Skip to content

News Police driving criticised Other

You are in... Forums > News > Other > Police driving criticised

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

hughbastard

Sep 06

hughbastard says:

Police driving criticised

When I see a police car, I will follow and observe for a while. This police car makes a number of basic errors. Watch the video and see how many you spot. OK I am being pedantic, but it seems like there's one rule for them and one for everybody else. This video was shot Tuesday 7th August 2007 at...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 8 years ago (13 August 2007 20:26)

Post a message in Other

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Laker

May 07

Laker says:

Hmmm

Pretty annoying to see things like this. Although I'm a new rider and watching your video I'm now confused, I thought when exiting a roudabout you had to pull off into the outside lane.

Reply to this Topic
Clunatic

Aug 07

Clunatic says:

Police Driving

Thats standard driving for the Police in North Wales. Last Sunday some friends of mine were riding along at 60mph. A T5 Volvo went past them in the opposite direction at well over 100mph NO LIGHTS SIRENS ETC. He then turned around and started to persue my friends. They saw what was about to happen and proceeded to get ready for the standard North Wales pull over !! For some reason the police car then overtook them at what they all tell me was at least 120-130mph, its a 60mph limit on that road. About a further mile down the road he was stood out of his car with no hi-visability jacket on or Police hat with his car looking like it had been abondoned not parked as it was across a junction making it very difficult for any other road user to exit from that junction and gestured for my friends to pull over. He proceeded to book them all for a dark visor "Its 25 degrees middle of the day very sunny and my friends were all carrying there clear visors should they be out once the light started to fail in a visor pal clearly visable. This then cost them £30 each. I want to no how many other road users did this idiot put at serious risk to earn North Wales Police £90.00. The implications of this officer speeding far outweighs whatever fine they were likly to impose as he put the lives of every other road user at serious risk just to fine 3 bikers who were doing nothing wrong apart from wearing a dark visor on a very sunny day. Well done mate crime of the century, You'll be Cheif Super this time next week. Clunatic North Wales

Reply to this Topic
videobike

Jun 07

videobike says:

It also happens in Cheshire

On Thursday I was on my way to Brocton, from Northwich when I observed, what I can only describe as reckless driving, Overaking on blind bends and crossing over solid white lines. They were not 'Joe Public', but 2 Volvos from the Road Policing Unit of Cheshire Constabulary. Granted they had sirens and lights on, but this does not entitle the so called professional drivers putting other drivers or riders at risk.

Reply to this Topic
videobike

Jun 07

videobike says:

Admendment to Location

Sorry ... Nantwich to Brocton, towards Wrexham

Reply to this Topic
hughbastard

Sep 06

hughbastard says:

In response to Laker

I know it is trivial but if I had been the driver the police could have stopped me and issued me with a fine for this or a talking to. When the police harass and target bike riders as criminals waiting to happen, the general public have to respond showing the hypocracies of those state-sponsored oppressors. I have had a lot of unwanted attention from police wanting to check my road-legal exhaust, an "eye for an eye" I say.

Reply to this Topic
b3bmcwi

May 07

b3bmcwi says:

reponse to Clunatic

Mental - they should have performed a citizens' arrest!

Reply to this Topic
Chewie7

Aug 07

Chewie7 says:

Irresponsible plod

On my way home from work tonight, watched in amazement as North Yorks finest (in said Dark Grey Golf GTI as mentioned elsewhere on this site) overtook in a dip, on a corner, crossing double white lines, just to catch up with a car that had been going sligtly over the speed limit. I think I know which of the 2 was creating the greater danger to the public!

Reply to this Topic
parapanfan

Apr 06

parapanfan says:

Deary me videobike!

Perhaps you mean Broxton? I believe the road you are referring to is the A534, split into two at its junction with the A49 at Ridley, and again at the A41 Broxton. Lovely pieces of twisty road which I have driven down at high speed on many occasions. Despite the low limit imposed, 50mph in places, both sections of this road between Nantwich and Broxton are safe to travel a higher speeds. Police drivers, while not perfect, are perfectly capable of 'making progress' without causing unnecessary hazards to other road users. Looking at some of your other posts, I'm unsure as to whether it's your commentary we hear or whether the footage is borrowed from elswhere. If it is your commentary, you clearly understand the application of 'the system' and the advantages it brings. When plod attend their class 1 driving courses these techniques are driven home , for want of a better phrase, until they become second nature. Having driven thousands of miles at 999 pace I can assure you that the senses are firing off far more than even an above average driver or rider out for a blat. In short those drivers you saw were quite safe in the application of their driving skills which have been honed over many miles of high speed motoring. You seem to have a gripe against the police in general, could you explain why?

Reply to this Topic
videobike

Jun 07

videobike says:

Police Driving reply

Hello Parapanfan

Thanks for the comments.  I am not getting at the Police, it is the system of training.  As a former Police instructor, I have seen the length of courses cut and new techniques used for training.  In the long term with more Police accidents occuring and speed restrictions being placed on response drivers and riders, are they being trained correctly.  Or is it money based...... I find now that some Police Forces do not test drivers at the end of a course, it is continual assessment, good or bad, I haven't figured that concept out yet !

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices