You are in... Forums > General > General > The good old days

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

catnfiddled

Jul 03

catnfiddled says:

The good old days

http://web.archive.org/web/20041125082056/www.motorcyclenews.com/nav?page=motorcyclenews.messageboard.forum&forumID=51 "We didn't know we were born in them days"

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (07 March 2007 16:47)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tazzer

Aug 02

tazzer says:

jeez

Seems so easy on the compared to this monstrosity

Reply to this Topic
Dirty Gimp

Mar 03

Dirty Gimp says:

The good old days

What site was that?It seemrd so easy and user friendly.

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Mmmmh

Any chance we could log onto it and start again ?

Reply to this Topic
iainmilne

Oct 04

iainmilne says:

the errors of nostalgia

I was personally involved in BOTH of the previous MCN redevelopments. In 2003, when we relaunched using Jive forums there was dog's abuse regarding having moved away from Ichat because people had become used to it and there was a crappy chat room that about a dozen regulars went to. These forums are not yet perfect (shock! horror!) but we are addressing the problems over time and in the long run this solution gives us much richer potential functionality including blogs, guestbooks,personal galleries, instant messaging: you already now have private messaging, profile searching, social networking and enhanced contributions. Also, if you try the search tool you will find it faster and returning more relevant forums posts. Give us some goodwill for the next few days to tweak the forums work. Is there any goodwill out there?

Reply to this Topic
Dirty Gimp

Mar 03

Dirty Gimp says:

ianmilne

Some of the new functions are good in theory. Will have to see what it's like in a week or so. Ilike the fact we can now send pm's and that pictures for avatars etc don't need to be resized

Reply to this Topic
Dirty Gimp

Mar 03

Dirty Gimp says:

ianmilne

Some new features are good in theory, will give it a bit to see how things improve.I like the pm option and the fact that pics don't have to be resized to post as avatars. This is the second time i've posted this though as the other one is still in cyberspace somewhere.

Reply to this Topic
pussinboots

Aug 02

pussinboots says:

cool

thanx for the link catnfiddled... I got my fave avatar back ! :x

Reply to this Topic
dessp2

Jan 04

dessp2 says:

2007 1000 Group Test

Is anyone else just seeing a black screen with nothing happening when trying to play this?

Reply to this Topic
nman

Jun 06

nman says:

nope

can`t see what your on about cat, cus written links dont work on my computer. Can`t open it???????? unlike I could on the old one. Anyone else having tyhis problem?????

Reply to this Topic
nman

Jun 06

nman says:

Posted a reply to this thread and low and behold it vanishes when you open up again. And weve still got that flamin "show more" grrrrrrrrrrr

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices