct 06

keith11g says:

rossi/ hayden

Couldn't agree more. There really is no taking it away from Rossi his still the benchmark the others have to aim at and his class and skill need not be questioned. However this year he was beaten by Nicky Hayden on merrit having completed more races and been more consistent then Rossi, Hayden deserves his title. I think he will improve next season as he'll have more belieft and maybe just maybe the others may see a crack in Rossi's armour.Lets hope so because it could really be a great season in 07. Maybe Rossi fans should give credit where its due, after all Rossi even admitted Hayden deserved his title. . Rossi is a fantastic rider probably the best ever and a major asset for bikes in general but his fans need to open their eyes to the rest of the field and appreciate the class indepth that is in gp's

Reply to this Topic
David W

Aug 02

David W says:

:)

"Unfortunately Rossi fans are the Manchester United fans of bike racing jumping on the band wagon." Complete and utter bollox. Talking of jumping on bandwagons, where the f'uck have you been all season?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices