You are in... Forums > General > General > iain milne

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

iain milne

Trial and error might be acceptable in the development stage but it shouldn't have gone live until it worked properly. Whatever the final benefits might be we will just have to wait for, in the meantime we are having to make do with a non friendly system where we cannot follow threads as easily as we did on the 'inferior' version and this default typewriter font is vile and difficult to read. I guess we should be grateful you don't work in the aviation industry.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (07 March 2007 22:02)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Eeeeew!

Now I need to shower!

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

PMSL @ STS comment

I thought thats what beta testing was for? Get some real users in to come and play with the system. and break it by doing stupid unexpected things with it. As for replicating 20,000 users yep thats simple there is software out there to carry out such testing.

Reply to this Topic
iainmilne

Oct 04

iainmilne says:

testing launch

I do know a bit about launching websites - i've been doing it for ten years, and that included the last MCN site which was up and down like a tart's undies when it first launched - and it took us a further six months after the core site launch to add the community bits. The site before that crashed continuously for the first month and that was built on IBM Websphere which was regarded as the very best technology available at the time. The truth is that the amount of time you have to load test after functional development is complete is driven by a variety of pressues and you cannot truly anticipate both load and usability issues until you launch publicly. That is what the internet is about these days - launching apps and finishing them with the help of the community that will use them. Of course, it relies on the goodwill and patience of the community to do that effectively.

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

See if by posting

The invisible posts appear???

Reply to this Topic
Spire

Oct 04

Spire says:

Yep

That worked

Reply to this Topic
ducatigirl35

Oct 04

ducatigirl35 says:

20,000 users...

Surely you only needed about ermm 1 to see where most of the problems laid?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices